Discussion - Rules & Settings - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

Discussion - Rules & Settings

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Postby Child_of_God_08 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:35 am

Rodigee wrote:lol ok. No way I'm reading 4 pages of posts ;p

I wouldn't either, I just skimmed through and tried to find important info.
FBC Battle Record: 1-1
Child_of_God_08
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby so0perspam » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:50 am

The rules will be finalized soon, so there won't be a need to. We just need Turmoil's stamp of approval.

Proud Member and Fan #2 of the [url=http://www.fantasybasketballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9639]Brevin Knight Fan Club[/url]
so0perspam
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby statsman88 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:54 am

Child_of_God_08 wrote:
Rodigee wrote:I vote all ROTO myself.

But regardless of how we do it I say we replinish the upper league on of two ways:

Top 6 from the upper league stay, add the top 3 from each of the lower leagues.

or

If we are looking to provide more diversity, the top 4 in the current upper league stay and the top 4 from each of the lower league's joins them next season.

I think we are doing the 4-4-4 thing (this is why you should've done what citybirds did and read all the posts. :-b I can understand why you didn't though.)

I would much rather have it be 6-3-3, the championship league will probably be more competitive and difficult to win (especially if the winners league has 2 teams), so they should have 6 remain, and should reward more guys for getting there and being competitive in the league
statsman88
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Counting down the days till Barkely gets fired via Imus

Postby ultramagnetic » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:13 am

Sorry to dredge this up, but I think it would be better to keep both drafts in the Champions league drafts random. In my experience/opinion, drafting 7th is the "worst," followed by 6th. Whoever got stuck with 7th and 6th would not have his situation evened out; he'd be disadvantaged. (In contrast, the guy who got the 1 and 12 spots in both drafts would be sitting very pretty.)

So, can we have both drafts randomized?

Crimedogg32 wrote:I really like the idea. You could even have 2 drafts and say like inverse order of the other league to even it up
ultramagnetic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby so0perspam » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:18 am

ultramagnetic wrote:Sorry to dredge this up, but I think it would be better to keep both drafts in the Champions league drafts random. In my experience/opinion, drafting 7th is the "worst," followed by 6th. Whoever got stuck with 7th and 6th would not have his situation evened out; he'd be disadvantaged. (In contrast, the guy who got the 1 and 12 spots in both drafts would be sitting very pretty.)

So, can we have both drafts randomized?

Both draft orders will be randomized, if the vote is for 2 leagues in the future.

Proud Member and Fan #2 of the [url=http://www.fantasybasketballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9639]Brevin Knight Fan Club[/url]
so0perspam
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dynasty Deacon » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:24 pm

The top 6 in the top league should stay each year, with the top 3 from each bottom league moving up. If you go equal number from each, then you are pretty much saying that all the leagues are equal, which they aren't. The first year will be top 4 from each league to determine the top league's managers.
Amazing sig by blamer
Dynasty Deacon
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby AmAr3 i$ dA fU7Ur3 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:46 pm

Dynasty Deacon wrote:The top 6 in the top league should stay each year, with the top 3 from each bottom league moving up. If you go equal number from each, then you are pretty much saying that all the leagues are equal, which they aren't. The first year will be top 4 from each league to determine the top league's managers.

agreed with all said here.
[url=http://fantasybasketballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19211/]My Sigs[/url]
AmAr3 i$ dA fU7Ur3
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Thrill » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:46 pm

bokzg wrote:while keeping them separate will truly portray a manager's skill in each of the respective formats.

The more I think about it, that makes sense to me... Thanks for putting it that way. ;-D

FWIW, I like the 6-3-3 idea for the major league once it gets going.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby bokzg » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:14 pm

The Thrill wrote:
The more I think about it, that makes sense to me... Thanks for putting it that way. ;-D

FWIW, I like the 6-3-3 idea for the major league once it gets going.

Np ;-D

And I agree with the 6-3-3 after first year. The way I see it, if I had to pick the best managers from the Octagon, I'd take the 5th and 6th ranked managers from the top-tiered league over anyone in the lower-tiered leagues, except maybe 1st or 2nd. If everything works out the way it's supposed to, the level of skill should be significantly better in the top-tier.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 113)

Postby samo » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:33 pm

If I understand this 6-3-3 discussion correctly, I believe we've drafted the rules to reflect what everybody seems to want, correct me if I'm wrong.

The draft order and scoring system of a Champions League that is gung ho and votes to take on the Octagon (H2H/Roto dual leagues) has been left intentionally vague for two reasons: (i) just too complicated to predict exactly what will work for all members of an upper league should they elect a dual-league system; (ii) guys smart/good enough to get into the upper league should be able to determine what draft-order and scoring-system will work for them for their year running the Champions league. If they can't agree, the Exec Committee will decide for them as fairly as we can.
samo
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon