Warning for Yahoo Pro League Users: Cheating - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe


Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Warning for Yahoo Pro League Users: Cheating

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Warning for Yahoo Pro League Users: Cheating

Postby gmoney973 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:18 pm

I am posting a warning for all fantasy sports players to NEVER pay for a Yahoo PRO sports league in the future. Yahoo operates illegally and unethically in running their sports leagues which allows cheating and unfair play.

These are the facts I witnessed:

-A few weeks ago one team posted that they had accidentily accepted a trade on their iphone and wanted others to veto the trade (David Lee for Jarett JAck)
-Some responded in agreement that they would veto it, Others did not respond
-The manager then posted that they would trade all their players to the teams that supported him
-The manager made a trade of Brandon Jennings, Paul George, Lebron James for Roy Hibbert, Thaddeus Young, Ramon Sessions and Andrew Bynum
-Yahoo! then vetoed the David Lee - Jack trade but kept the other unfair trade which was dumping the other teams players
-I made a similar unfair trade to another team to challenge the cheater, yahoo vetoed this trade
-Yahoo banned me from the league and deleted all the posts that provide the evidence that the manager dumped his players and colluded


http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/181886


I've attempted to contact Yahoo and there is no contact information and they do not respond to emails.

Please save your money and never play in a yahoo league for real money ever!!!!!
gmoney973
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster


Posts: 171
Joined: 7 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Warning for Yahoo Pro League Users: Cheating

Postby dewgongoo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:12 pm

Who's the league manager in this pro league? A Yahoo! bot or a human manager in this league?
H2H. STD 9-Cat. 12 Teams. Single Season.

PG irving/ holiday/ lilard/ wall
SG vasquez/ leonard
SF george/ m. barnes
PF cousins/ faried
C love/ monroe/ biyombo
dewgongoo
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

User avatar

Posts: 73
Joined: 3 Oct 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Warning for Yahoo Pro League Users: Cheating

Postby gmoney973 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:28 am

It is a yahoo employee that is the commish but they have the right to do whatever they want and their is no way to contact them or reverse the decision


Below is the response I got from yahoo customer care:

Thank you for being a Yahoo! user since 1999. We appreciate you choosing to use Yahoo! and truly hope you continue to use Sports, Mail, and Messenger, as you have been.

I want to apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. I assure you that I will do what I can to help resolve your issue.

Yahoo! Sports has the ability to lock certain aspects of a manager's activities in accordance with our Terms of Service and Fair Play & Sportsmanship Rules based on actions taken within the league.

Please note that any violations of the Terms of Service or Fair Play & Sportsmanship rules may result in action taken against all teams associated with the offending Yahoo! ID, including those in different leagues or Fantasy games.

While we appreciate your interest in remaining active in your leagues, we will not reverse any actions taken in response to Terms of Service or Fair Play & Sportsmanship violations.
gmoney973
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster


Posts: 171
Joined: 7 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Warning for Yahoo Pro League Users: Cheating

Postby floppymoose » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:09 pm

dewgongoo wrote:Who's the league manager in this pro league? A Yahoo! bot or a human manager in this league?

There is no commishioner per se. Yahoo Customer Care handles complaints and/or cheating.
floppymoose
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker


Posts: 6
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 7 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Warning for Yahoo Pro League Users: Cheating

Postby mbuser » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:05 pm

It's not illegal as much as poor oversight. I'm assuming people in the league voted against the James trade? If so, it should have gone before Yahoo!'s trade review office. I'm not sure how you can look at "Uncle Drew + West" trades and see anything but player dumping. And looks like the team that was the beneficiary of two questionable trades is on his way to the league championship. That's really weak, but your attempting to get what looks to be five questionable trades through was not going to help matters.
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3860
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 21 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Warning for Yahoo Pro League Users: Cheating

Postby robertdeleon » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:45 am

I was getting spammed with bad trades. One day, I accidentally accepted one. I asked other managers in
the league to help me veto the trade. I emailed yahoo to help cancel the trade. They emailed me back saying
that they do not interfere in Pro League transactions. A few minutes later, the trade was vetoed but they
locked my account for the rest of the season. I cant make trades or even make changes to my starting lineup.
I tried several times to get help and get an answer to why my account was locked but this is all they reply with
everytime:

Response Via Email (Jose) 11/29/2013 04:04 PM
Hello Robert,

Thank you for being a Yahoo user since 2000. We appreciate you choosing to use Yahoo! and truly hope you continue to use Sports, Mail, and Messenger, as you have been.

Yahoo Sports has the ability to lock certain aspects of a manager's activities in accordance with our Terms of Service and Fair Play & Sportsmanship Rules based on actions taken within the league.

Please note that any violations of the Terms of Service or Fair Play & Sportsmanship rules may result in action taken against all teams associated with the offending Yahoo ID, including those in different leagues or fantasy games.

While we appreciate your interest in remaining active in your leagues, we will not reverse any actions taken in response to Terms of Service or Fair Play & Sportsmanship violations.

If you have any further concerns regarding this issue Robert, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Jose

Yahoo Customer Care




They also say that they do not disclose reasons for suspension. They reserve the right to suspend anyones account and not have to refund their money. Just to show that I did not try anything shady, here's a link to my Fantasy
League. My team is TEAM II.

basketball.fantasysports.yahoo com/nba/176937
robertdeleon
Towel Boy


Posts: 1
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 5 Dec 2013
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Warning for Yahoo Pro League Users: Cheating

Postby Guy Smiley » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:24 am

robertdeleon wrote:I was getting spammed with bad trades. One day, I accidentally accepted one. I asked other managers in
the league to help me veto the trade. I emailed yahoo to help cancel the trade. They emailed me back saying
that they do not interfere in Pro League transactions. A few minutes later, the trade was vetoed but they
locked my account for the rest of the season. I cant make trades or even make changes to my starting lineup.
I tried several times to get help and get an answer to why my account was locked but this is all they reply with
everytime:

Response Via Email (Jose) 11/29/2013 04:04 PM
Hello Robert,

Thank you for being a Yahoo user since 2000. We appreciate you choosing to use Yahoo! and truly hope you continue to use Sports, Mail, and Messenger, as you have been.

Yahoo Sports has the ability to lock certain aspects of a manager's activities in accordance with our Terms of Service and Fair Play & Sportsmanship Rules based on actions taken within the league.

Please note that any violations of the Terms of Service or Fair Play & Sportsmanship rules may result in action taken against all teams associated with the offending Yahoo ID, including those in different leagues or fantasy games.

While we appreciate your interest in remaining active in your leagues, we will not reverse any actions taken in response to Terms of Service or Fair Play & Sportsmanship violations.

If you have any further concerns regarding this issue Robert, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Jose

Yahoo Customer Care




They also say that they do not disclose reasons for suspension. They reserve the right to suspend anyones account and not have to refund their money. Just to show that I did not try anything shady, here's a link to my Fantasy
League. My team is TEAM II.

basketball.fantasysports.yahoo com/nba/176937


I work for Yahoo and will take a look at this and see what happened here.
Guy Smiley
Towel Boy


Posts: 4
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 7 Aug 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Warning for Yahoo Pro League Users: Cheating

Postby Guy Smiley » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:36 am

Followed up and found there was a threat of dumping players, which would have upset the balance of the league. I will look further into this and respond, but initial feedback does support the suspension. We take roster dumping very seriously.
Guy Smiley
Towel Boy


Posts: 4
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 7 Aug 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Warning for Yahoo Pro League Users: Cheating

Postby silentjim » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Guy Smiley wrote:Followed up and found there was a threat of dumping players, which would have upset the balance of the league. I will look further into this and respond, but initial feedback does support the suspension. We take roster dumping very seriously.


;-D
Image
silentjim
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11517
(Past Year: 633)
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.


Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues



Get Ready...
The 2014 NBA season starts in 23:24 hours
(and 67 days)


  • Fantasy Basketball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact