I agree with flock but u can do it, it u want! :-o
livin'
The Cubanmadman
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby MeShawn » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:39 am

Ok, time to defend my side of the deal :-°

You guys probably think I'm crazy for doing this, but here goes.

Just averaging the stats of each side of the deal (from last month's stats), here are the numbers:

FGM FG% FTM FT% 3PTM PTS OREB REB AST ST BLK TO
57.5 .437 17 .69 17 149 30 104.5 62 19 19 24.5
76.3 .457 43 .802 19.6 215 31 129.6 40 20 9 26.6

They all played about the same # of games, and none of them were injured, so those results are valid.

From the stats, I win every catagory except assists, blocks, and TO. I know stats don't reveal the whole truth, but they sure don't lie.

As for the player-to-player analysis. IMO, Ben Wallace is overrated in fantasy basketball. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player and a great player to have on your fantasy team, but I pre-drafted him too high, and he was ultimately drafted with the #24 pick. Many feel that is appropriate value, and I can see where you're coming from. But look at Ben Wallace vs. Troy Murphy:

Big Ben: 9.6 ppg, 12.6 rpg, 2.7 blk, 2 ast, 1.4 stl
Murphy: 16.1 ppg, 11.4 reb, 0.4 blk, 1.4 ast, 0.6 stl

Now I have no doubts that Big Ben is the better player, but not by as much as it may seem.

Here are the stats that stand out from the past 5 games:

Big Ben: 2.0 bpg, 29.4% FT
Murphy: 15.2 rpg

Now, I fully understand that Big Ben is the better defender. But his blocks have been down, and he is nothing like he was two years ago (15.4 reb, 3.2 blocks). Overall, he's dissopointed.

MURPHY vs. BIG BEN
PTS: Murphy by a lot
REB: Equal, maybe slightly Murphy becuase of recent performance (15.2 rpg)
BLK and STL: Big Ben by a lot, but not quite what he used to be
AST: When it's so few, who cares?
FG%: Big Ben by a little
FT%: Murphy by a lot

Also something to take note of, is that Murphy isn't afraid to shoot the long ball. He's not going to launch them, but he'll shoot one-to-two a night, at 48% 8-o. I realize that Big Ben is better, but the gap really isn't that much. Also, though I don't have many big shot blockers besides Big Ben, blocks haven't been a problem at all (I don't think I've lost blocks once).

Enough about Murphy and Big Ben. To the rest of the trade.

Jason Williams. One word. Headache. He's as inconsistant as they come. I was considering dropping him two days ago (before his big game last night). This guy doesn't get the minutes anymore, especially with Earl Watson around. But the major problem is that the Grizzlies are still trying to figure out their rotation, and no one is getting over 28 minutes a game, which sucks for fantasy.

Iguodala. One word. Potential. This guy is going to be huge. I'm considering him as one of my keepers for next year (of course I'd trade some of my other guys). That's how much I expect from him.

Eddie Jones. Three words. Under the radar. I didn't even think of this guy until I looked at his stats. For the past five games: 15.4 pts, 6.4 reb, 2.8 threes, 4.6 assists, 1.4 steals, and only 1.8 TO. Most importantly, 42.6 minutes per game over the last five 8-o. This guy will literally help you in every catagory, even FG% and FT%. Not a stud, but a great UTIL player/secondary SG/SF.

Sorry for the extremely long post. I hope you took the time to read it all as I was trying to get a few points out there.

Overall, I don't know if I'd accept the trade if I had the opportunity again and I'm still a little wary about it, but IMO, it wasn't a bad trade. You guys may think differently, but in time, you'll see ;-)
MeShawn
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:44 am

Jeez Meshawn. I said I wouldn't vote against it. You didn't need to post a mammoth thread about it.
Flockers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MeShawn » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:45 am

Flockers wrote:Jeez Meshawn. I said I wouldn't vote against it. You didn't need to post a mammoth thread about it.

lol, I know. I know I sounded pissed off, but I'm really not upset at all. I just wanted to defend my side a little :-)
MeShawn
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:34 am

MeShawn wrote:
Flockers wrote:Jeez Meshawn. I said I wouldn't vote against it. You didn't need to post a mammoth thread about it.

lol, I know. I know I sounded pissed off, but I'm really not upset at all. I just wanted to defend my side a little :-)

at first glance i agreed with flockers, but after reading your explanation it makes sense. either way i wouldnt have objected. good luck to you both....except when we play again of course }:-)
deluxe_247
Chief Pixel Pusher
Chief Pixel Pusher

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:37 am

MeShawn wrote:And as a result of the Jefferson injury, I just picked him off waivers last night, with the 9th WW priority I might add. I can sacrifice a bench spot for this season, to get a solid keeper for next year. I am very surprised that he wasn't picked off waivers before me. Not to mention he's my favorite player B-)
To say the least, I'm happy about RJ. :-D

that was a choice pickup for sure ;-D shouldnt they put him on IL anyways so you can avoid the bench spot?
deluxe_247
Chief Pixel Pusher
Chief Pixel Pusher

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:42 am

I don't particularily like this trade, but sure as hell I won't be the one to veto it...
creamdoorthirtyniner
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:45 am

LOL wow, I'm lost...

Anyways, back on topic, everyone on my underachieving team is up for sale. I'm looing for a forward or guard, hell even a center. Just a change up because my plan isn't exacly working...
creamdoorthirtyniner
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:47 am

Any of the following emails work fine:

mailto:creamdoorthirtyniner@gmail.com
mailto:creamdoor_39@hotmail.com
mailto:wc.currie@sympatico.ca

and my only current IM client happens to be MSNM:

mailto:creamdoor_39@hotmail.com

B-)
creamdoorthirtyniner
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:49 am

I too put in a waiver claim but was like 12th !+)

That's a very good question: why wasn't an IL spot used to avoid losing a bench spot? :-?
creamdoorthirtyniner
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

PreviousNext

Return to Bonanza Keeper