Consensus Rankings - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Consensus Rankings

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Consensus Rankings

Postby KalElen » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:29 am

Rules of the list - If you want to participate, just reply to this thread with the player you think should be ranked next on the draft list
- Rank the NBA players based on a Single-Season, Traditional 9-catagory Fantasy League (either H2H or Roto)
- Each player needs 6 votes to be ranked (1-12), 5 votes to be ranked (13-36), 4 votes to be ranked (37-84), and 3 votes to be ranked (84+)
- Every time you vote, post player's name and number of votes (by incrementing previous voters sum of votes by one)
- Each member can only vote for one player at a time and should hold off voting again until his choice is picked. Everyone is free to change their vote at any time, but he has to clearly mark it by making a new post where he'll subtract a vote from his previous choice and add it to his new choice
- If you are the final deciding voter for a particular player, you should bold or in some other way mark your post so it is easier for me and mods to keep track of it and add player to the 1st post. after that you can vote again for the next player

List:
1. Kevin Durant
2. Chris Paul
3. LeBron James
4. Dirk Nowitzki
5. Dwyane Wade
6. Kobe Bryant
7. Danny Granger
8. Stephen Curry
9. Pau Gasol
10. Deron Williams
11. Amar'e Stoudemire
12. David Lee
13. Brook Lopez
14. Josh Smith
15. Carmelo Anthony
16. Jason Kidd
17. Gerald Wallace
18. Al Horford
19. Chauncey Billups
Last edited by KalElen on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:46 am, edited 7 times in total.
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: #1

Postby KalElen » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:30 am

kevin durant

i'm not sure where this should go. maybe it should go to leftovers, but i'll leave that to mods to decide
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: Consensus Rankings

Postby jphanned » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:42 am

Kal let's keep this all to one thread so Leftovers doesn't get cluttered. Once a guy hits his quota to be ranked, the next guy will just nominate a new guy for the next spot on the rankings.

#1 - Kevin Durant (2)
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 402)

Postby KalElen » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:22 am

Rounders Block wrote:Kal let's keep this all to one thread so Leftovers doesn't get cluttered. Once a guy hits his quota to be ranked, the next guy will just nominate a new guy for the next spot on the rankings.

#1 - Kevin Durant (2)

no prob. keeping it all in one thread might prove to be little more work, but you are wright about not wanting to clutter the sub-board. it would probably be a good idea for everybody who votes to post current number of votes for his choice (like you did) and the moment his player qualifies for the list he submits another vote for the next player. we'll keep 1st post updated to show players already ranked. i'll edit 1st post with modified instructions
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby geodbear » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:36 am

#1:
Kevin Durant (2)
Chris Paul (1)

I'm going to go against conventional wisdom here and put in a nod for Chris Paul. I don't think it's as clear cut for #1 as it's been made out. Plus the Collison trade removes some doubt too.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 262)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:14 pm

#1:
Kevin Durant (3)
Chris Paul (1)

For the first pick it doesn't matter, but we need to determine whether this is for H2H or Roto rankings.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:15 pm

I'd still take Durant at 1 and Paul at either two or three, depending on format. I'd call this for roto if I had a choice since that takes overall injury potential into more account. So..

#1:
Kevin Durant (4)
Chris Paul (1)
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby deadshot11 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:40 pm

#1:
Kevin Durant (5)
Chris Paul (1)
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 24)

Postby baller crimson » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Chris Paul (1)

Kevin Durant (6)
baller crimson
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Chris Paul (2)

Kevin Durant (6)
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Next

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers