Discussion - Rules & Settings - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

Discussion - Rules & Settings

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Postby bokzg » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:49 pm

I like the idea of having the top tiered league draft teams in both formats, but I'll also have to side with drafting different teams for each as well. I think trying to come up with a team that will do reasonably well in both formats will just water down the competition as a whole, while keeping them separate will truly portray a manager's skill in each of the respective formats.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Netsfan5 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:59 pm

Another, long alternative.

Year 1, all H2H
Year 2, no upper league, all Roto
Year 3, Top 6 from H2H league, and top 6 from roto league form champion league, coin flip decides format here (maybe even go points ;-) ).
By Netsforce at realgm
Netsfan5
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ultramagnetic » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:13 pm

Netsfan5 wrote:(maybe even go points ;-) ).

I actually am a huge fan of points leagues...
ultramagnetic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby statsman88 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:17 pm

Netsfan5 wrote:Another, long alternative.

Year 1, all H2H
Year 3, Top 6 from H2H league, and top 6 from roto league form champion league, coin flip decides format here (maybe even go points ;-) ).

that would be fair and work, but i think it would take too long and we'd lose interest, maybe its just me though
statsman88
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Writer
Location: Counting down the days till Barkely gets fired via Imus

Postby bokzg » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:21 pm

Netsfan5 wrote:Another, long alternative.

Year 1, all H2H

That would take too long. I think we have to establish a top tier after the first year or people will lose interest.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby so0perspam » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:25 pm

Agree with above, we don't want to lose members.

Proud Member and Fan #2 of the [url=http://www.fantasybasketballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9639]Brevin Knight Fan Club[/url]
so0perspam
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dynasty Deacon » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:34 am

Sorry to say, but I hate the idea of the top teams having 2 leagues because most people here are in quite a few leagues already. Having 2 teams for this contest will really deter people who have other commitments. For those of you with only a team or two, this may sound like a great idea, but I already have commitments made to 4 other leagues. I honestly don't think I will possibly be able to do this if I have to be in 2 leagues for this contest.
Amazing sig by blamer
Dynasty Deacon
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby so0perspam » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:36 am

Dynasty Deacon wrote:Sorry to say, but I hate the idea of the top teams having 2 leagues because most people here are in quite a few leagues already. Having 2 teams for this contest will really deter people who have other commitments. For those of you with only a team or two, this may sound like a great idea, but I already have commitments made to 4 other leagues. I honestly don't think I will possibly be able to do this if I have to be in 2 leagues for this contest.

Well this isn't any other league DD. We're making this league to be different and much more challenging, moreso than others. So it will have to take more from a manager and a test of your abilities to be crowned the champion. The path isn't supposed to be easy. Two leagues with two different formats is a true test of ability.

Proud Member and Fan #2 of the [url=http://www.fantasybasketballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9639]Brevin Knight Fan Club[/url]
so0perspam
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dynasty Deacon » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:40 am

so0perspam wrote:
Dynasty Deacon wrote:Sorry to say, but I hate the idea of the top teams having 2 leagues because most people here are in quite a few leagues already. Having 2 teams for this contest will really deter people who have other commitments. For those of you with only a team or two, this may sound like a great idea, but I already have commitments made to 4 other leagues. I honestly don't think I will possibly be able to do this if I have to be in 2 leagues for this contest.

Well this isn't any other league DD. We're making this league to be different and much more challenging, moreso than others. So it will have to take more from a manager and a test of your abilities to be crowned the champion. The path isn't supposed to be easy. Two leagues with two different formats is a true test of ability.

I am not saying that it isn't, but you are making this difficult to join for longtime fantasy basketballers who are currently involved in many other leagues. Hey man sorry if I spoke up, I forgot this was your league and you make all the decisions.
Amazing sig by blamer
Dynasty Deacon
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby so0perspam » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:55 am

Dynasty Deacon wrote:I am not saying that it isn't, but you are making this difficult to join for longtime fantasy basketballers who are currently involved in many other leagues. Hey man sorry if I spoke up, I forgot this was your league and you make all the decisions.

We're discussing leaving that decision open to the champion league managers by vote in a year when the decision applies. :-)

so0perspam
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon