Discussion - Rules & Settings - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

Discussion - Rules & Settings

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Postby so0perspam » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:52 pm

samo wrote:If I understand this 6-3-3 discussion correctly, I believe we've drafted the rules to reflect what everybody seems to want, correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah .... it's all already in the rules section. :-?

Proud Member and Fan #2 of the [url=http://www.fantasybasketballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9639]Brevin Knight Fan Club[/url]
so0perspam
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LongBallMan23 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:16 am

I know i havent been in the Debate but Im game for anything we do. I will sit back and watch and ready to play.
LongBallMan23
College Captain
College Captain

Postby thelimey » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:23 pm

I quite like the idea of the champions league being being comprised of H2H and Roto. I agree that the drafts should be randonised and one league shouldn't just have the reverse order of the other for the reasons previously mentioned.

As much as I enjoy H2H, luck plays too big a part in the playoffs. If we do include them maybe we should have it so that in the 1st year the teams that finish top 2 in the regular season are guarenteed a spot in the champions league and whilst 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th playoff for the other two spots.

Another (minor) issue is whether we set up our lineups weekly (my preference but only because I've never done daily but amnot averse to it) or daily?
thelimey
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 48)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ultramagnetic » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:30 pm

thelimey wrote:Another (minor) issue is whether we set up our lineups weekly (my preference but only because I've never done daily but amnot averse to it) or daily?

My prefs:
in H2H: Weekly. Prevents roster churn. And micromanagement insanity.
in Roto: Daily. Everyone has the same max # of games, so this makes sense.
ultramagnetic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby AmAr3 i$ dA fU7Ur3 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:47 pm

I never like to do anything except daily.
[url=http://fantasybasketballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19211/]My Sigs[/url]
AmAr3 i$ dA fU7Ur3
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Child_of_God_08 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:08 pm

I don't mind weekly or daily. I would prefer daily though, too many things can happen in a weekly lineup.
FBC Battle Record: 1-1
Child_of_God_08
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby samo » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:37 pm

My understanding (though not explicitly stated in rules) is H2H will be daily line-ups. The churning issue is addressed through season and weekly move limits as set forth in the draft rules (currently 40 and 5, respectively - although those #'s are open to discussion).

I'd encourage everyone to skim over the draft rules at this point and comment if you see any major gaps or something that just won't work. We're still in "accepting member comments" mode until the Rules are made final. Thanks for the good suggestions so far.

thelimey's suggestion that the Top 2 pre-playoffs in H2H be guaranteed a spot in upper league is a good one and I think is already built into things b/c they should get a 1st Round playoff bye-week which means they're automatic Top 4, unless I'm reading it wrong. The MOST interesting H2H playoff I see happening is in Year 2 and beyond, the final week battle for 3rd place and a spot in the upper league should be a bloodbath.
Last edited by samo on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samo
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bokzg » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:42 pm

The main reason I prefer daily lineup changes as opposed to weekly is that roster depth is more highly rewarded.

I've been in weekly leagues where I had a good team with a strong bench. However, because we could only start so many players per week, the advantage of having a deep team was limited greatly. Teams that were only 8 or 9 deep were able to easily compete with teams that were 12 or 13 deep.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 114)

Postby so0perspam » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:04 pm

samo wrote:My understanding (though not explicitly stated in rules) is H2H will be daily line-ups.

thelimey's suggestion that the Top 2 pre-playoffs in H2H be guaranteed a spot in upper league is a good one and I think is already built into things b/c they should get a 1st Round playoff bye-week which means they're automatic Top 4, unless I'm reading it wrong. The MOST interesting H2H playoff I see happening is in Year 2 and beyond, the final week battle for 3rd place and a spot in the upper league should be a bloodbath.

We still need to discuss this idea further samo. I thought we agreed on the fact that for our H2H league playoffs would be more of an exhibition and that we'd take the straight results from regular season play. And both leagues formats should be using daily lineups, in order to compensate for depth like bokzg said.

Proud Member and Fan #2 of the [url=http://www.fantasybasketballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9639]Brevin Knight Fan Club[/url]
so0perspam
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thelimey » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:20 pm

samo wrote:thelimey's suggestion that the Top 2 pre-playoffs in H2H be guaranteed a spot in upper league is a good one and I think is already built into things b/c they should get a 1st Round playoff bye-week which means they're automatic Top 4, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Good point, so effectively there would just be one playoff week with 3 v 6 and 4 v 5, after that it wouldn't really make a difference what happens as all four remaining teams would be promoted. Maybe the rest of the playoffs could be exhibiton with just that first week counting to decide the two other qualifiers.
thelimey
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 48)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon