Trade Scenarios and Possible FA Signings - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Trade Scenarios and Possible FA Signings

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Trade Scenarios and Possible FA Signings

Postby silentjim » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:29 pm

With the draft quickly approaching there are a ton of trade rumors swirling. Not sure I see Blake Griffin getting moved to the Lakers, but either way it's interesting. So far it seems like KG, DeAndre Jordan, Paul Pierce, Blake, Granger, Eric Gordon, Pau Gasol, and a handful of other guys are being tossed out there. Not to mention guys like Howard, Paul, Josh Smith, Mayo, Iggy, Kevin Martin, Ellis, Teague, David West, Jennings, Andrew Bynum, Manu, Al Jefferson, Millsap, to name a few are UFA or RFA who could possibly be signed and traded, etc.

Here are my thoughts on certain players:

KG - Traded to the Clippers or Jordan. Seems like they keep trying to force this to happen so why not.
Pierce - Stays with Celics, possibly traded at the deadline.
Granger - Stays put. Injury concerns scare most away from a huge contract.
Eric Gordon - Traded to Portland (?)
Pau Gasol - I still think Gasol in Minnesota makes a ton of sense. They'd probably have to involve a third team, but I'm not worrying about the details.
Dwight Howard - I really have no clue. Staying in LA probably makes the most sense.
CP3 - Stays with Clippers
Josh Smith - I think he goes to Dallas

Too many to go through. :-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Trade Scenarios and Possible FA Signings

Postby bujfan2030 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:08 pm

Well Jrue to the Hornets was certainly surprising. And as someone who owned Bynum this season :-P It looks like Philly's not going to try and resign Bynum.
Not sure how much this trade actually helps brooklyn. Pierce's percentages have declined the last 2 seasons and have been particularly bad in the playoffs(fatigue?) AT age 36 25 minutes a game might still be too much by the end of the season.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby silentjim » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:06 pm

Yeah Jrue to New Orleans just seemed to come out of nowhere. I'm confused there a bit.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bujfan2030 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:25 am

Kirilenko became a free agent today. He made 10 million last year and is looking for a 3 or 4 year deal. Wish the bulls could afford him. There's still a chance Minny re-signs him. Even if he's a little pricey, think he'd be a nice addition just about anywhere.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby silentjim » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Houston has to be kicking themselves a bit with the Lin and Asik signings no? Even if Dwight does go to Houston, seems like they'll be salary dumping at best and not get near the return they were thinking. Asik would actually be a good back up to Dwight IMO, but not at the money Houston signed him for.
silentjim

Postby bujfan2030 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Couldn't one or both be a part of any sign and trade?
Per Shamsports
Total = $42,318,547 = $16,181,453 in cap room.

It's not enough for a maximum contract for neither Dwight nor Chris Paul. It is close enough, however, to put them in play. And there's plenty of options here. If you were the Lakers, and Dwight wanted to walk to the Rockets (which may happen), why WOULDN'T you take back Thomas Robinson and Omer Asik in a sign-and-trade? And if you were the Rockets, why WOULDN'T you do that deal when doing so would offer up an extra $12 million to throw at someone else? Or do it the other way around - fill up the cap space with straight free agent signings, then sign and trade for the other guy. There are options here, many options, and the ultimate tinker Daryl Morey will know that. Houston's not got the Detroit-level swathes of cap room the prevailing story would have you believe, but they have enough, and they have the means to make things happen. So they're big players in the market.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:54 pm

Regarding the new look Nets. Does anyone in their new starting line-up outside of Deron Williams actually increase in fantasy value or does everyone collectively take a hit?

I think JJ and PP are both losing shots, point, and assists to each other. I am curious to see how Garnett and Lopez work together. Any thoughts?
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 153)

Postby silentjim » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:35 pm

Phil O'Pastry wrote:Regarding the new look Nets. Does anyone in their new starting line-up outside of Deron Williams actually increase in fantasy value or does everyone collectively take a hit?

I think JJ and PP are both losing shots, point, and assists to each other. I am curious to see how Garnett and Lopez work together. Any thoughts?

Good question. I think if healthy they all take a collective hit (Deron Williams included). However, staying healthy and not getting rested or limiting minutes for guys could force some guys to step up on occasion. I'd have to really think about it, but I think I'm going to avoid all of them knowing they'll probably get drafted a bit higher than I'm comfortable with. I guess I could see myself going after KG for the right team at the right value only because so much of his value isn't tied to point and Lopez can't rebound to save his life (see Reggie Evans).
silentjim

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:54 pm

I doubt I'm drafting any of them. They'rw all on my "over-drafted based on brand name" list, and my concerns there just got worse, not better. That's not to say they'll all be terrible, 'cause they won't, but I think they'll mostly be drafted a lot higher than I'm comfortable with.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby bujfan2030 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:25 am

Kind of lost amidst the Dwight Hoopla, was the Warriors signing Iguodala and getting the Jazz to take on Biedrins and Jefferson's expirings. Nice moves from their front office. BTW how crazy is it that iggy and tyreke make about the same amount of money now. If it was that close, maybe the Pelicans should have made more of a push on Iguodala.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=iguodan01&y1=2013&p2=evansty01&y2=2013#advanced::none Their offensive #'s are closer than i expected, but shouldnt iggy's defense be worth more?
Also I'm not convinced the Rockets need to go after Josh Smith. Am i alone in this?
For argument's sake, here's a comparison of Parsons and Smith http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=smithjo03&y1=2013&p2=parsoch01&y2=2013#advanced::none
Is the difference in those #'s enough to warrant taking on Smith's max contract? I mean that PER is only slightly above average on a much higher usage #. Parsons makes 2 million over the next two years.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers