2013-2014 Wait-List Information - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2013-2014 Wait-List Information

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2007-08 Season Wait-List Information

Postby saldogg » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:15 pm

hey, i was on this wait list last season, would love a chance in any of the 3 leagues if there's a spot... please keep me in mind ;-D

saldogg
saldogg
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jphanned » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:27 am

Tentatively I am thinking of putting MDgoBlue in the H2H league and saldogg in the roto league but I need to see more activity from the both of you. MDgoBlue has been active in the past at the Cafe but hasn't been here for more than week, while saldogg has just started posting again the past 2 days. I'd like to wait a little bit longer until making it final. ;-D

sorgi2evans hasn't been here for over 3 months.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 402)

Postby saldogg » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:46 pm

im honored to be considered! yeah the reason i haven't been active is because i wasn't in any cafe leagues, but i'm working on that ;-D i'll get down to some posting, and hopefully i can lock up one of those open spots... thanks again!!
saldogg
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 4)

Re: 2010-2011 Wait-List Information

Postby samo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:32 pm

I don't believe I have the time/energy to compete in the highest level of the Octagon in a manner that would be respectful to the managers who fought their way into the 2010-2011 Octagon Champions League. I do love this league and what we've collectively created here so if Justin and a consensus of other managers would allow me to (i) move into one of the First Division leagues (preferably roto) and (ii) invite one of my best grade-school/high-school friends who is even more obsessed with the NBA than me (who I introduced to fantasy hoops roto last season) to join me in that First Div league ... I'd love to play out my (likely) last season of fantasy hoops with my "real-life" buddy and some of my most challenging longest-term fantasy-hoops competitors (geodbear, Rounders, the one, etc. - seriously, that's a murderer's row of roto players :-o ).

If the consensus is "no special treatment for samo" then I'll tip the 'ole cap, move into the proverbial rocking-chair and retire after a reasonably good run. ;-D

Ugly truth be told, samo was born within 24 hours of Favre and the punishment we endure to prepare/compete at the highest level of our respective sports ... I don't know how either of us has hung on this long. !+)

Viva la Octagon! :-D
samo
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jphanned » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Absolutely samo. I would be remiss if I didn't thank you again for all the things you have done and continue to do for this league. Just get your buddy signed up at the Cafe and we'll get the both of you set up. Glad to see you back for another year bud. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 402)

Postby bokzg » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:54 pm

Rounders Block wrote:Absolutely samo. I would be remiss if I didn't thank you again for all the things you have done and continue to do for this league. Just get your buddy signed up at the Cafe and we'll get the both of you set up. Glad to see you back for another year bud. ;-D

For what it's worth, I totally agree with RB ;-D
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 113)

Postby samo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:15 am

Thanks guys. :-)

If any of the OG guys want a blast of big-time nostalgia or if the "newer" managers want a flavor of what we went through to get this league going, go check out the "Discussion - Rules & Settings" thread in this forum. It was EPIC and the league has lived up to its billing, attracting most of the top Cafe talent over the years. I'll admit to a bit of fantasy hoops Octagon snobbery ... whenever some new blogger (Buser excepted) or "pay me for my voluminous fantasy hoops insight" type comes along posting at the Cafe my first (and generally last) thought is pretty much: "Let's see if you can even get out of the Octagon First Division before we go annointing you all that girlfriend!" In fact, that should pretty much be the stock reply to these poseurs who think they can edumacate the Cafe!
samo
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby geodbear » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:32 am

samo, you are always welcome to compete (even though I have no authority to say so). Looking forward to the competition from you and your buddy.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 262)

Postby plonden » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:09 am

Oh my god, samo is moving into First Division Roto? Looks like my chances of making the Champions League are officially nil this season. :-D

Sad to see this will be your last run, but I am more than happy to do my best to make sure you go out on the bottom. ;-D
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 77)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:14 am

Wow Samo, don't know whether to be saddened or not by this news. :-S

For what it's worth, I've heard that once Favre retires, he was planning on taking his game to fantasy. O:-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon