Yahoo Autodraft Strategy? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Yahoo Autodraft Strategy?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Yahoo Autodraft Strategy?

Postby shasty mcnasty » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:19 pm

Okay, so i'm in a Yahoo league with a bunch of friends / associates, and we've got the Autodraft coming up like this weekend or something. We chose the draft order, and i'm picking 2nd in a snake draft. I'm just curious as to whether there are any yahoo draft strategies out there of which i should be aware. Our league is H2H, redraft, scoring categories are: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, RB, ASST, STL, Blk, TO, A/T. Any input would be much appreciated, included who I should take the the #2. I've played fantasy basketball one year, with limited success, so if there are drafting strategies out there, i'd love to hear them.
shasty mcnasty
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest michigan

Postby RJHNY1 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:53 pm

In an autodraft, make sure you prerank. Rank the players in the order that you think are the best. Take out the injured players from your preranking so there's no chance you get them.

-Go guard heavy early on. It's very easy to get rebounds/blocks off waivers, but much tougher to get steals/assists

-Go for proven players in the first 6-7 rounds. You don't want to bet too much on a young unproven (or rookie) guy and get burned.

-Avoid injury prone guys in the early going (Boozer, Kirilenko, Randolph, Hughes, and so on)

-Autopick is basically luck...so just prerank the best you can. You should prerank at least 50 players...but prerank as many as you can.

Please help me: http://www.fantasybasketballcafe.com/fo ... hp?t=23906
RJHNY1
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions