Favors or B. Lopez - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe


Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Favors or B. Lopez

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Favors or B. Lopez

Postby Odin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:39 am

Hey guys,

in a standard 9 cats - 10 teams - H2H - keeper league, we protect 6 players.

My starting 5 is

D Rose
N Batum
K Durant
D Nowitzky
M Gasol

As for my last spot, who would be a better fit between Favors & B Lopez in your mind ?
Keeper league - 10 team H2H

Cats : FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

PG Rose
SG Batum
G Teague
SF Durant
PF Millsap
F Favors
C Gasol
C Bosh
Uti Mayo
Uti Gortat

Bn McGee
Bn Bynum
Bn J. Johnson
Bn IT2
Bn A. Johnson
Odin
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit


Posts: 88
(Past Year: 44)
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Favors or B. Lopez

Postby Odin » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:43 am

Anyone with an advice regarding who's better fantasy wise between Favors & Lopez ?!?!?!?!?
Keeper league - 10 team H2H

Cats : FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

PG Rose
SG Batum
G Teague
SF Durant
PF Millsap
F Favors
C Gasol
C Bosh
Uti Mayo
Uti Gortat

Bn McGee
Bn Bynum
Bn J. Johnson
Bn IT2
Bn A. Johnson
Odin
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit


Posts: 88
(Past Year: 44)
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Favors or B. Lopez

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:27 am

This year it's Lopez, hands down IMO. Long term Favors has the upside, but it's a roll of the dice. I'd probably keep Lopez and look to draft Favors back if you're high on him. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6300
(Past Year: 410)
Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Favors or B. Lopez

Postby Odin » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:10 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:This year it's Lopez, hands down IMO. Long term Favors has the upside, but it's a roll of the dice. I'd probably keep Lopez and look to draft Favors back if you're high on him. ;-D


Thanks for your input.

At the moment Favors would be my last keeper but the owner of B. Lopez has expressed is interest of swapping the two guys.

I've been high on Favors for a couple of season now so that maybe why I didn't pull the trigger yet ... Lopez foot should be healed at the beginning of the season but with Brooklyn power loaded your confident he's gonna sustain last year stats ?
Keeper league - 10 team H2H

Cats : FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

PG Rose
SG Batum
G Teague
SF Durant
PF Millsap
F Favors
C Gasol
C Bosh
Uti Mayo
Uti Gortat

Bn McGee
Bn Bynum
Bn J. Johnson
Bn IT2
Bn A. Johnson
Odin
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit


Posts: 88
(Past Year: 44)
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Favors or B. Lopez

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:45 am

Wait, you already have Favors? I'd keep him over Lopez. I expect Favors to be quite an impactful fantasy player, even starting this year. Meanwhile, bigs who have lower half extremity issues scare me. Lopez is more valuable today, but I don't expect that trend to continue for too long.
Image
RedHopeful
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18230
(Past Year: 703)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: http://twitter.com/Redhopeful

Re: Favors or B. Lopez

Postby Odin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:02 am

RedHopeful wrote:Wait, you already have Favors? I'd keep him over Lopez. I expect Favors to be quite an impactful fantasy player, even starting this year. Meanwhile, bigs who have lower half extremity issues scare me. Lopez is more valuable today, but I don't expect that trend to continue for too long.


I do own Favors and looking to possibly move him for Lopez.

Lopez is 25 yo while Favors is 22 yo so both are still very young and valuable but Lopez is way more establish.

For Favors sky is the limit and his value good increase rapidly ...

If KG can teach Lopez to play the game like he play, I see Lopez averaging 20 & 10 ...

I'm still puzzled on this one but thanks for your input Red
Keeper league - 10 team H2H

Cats : FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

PG Rose
SG Batum
G Teague
SF Durant
PF Millsap
F Favors
C Gasol
C Bosh
Uti Mayo
Uti Gortat

Bn McGee
Bn Bynum
Bn J. Johnson
Bn IT2
Bn A. Johnson
Odin
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit


Posts: 88
(Past Year: 44)
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Favors or B. Lopez

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:09 am

Odin wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Wait, you already have Favors? I'd keep him over Lopez. I expect Favors to be quite an impactful fantasy player, even starting this year. Meanwhile, bigs who have lower half extremity issues scare me. Lopez is more valuable today, but I don't expect that trend to continue for too long.


I do own Favors and looking to possibly move him for Lopez.

Lopez is 25 yo while Favors is 22 yo so both are still very young and valuable but Lopez is way more establish.

For Favors sky is the limit and his value good increase rapidly ...

If KG can teach Lopez to play the game like he play, I see Lopez averaging 20 & 10 ...

I'm still puzzled on this one but thanks for your input Red

Hehe, no problem. Just don't count on KG teaching Lopez anything. I watched his brother play in almost every game last year and it's not a desire thing with the twins. It's simply they just don't possess the quick-twitch muscles needed to grab more rebounds. Also, not sure I'd be assuming 20 points from him, at least this season. That's one deep team plus Jason Kidd could change the strategy.
Image
RedHopeful
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18230
(Past Year: 703)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: http://twitter.com/Redhopeful

Re: Favors or B. Lopez

Postby The Thrill » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:26 pm

Late reply. :-/

Since you've got Durant (arguably the best player in fantasy) as well as Gasol at C (meaning you already have 1 C position covered), I think you can take a flier on Favors and keep him. If you trade him and he reaches his potential, you'll be kicking yourself. Looking at your other keepers, I think you can afford a little risk.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9989
(Past Year: 268)
Joined: 19 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: At the line

Re: Favors or B. Lopez

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:15 pm

I like Favors over Lopez. Favors will be given the keys on a thin front court along with Kanter.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
Posts: 291
(Past Year: 156)
Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Favors or B. Lopez

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:03 am

Phil O'Pastry wrote:I like Favors over Lopez. Favors will be given the keys on a thin front court along with Kanter.

That doesn't mean he'll be better than Lopez though. I think some guys are over-valuing the potential of Favors relative to the established production of Lopez, at least for this year anyway.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6300
(Past Year: 410)
Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DeataHettal, JohnesRore and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues




  • Fantasy Basketball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact