Year 1 Info Here - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Bonanza Keeper

Year 1 Info Here

Moderators: geodbear, RedHopeful, silentjim

Injury Rants

Postby Ironhorse75 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:10 am

My injury weeks have been long gone, but I see a bunch of others are getting hit as of late.

J Rich, Kobe, Wade, Jefferson, Camby (prior to this week), Kirilenko, Nash....

Heres to a healthy team :-D
Ironhorse75
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby MeShawn » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:45 pm

Marko Jaric wasn't great, since I drafted him in the 5th round ( %-6 ), and I've had some other minor injuries, but nothing too big.

*knock on wood*

And as a result of the Jefferson injury, I just picked him off waivers last night, with the 9th WW priority I might add. I can sacrifice a bench spot for this season, to get a solid keeper for next year. I am very surprised that he wasn't picked off waivers before me. Not to mention he's my favorite player B-)

To say the least, I'm happy about RJ. :-D
MeShawn
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MeShawn » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:21 pm

Overall, I was pretty happy with my draft. But since it was autopick, it wasn't great. I only predrafted 50 players (mistake), so my team was just picked by random after the 6th round or so. I didn't have any "steals" in the draft, but the core of my team is pretty solid.

I have dropped everyone on my team drafted rounds 10-16. I picked up Sura, Bowen, Krstic, Atkins, Wells, Pachullia, and Cliff Robinson. Not bad

My keepers are pretty solid. Keepers:

KG, Rashard, Big Ben, RJ (picked off WW), Billups/Manu

But I'll probably make a 2-for-1 trade to upgrade my keepers, becuase I can't keep both Billups and Manu. Also, Gooden might have "keeper potential"
MeShawn
Mod in Retirement

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:44 pm

my guys who have been injured so far:

shane battier
jason richardson (still injured)
derek fisher
gilbert arenas(flu)
gary payton
matt harpring
etan thomas

:-[
im hoping the injury bug leaves my team....soon. the richardson one is killing me the most..that guy was tearing it up before he got hurt
deluxe_247
Chief Pixel Pusher
Chief Pixel Pusher

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:51 pm

MeShawn wrote:Overall, I was pretty happy with my draft. But since it was autopick, it wasn't great. I only predrafted 50 players (mistake), so my team was just picked by random after the 6th round or so. I didn't have any "steals" in the draft, but the core of my team is pretty solid.

you sure put the beatdown on my last week, tho i noticed your #1 guy played 4 times and went crazy and mine played only twice :-o every day i was like "garnett!!! not again!!!" and he would put up like 30 points, 20 rbs!! that guy is a freakin beast!
deluxe_247
Chief Pixel Pusher
Chief Pixel Pusher

The Trading Block

Postby MeShawn » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:22 pm

Post all players that are available or you are looking to move in this thread.

I know a lot of people are going to say the same, but pretty much everyone on my team is available. But obviously, if you want KG, you're going to have to pay a pretty penny B-)

I guess I'm looking for a big scorer type of guy. No specific position, just a guy who can average 17+ ppg, preferably with some three's and a lot of FTM
MeShawn
Mod in Retirement

Postby MeShawn » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:28 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
MeShawn wrote:Overall, I was pretty happy with my draft. But since it was autopick, it wasn't great. I only predrafted 50 players (mistake), so my team was just picked by random after the 6th round or so. I didn't have any "steals" in the draft, but the core of my team is pretty solid.

you sure put the beatdown on my last week, tho i noticed your #1 guy played 4 times and went crazy and mine played only twice :-o every day i was like "garnett!!! not again!!!" and he would put up like 30 points, 20 rbs!! that guy is a freakin beast!

I wouldn't call it a beatdown. I only won 6-5-1 :-°

And yes, Garnett is a beast. B-)
MeShawn
Mod in Retirement

2004-05 League Standings: FINAL STANDINGS

Postby MeShawn » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:16 pm

FINAL STANDINGS

MeShawn
Mod in Retirement

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:45 pm

I have dropped everyone on my team drafted rounds 10-16. I picked up Sura, Bowen, Krstic, Atkins, Wells, Pachullia, and Cliff Robinson. Not bad

My keepers are pretty solid. Keepers:

KG, Rashard, Big Ben, RJ (picked off WW), Billups/Manu

But I'll probably make a 2-for-1 trade to upgrade my keepers, becuase I can't keep both Billups and Manu. Also, Gooden might have "keeper potential"

Yeah, RJ was defintitely a bad drop in a keeper league. Although I'm loaded at PF, I think I have a solid keeper set and can always move a PF for a PG.

1. Jermaine
2. Pierce
3. Brand
4. Randolph
5. Dwight
MMoNeY24
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:50 pm

The only guys I'm against trading are Jermaine and Pierce. I can move one of my other PFs (Brand, Randolph, Murphy, Howard) for a PG or C. This trade would probably benefit both teams if a deal went down because I see some of you are shallow at PF and heavy at either PG or C.

Thanks and offer away if you're interested... ;-D
MMoNeY24
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Bonanza Keeper