The League Rules - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Bonanza Keeper

The League Rules

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful

The League Rules

Postby MeShawn » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:49 pm

Keepers
Five (5) keepers per team. You may not keep more, or less than exactly 5 players each year. There are no limitations on which position the keepers must be at. Five keepers of any kind.

The due date to announce keepers will be August 13th.

The Draft
For the inagural year of the Bonanza Keeper League, we will have a standard draft. Starting at the second year (2005-06), we will have a slow draft here on this forum. Here are the guidelines for the slow draft:

-24 hours per pick
-It will start August 16th every year

The draft will be the reverse order of last years standings, with a slight twist. The league champ (by the playoff system) will automatically get the last pick and the runner-up (loser of the finals) will automatically get the 2nd to last pick, regardless of the standings.

Trading
During the season, all trading will be held on yahoo.

During the offseason, all trading will be held on this forum. You must post a thread, with the names of the two teams involved in the topic title. Then in the post, please make it clear who is giving up what. For an offseason trade, each team must be giving up an equal amount of players + draft picks as they are recieving in return. They must maintain the roster limit (15), no going over or under.

Vetoing
During the offseason, all vetoing will be done by the league members. In the topic of the specific trade, either post "pass" or "veto". 4 veto's will have the trade vetoed, and 4 pass's will have the trade processed immediately. If neither, the trade will be automatically processed in exactly a week.

Starting in the 2005-06 season (during the season, the responsibility of vetoing will rest on the commisioner. I will not veto often (if at all), but it is also my duty to preserve the integrity of the league. So extremely unfair trades will be vetoed. And of course, if collusion is obvious, then there will also be a veto.

The reason I do not have the members vetoing during the season, is becuase in yahoo's system, people can veto annomously. If people are forced to stand up to their veto, then people will not veto, just for the sake of vetoing, or becuase one is jealous.

The 2004 yahoo settings:

League Name: Midwest Ballers
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 3, 2005
Waiver Time: 1 day
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 7
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL
Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

Some of these settings are due to change for next season, such as the League Name and the Trade Review. Also, if you would like to propose to change a setting, please start a thread in the forum, and we will have a vote among the league members.

Our Main Goal

Above all, our goal as a league is to be the most exciting, fun, and active league out there. This means, that we have to always maintain active members. At the end of the season, I will assess members' activity, and we'll go from there. We always want to keep everyone active.

These settings are subject to change. The actual rules will be decided by the commisioner, but if the yahoo settings (like catagories, positions, etc.) are to be changed, we will have a vote among the league members.
Last edited by MeShawn on Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
MeShawn
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:47 pm

Should off-season trade offers be sent through PMs?

Also, how many teams make the playoffs?
MMoNeY24
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flockers » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:59 pm

Are you going to choose an Offline Draft option for this league once gets started and just submit the rosters?

It seems like the best idea.
Flockers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:03 pm

Flockers wrote:Are you going to choose an Offline Draft option for this league once gets started and just submit the rosters?

It seems like the best idea.

Yeah, that's the only option you can do if we're doing a slow draft, which I agree is the best option.
MMoNeY24
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MeShawn » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:35 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:Should off-season trade offers be sent through PMs?

Also, how many teams make the playoffs?

6 teams make the playoffs, top two have a 1st round bye (standard yahoo H2H

And, yes, I will submit the rosters via offline draft on yahoo.
MeShawn
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:33 am

any idea what week the playoffs start?
deluxe_247
Chief Pixel Pusher
Chief Pixel Pusher

Postby MeShawn » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:57 am

deluxe_247 wrote:any idea what week the playoffs start?

Playoffs are weeks 22-24
MeShawn
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:39 am

so if i understand this right individual stats (ie, rebounding, blocks...etc) dont mean anything overall....just total wins losses and ties during weekly matchups?
just curious because if im in a position to win every category,or have no chance in catching up in others, but am close on turnovers, it would be wise to bench players on the final day to insure that i get that win.....if that made any sense
deluxe_247
Chief Pixel Pusher
Chief Pixel Pusher

Postby MeShawn » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:44 am

deluxe_247 wrote:so if i understand this right individual stats (ie, rebounding, blocks...etc) dont mean anything overall....just total wins losses and ties during weekly matchups?
just curious because if im in a position to win every category,or have no chance in catching up in others, but am close on turnovers, it would be wise to bench players on the final day to insure that i get that win.....if that made any sense

Yea, this is H2H, not roto. In H2H, there are multiple strategies, but all in all, you just want to have as many wins at the end of the season as possible (obviously). Playoff teams are decided purely based on record.

So the only thing that matters is your weekly H2H matchup. You want to win as many catagories as possible in a given week, without forfeiting too many. After the week is over, the only thing that matters is the amount of wins, losses, and ties you got that week. No stats are carried over, as opposed to a roto league.

Hope this clears everything up
MeShawn
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:58 am

yeah thanks..you answered my question perfectly ;-D :-)
deluxe_247
Chief Pixel Pusher
Chief Pixel Pusher

Next

Return to Bonanza Keeper