Pick Value Calculator - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Pick Value Calculator

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:42 am

strotty28 wrote:Would this system work the same for a 14 round football draft?

haha i know it's a random Q but i'd like to know because i am desperately trying to get into the top 3 and want to know if it works the same.

http://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm
FBC Octagon Champion - 2010-2011
Crimedogg32
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby strotty28 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:34 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:
strotty28 wrote:Would this system work the same for a 14 round football draft?

haha i know it's a random Q but i'd like to know because i am desperately trying to get into the top 3 and want to know if it works the same.

http://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm

Thank you!
Thanks PKF for the amazing sig.
strotty28
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby MissingOakley » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:05 am

Maybe I'm just not understand you guys, but I don't see what the real value is of the list. Want to explain it again, nice and slow? :)

Also 3 years seems like a very small sample size for this kind of analysis. No guarantee that, in my league, the #21 pick isn't made wrong, right? (I.e., someone stupidly picks Kyle Korver in the second round.) In which case the #21 pick could be much less valuable than #22. (Clearly with Korver it's obvious, but my larger point is that you can't count on the managers in any league to pick properly.)

Or does the fact that the list actually does go down consistently in numbers negate that point and prove it's robust?
MissingOakley
College Captain
College Captain

Postby mamorris » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:10 am

MissingOakley wrote:Maybe I'm just not understand you guys, but I don't see what the real value is of the list. Want to explain it again, nice and slow? :)

Also 3 years seems like a very small sample size for this kind of analysis. No guarantee that, in my league, the #21 pick isn't made wrong, right? (I.e., someone stupidly picks Kyle Korver in the second round.) In which case the #21 pick could be much less valuable than #22. (Clearly with Korver it's obvious, but my larger point is that you can't count on the managers in any league to pick properly.)

Or does the fact that the list actually does go down consistently in numbers negate that point and prove it's robust?

The list doesn't have much value unless you play in a league with the same categories and the same number of players. To be honest I think if you're trying to trade picks you should just predict what players you would get at each pick and then assess it like a normal in-season trade.
mamorris
College Captain
College Captain

Previous

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers