2012-2013 Discussion Thread - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Auction

2012-2013 Discussion Thread

Moderator: geodbear

2012-2013 Discussion Thread

Postby geodbear » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:34 pm

League for this season has been set up in Yahoo and invites sent back to everyone except Fenris, who said he wasn't returning. (Should you change your mind, let me know.)

I made one change to the settings, and that was to go with continuous waivers. I've currently set it so waiver requests are evaluated every day, but we can discuss whether it should be that or at some other frequency. This makes waiver dollars a bit more important as every pick up will be based on that. We can also discuss if $100 is the right amount for this. Also, move limits could be done away with this change of rules too.

As usual, I am open to any changes in rules. Currently live auction draft is set for Tuesday Oct. 23, 10:00 pm ET, so it's a week before the NBA season start and shouldn't conflict with any other sports.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2012-2013 Discussion Thread

Postby bokzg » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:37 pm

Not as important in a redraft league, but I thought we could at least toss around the idea of having an IR function in the league since I've seen it work well in others.

We tossed around the idea of one in the BKL and are currently discussing something like this:

Eligibility:
  • Players become eligible to be placed on IR if they are either designated by Yahoo as injured with the red icon. (Alternative: Player must be designated by Yahoo and miss 3 consecutive games)
  • Once an IR player returns to the court, their owner must remove them from their IR and add them to their roster before making any other transactions within 1 week via the procedure discussed below.
  • If an owner fails to pick up an IR player once he has returned to the court within 1 week or makes any other transaction before doing so, the IR player will become available to be added by anyone, any other transaction engaged in will be undone, and the owner will have their roster locked for a week.
  • Players who will be out due to non-injury reasons, i.e. suspensions, will not be eligible for IR.

Designation:
  • Each team will have 1 IR slot.
  • Owners designate players as being on IR by making a post on the Yahoo league page. The post must include a list of all current IR players so that there will always be an updated list for everyone to refer to.
    Example: "<Team> is designating <Player> as an IR player. Current IR players: ....."
  • The other owners will have 24 hours to contest the designation by posting on the league page. If there are 4 or more objections, the designation will be disallowed.
  • After 24 hours, if there are less than 3 objections and there has been no change in the players injured status, the designation will be complete and the owner can drop the designated player.
  • Once a player has been designated, no other owner can add that player to their roster as long as he remains on the IR.
  • Any owner who mistakenly drops an ineligible player in an attempt to place them on the IR may request that the commissioner undo the transaction within 3 hours, but will not have their waiver priority restored if it was used. However, if the dropped player is picked up by another owner during that time, the transaction will not be undone.
  • If another owner picks up a player that has been properly placed on the IR, that owner will be penalized by having to drop the IR player, not being allowed to pick up any player he dropped to do so, and having their roster locked for a week.

Removal:
  • An owner can remove a player of theirs from the IR at any time, and must do so once the player returns to the court as explained above.
  • To remove a player from the IR, the owner will make a post indicating that they are doing so and add the player. The post must include a list of all current IR players for the same reasons above.
    Example: "<Team> is removing <Player> from IR. Current IR players: ....."
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:41 pm

If it's put to a vote, I'd probably vote against an IR spot. Guess I'm probably swayed by the fact that I don't feel it's addition would be worth the extra work for the rest of the league (mostly by geodbear).
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:46 am

RedHopeful wrote:If it's put to a vote, I'd probably vote against an IR spot. Guess I'm probably swayed by the fact that I don't feel it's addition would be worth the extra work for the rest of the league (mostly by geodbear).

I would agree with this take. let's not add work for the commish.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby geodbear » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:54 am

DVauthrin wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:If it's put to a vote, I'd probably vote against an IR spot. Guess I'm probably swayed by the fact that I don't feel it's addition would be worth the extra work for the rest of the league (mostly by geodbear).

Yeah, sounds good to me. :-D
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:08 am

geodbear wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:

Yeah, sounds good to me. :-D

I have your back. I run three different fantasy football leagues, and a fantasy baseball league. I can empathize with getting worn out sometimes.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bokzg » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:28 am

Looks like we only have 8 teams signed up right now. Are we going to need to recruit?
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby geodbear » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:44 am

bokzg wrote:Looks like we only have 8 teams signed up right now. Are we going to need to recruit?

Wouldn't hurt. I know Fenris isn't back but I haven't checked with the other guys who haven't signed back from last season.
geodbear

Postby cnote23 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:37 am

i-will-play
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 236)

Postby jphanned » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:47 am

Not sure how it ballooned all of a sudden, but currently set to play in 10 leagues already - not including this one. So I'll likely have to step aside. Will be happy to find someone to replace me if needed. Sorry guys. :-/
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Next

Return to FBC Auction