XBOX360, Playstation 3, Nitendo Wii - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Video Games

XBOX360, Playstation 3, Nitendo Wii

XBOX360, Playstation 3, Nitendo Wii

Postby Netsfan5 » Fri May 26, 2006 5:10 am

Ok guys, let me give you the lowdown of this new generation of hardware.

The 360
Microsoft felt that they needed to get a year head start to beat Sony this generation, and it may work. The desing is sleek, and with a core package at $300, and a premium (hardrive main add on here) for $400, you get good bang for your buck. The Xbox lost the old war due to it's late launch. The great games are rolling it, with Olbivion, GRAW (Ghost Recon), and Table Tennis (Trust me), as well as the knowledge of being the only great system with this's years Madden until November. Xbox Live is at it's best with the Marketplace which allows you to download demos and trailers for free. You get gamer points for playing games and buy gamer pictures to customize your XBOX. With future game Gears of War coming out as the system's killer app, as well as Halo 3, Microsoft is on the right path.

Edit: Expcet a price drop of $50 this holdiay to compete with the Wii and PS3 (like it needs to)

By Netsforce at realgm
Netsfan5
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Netsfan5 » Fri May 26, 2006 5:20 am

The PS3
I own a PS2, great system, great games, great quality. The PS3, will be the most powerful system (although I believe it and the 360 will be equal in graphics power at the end of this generation.) The use of Blu-Ray as the storage of the games and such makes this system, IMHO, the flaw here. Although the pretty graphics, and the great games make this appealing, how much are you willing to dish out. Bluray movies will cost 40, games might be 80 (20 over 360), and the console. $500 for a 20GB har drive, and $600 for a 60GB. Since I live in two homes, I was gonna get the PS3 for my second home. But now, HELL NO...even if I have the money it's not worth it...which brings me to Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

By Netsforce at realgm
Netsfan5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Netsfan5 » Fri May 26, 2006 5:27 am

Wiii
The most innovative, and market appealing system this generation. The system is small and sleek, and comes in under $250...but rumored to be at 200. The innovation, the controller. The controller is remote looking and his all wireless and bluetooth, and depth perception on it. The remote can swing like a bat, lunge foward like a sword, make motions like a fishing rod. But that's not all, it fits into "shells" like a light gun, or an old NES controller. But why would you need that you may ask? But to download the entire back catalog of Nitendo games for a price. Imagine playing the old Goldeneye with the shell controller, and then playing the new James Bond with the innovative controller that you can aim on screen with. The wiii is my second system, and maybe it doesn't have as many bells or whistles to impress greaphically, but the innovation, Zelda, and still good graphics (not GREAT though), the Wiii is gonna be a hit.

By Netsforce at realgm
Netsfan5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Netsfan5 » Fri May 26, 2006 5:31 am

360: A, great games, Halo3, and a future pricepoint.
Wiii: B, 3rd party games might be an issue, but innovation is key here.
PS3: C-, May have great games (80% will also be on 360), but price point is too much. (You can get a Wiii and 7 games or a 360 and Wiii instead of just a 360.)

Thoughts?
By Netsforce at realgm
Netsfan5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Netsfan5 » Fri May 26, 2006 5:34 am

Or you can get a sick 2,000 dollar computuer, get most of the great games, and never worry about anything for another ten years. :-b
By Netsforce at realgm
Netsfan5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rizzo » Fri May 26, 2006 7:22 am

Personally, I have owned an XBOX for about 4 years now and can only see myself buying an XBOX 360. I also have a Gamecube, but the only game I would buy for it is the new Zeldas. I know that PS2/PS3 have all the crazy 1 player games like Metal Gear, but since I'm not exactly into those games, as well as my bank account nowhere near 4 digits, the PS3 just wouldn't be a good system for me.

Oh ya, I'm a dominant force in Halo and would need to be able to keep up my reputation in that.
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Turmoil » Fri May 26, 2006 5:19 pm

Since Playstations arival it has and will continue to dominate
Turmoil
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Netsfan5 » Fri May 26, 2006 5:41 pm

Turmoil wrote:Since Playstations arival it has and will continue to dominate

How can you believe that when it is priced at $600, games may be more than the $60 XBOX ones, and the disk provider they use (Blu-ray) may lose out to HDVD?
By Netsforce at realgm
Netsfan5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rizzo » Fri May 26, 2006 6:23 pm

For me, I basically only play sports games along with Halo and Zelda, so I think XBOX is the clear choice for me over PS. Sports games look better and play faster on the XBOX, so it will always be my choice.
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby PinotResa » Fri May 26, 2006 6:28 pm

If the playstation system is the last one I"ll have to buy for 7 or so years, I think it's worth it.

[url=http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dantlad01.html]A true scorer[/url]
PinotResa
General Manager
General Manager

Location: Wondering why Paul Allen doesn't know how to make money in basketball

Next

Return to Video Games