Roster Dilemma..who should I drop for the playoffs? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Roster Dilemma..who should I drop for the playoffs?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Roster Dilemma..who should I drop for the playoffs?

Postby kuro » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:33 pm

Playoffs start tomorrow. I just clinched with a win this week. Unfortunately, I had to drop Irving so I'm hurting in assists. My dilemma is that I was able to snag Kirilenko off waivers this week and he's back in action. I have 2 Wolves on my roster (Derrick Williams as well) and I know they have a great playoff schedule. Should I keep them both or should I drop one for a PG thats available in my league (Andre Miller/Shaun Livingston are who I have my eye on)

I would really like Miller this week as he would fill in nicely on the days I don't have a full squad going. My question is should I drop one of the Wolves or anyone else on my roster. The only option I'm thinking is T Harris but he is getting major mins right now. Also, Koufos would be an option however the Nuggets have a great schedule this week, plus my bigs are kinda iffy now with Chandler hurt and Sanders not guaranteed to finish a game with his ejections. Any advice would be much appreciated.
PG: Dragic, Vasquez
SG: George, Klay Thompson,
SF: T Harris, D Williams, Kirilenko
PF/C: Chandler, Boozer, Milsap, Sanders, Koufos

12 team 9 cat H2H standard league.
kuro
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Roster Dilemma..who should I drop for the playoffs?

Postby silentjim » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Tough call. I like Miller and Livingston down the stretch, but dropping Williams or AK seems iffy. How have you been doing cat-wise in the regular season. The playoffs are the time to focus on 6-7 cats not all 9.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 564)

Postby kuro » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:55 pm

I normally lose in FG/FT% and TO. But I've been dominate in Rebs, Blks and Assists. Pts and Steals could go either way. But with Kyrie out, I know Assists will be tough. So I've even contemplated punting assists and keep the roster that I have, but I also have an abundance of forwards now who pretty much do the same give or take 1 or 2 cats (Milsap, T Harris, D Williams, AK-47)

kuro
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby silentjim » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:10 pm

What does your match-up look like? What does their roster look like? Big on assists or weak?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kuro » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:38 pm

My opponent roster looks like this"

G- Nash, Jennings, Kidd, I Thomas, Lin
F- Durant, Joe Johnson, Ginobilli, T Allen
C- Nene, Monroe, Brand

Obviously, he has more star power than I do. But I have more bigs. Also, he can only start 6 per night and I have more flexibility with a light Tues and Thurs schedule (which is why I'm hesitant on dropping D Will/AK and would like to add a Nuggets player-Miller preferably to the mix) I just don't want to get drastic and use the schedule strategy and drop the wrong guy.

kuro
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby silentjim » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:58 pm

kuro wrote:My opponent roster looks like this"

G- Nash, Jennings, Kidd, I Thomas, Lin
F- Durant, Joe Johnson, Ginobilli, T Allen
C- Nene, Monroe, Brand

Obviously, he has more star power than I do. But I have more bigs. Also, he can only start 6 per night and I have more flexibility with a light Tues and Thurs schedule (which is why I'm hesitant on dropping D Will/AK and would like to add a Nuggets player-Miller preferably to the mix) I just don't want to get drastic and use the schedule strategy and drop the wrong guy.

Tough call. Even with less roster flexibility, I think he probably beats you in assists. Your bigs look much better than his though.
silentjim

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions