2013-2014 Wait-List Information - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2013-2014 Wait-List Information

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Postby samo » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:11 am

bokzg wrote:When it comes to selecting managers, I'm tempted to say that it's almost more important to find managers who are dedicated and will play their seasons out to the end than ones who appear to have a lot of FBB knowledge. I just can't stand people who just go inactive, I'd rather have less knowledgeable guys who will put forth their best efforts throughout an entire season.

Completely agree. Thats why we were trying to take guys off the wait-list before this season based on their activity level at the Cafe, as a general indicator of how likely they were to play the season through and not just bail. Can be hit or miss though, even with Cafe regulars.

Nominations of reasonably knowledgable, non-quitting new managers will be favorably received. ;-D
samo
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby tianyi86 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:51 am

samo wrote:
bokzg wrote:When it comes to selecting managers, I'm tempted to say that it's almost more important to find managers who are dedicated and will play their seasons out to the end than ones who appear to have a lot of FBB knowledge. I just can't stand people who just go inactive, I'd rather have less knowledgeable guys who will put forth their best efforts throughout an entire season.

Completely agree. Thats why we were trying to take guys off the wait-list before this season based on their activity level at the Cafe, as a general indicator of how likely they were to play the season through and not just bail. Can be hit or miss though, even with Cafe regulars.

Nominations of reasonably knowledgable, non-quitting new managers will be favorably received. ;-D

On that note, I just want to say I have played in 2 cafe leagues so far, once this year (Legends Keeper) and once last year, in a midseason redraft league. In both leagues, I played till the very end and hopefully, I will get the nod and be able to join one of the leagues in the Octagon.
tianyi86
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby samo » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:33 am

tianyi86 wrote:
samo wrote:Nominations of reasonably knowledgable, non-quitting new managers will be favorably received. ;-D

On that note, I just want to say I have played in 2 cafe leagues so far, once this year (Legends Keeper) and once last year, in a midseason redraft league. In both leagues, I played till the very end and hopefully, I will get the nod and be able to join one of the leagues in the Octagon.

I think its quite likely. Each of the 1st Division leagues will need new managers, but the Commissioners have yet to be determined since mbuser and Rounders Block haven't indicated one way or the other whether they want that role next season.

Once the commissioner of each of those leagues is confirmed they'll start filling the open spots. ;-D
samo
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Yilun » Thu May 03, 2007 7:55 am

sign me up :-b
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Postby RobitusinZ » Sat May 19, 2007 1:09 am

Hi folks, I've been a little out of it since the fantasy season ended and I've been on vacation and what-not. I was wondering if there was any update to the waiting list situation.

Regardless, I'd be fully committed to this league in 07-08 if chosen to participate, even if I'm not here 100% in the off-season. I can best be reached at mailto:robitusinz@yahoo.com if there's any immediate need to contact me. Otherwise, just PM me. :D
RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: 2007-08 Season Wait-List Information

Postby RobitusinZ » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:35 pm

LOL, my last post seems to have gotten overlooked, so I'd like to query the status of the wait-list situation. I noticed on the "check-in" threads that there are 2 open spots for H2H and several for Roto. I'm willing to take a spot on either league, though my preference is H2H.
thanks for the sig, soty!

"It takes more than mathematical strategies to beat me." - Shaquille "The Big Aristotle" O'Neal
RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby nebgib5 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:28 pm

RobitusinZ wrote:LOL, my last post seems to have gotten overlooked, so I'd like to query the status of the wait-list situation. I noticed on the "check-in" threads that there are 2 open spots for H2H and several for Roto. I'm willing to take a spot on either league, though my preference is H2H.

+1. would like to take a spot in the h2h league assuming there is space available when i come up.
nebgib5
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby jphanned » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:22 pm

The wait-list now stands at:
tianyi86 (preference not specified)
MDgoBlue (preference: H2H)
nebgib5 (no preference)
RobitusinZ (preference: H2H)
Yilun (preference not specified)
sorgi2evans (no preference)

I'm going to go ahead and add negbib5 to the roto league, RobitusinZ to the H2H league, and Yilun to the roto league. If you 3 are okay with that, reply to this thread confirming your interest in participating in the league I have assigned you to. Thanks. ;D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 402)

Postby RobitusinZ » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:53 pm

WOOHOO! Count me in with an excited "HELL YEAH!".

Oh, and yes, I confirm I want to be in the H2H league.
thanks for the sig, soty!

"It takes more than mathematical strategies to beat me." - Shaquille "The Big Aristotle" O'Neal
RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jphanned » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:58 pm

RobitusinZ wrote:WOOHOO! Count me in with an excited "HELL YEAH!".

Oh, and yes, I confirm I want to be in the H2H league.

It seems everybody in the H2H league prefers a messageboard draft, so are you down with that?
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 402)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon