Discussion - Rules & Settings - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

Discussion - Rules & Settings

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Postby Dynasty Deacon » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:10 am

so0perspam wrote:
Dynasty Deacon wrote:I am not saying that it isn't, but you are making this difficult to join for longtime fantasy basketballers who are currently involved in many other leagues. Hey man sorry if I spoke up, I forgot this was your league and you make all the decisions.

We're discussing leaving that decision open to the champion league managers by vote in a year when the decision applies. :-)

Sorry I jumped at you man, but your post made me feel as if Iwas a newbie who was just making his first post about the FBC Octagon. Also you saying, "We're making this league to be different and much more challenging." made me feel like you were kicking me out of the loop. It is cool that some people are taking charge here, but remember that 7 people saying something is a good idea in a 12 team league is different than 7 people saying something is a good idea in a 36 team league.
Amazing sig by blamer
Dynasty Deacon
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby so0perspam » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:32 am

Dynasty Deacon wrote:Sorry I jumped at you man, but your post made me feel as if Iwas a newbie who was just making his first post about the FBC Octagon. Also you saying, "We're making this league to be different and much more challenging." made me feel like you were kicking me out of the loop. It is cool that some people are taking charge here, but remember that 7 people saying something is a good idea in a 12 team league is different than 7 people saying something is a good idea in a 36 team league.

It's all good. Me and samo had a pretty length conversation today discussing pretty much every idea presented in the threads and which ones we felt would be best for the league long-term. Hopefully we'll get a hold of Turmoil and have a final meeting tonight to finalize the rules. This discussion only makes the league better though, so keep the ideas coming. And you ain't a newbie. ;-)

Proud Member and Fan #2 of the [url=http://www.fantasybasketballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9639]Brevin Knight Fan Club[/url]
so0perspam
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PatC » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:50 am

Samo proposed - "and no trade deadline"

Is this a good idea?

As we near the end of each season, why allow some team without a snowballs chance in hell of winning the title to trade with a contender. You know some other contender will see said trade as lopsided. I can see hard feeling's between owners somewhere down the road.

Maybe, if we do want to trade to the end, put some sort of restrictions on them, like the top one third only able to trade with each other after a certain date, or only top third can trade with the top or middle third after another date. The bottom third could be restricted to trading with each other or the middle third in the final scramble to climb out of the basement. This could be very important in the Champions league when some team is simply trying to survive to play in the top league the following year.

I don't mind a no trade deadline, but maybe some restrictions should be put in place.

I hope I presented this for discussion in the proper forum.
PatC
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby citybirds27 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:53 am

Yah, we should have a trade deadline, and make veto's 4 not 6
citybirds27
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PatC » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:02 am

Bird, a no deadline wouldn't be such a terrible thing, but if your fighting for a championship in any of the three tiers, or if your number seven in the champions league and trying desperatley to climb one more spot to stay in the champs league, you should be restricted in who you can trade with... I think.

No way the number twelve team should be allowed to trade with the number one or two team though don't you think?
PatC
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby citybirds27 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:51 am

PatC wrote:Bird, a no deadline wouldn't be such a terrible thing, but if your fighting for a championship in any of the three tiers, or if your number seven in the champions league and trying desperatley to climb one more spot to stay in the champs league, you should be restricted in who you can trade with... I think.

No way the number twelve team should be allowed to trade with the number one or two team though don't you think?

Yah, I like your idea
citybirds27
College Captain
College Captain

Postby citybirds27 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:52 am

And I didn't actually read your whole post, just the first sentence, but great idea ;-D
citybirds27
College Captain
College Captain

Postby Rodigee » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:01 am

I vote all ROTO myself.

But regardless of how we do it I say we replinish the upper league on of two ways:

Top 6 from the upper league stay, add the top 3 from each of the lower leagues.

or

If we are looking to provide more diversity, the top 4 in the current upper league stay and the top 4 from each of the lower league's joins them next season.
Rodigee
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Child_of_God_08 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:08 am

Rodigee wrote:I vote all ROTO myself.

But regardless of how we do it I say we replinish the upper league on of two ways:

Top 6 from the upper league stay, add the top 3 from each of the lower leagues.

or

If we are looking to provide more diversity, the top 4 in the current upper league stay and the top 4 from each of the lower league's joins them next season.

I think we are doing the 4-4-4 thing (this is why you should've done what citybirds did and read all the posts. :-b I can understand why you didn't though.)
FBC Battle Record: 1-1
Child_of_God_08
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Rodigee » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:32 am

lol ok. No way I'm reading 4 pages of posts ;p
Rodigee
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter