Trades - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Heroes Keeper

Trades

Moderator: Lilstinkylynx

Re: Trades

Postby Nene » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:18 pm

Lilstinkylynx wrote:Lilstinkylynx trades TJ Ford and 1.9 to Nene for Kevin Love and 2.7.

yep
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby barrec » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:57 pm

Barrec trades Amare Stoudamire to baller7037 for Kevin Martin
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby baller7037 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:46 pm

barrec wrote:Barrec trades Amare Stoudamire to baller7037 for Kevin Martin

Confirmed. Bring on the big man stats
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:19 am

baller7037 wrote:
barrec wrote:Barrec trades Amare Stoudamire to baller7037 for Kevin Martin

Confirmed. Bring on the big man stats

Shocked. I know everyone expects Amare to have a drop off of sorts in NY. But, I am still shocked with this trade. Good Luck to you both.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 168)

Postby CavemanDoctor » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:18 am

I don't get the trade either.

*shrugs*
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby phx_2008_champs » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:19 am

CavemanDoctor wrote:I don't get the trade either.

*shrugs*

I'm not saying that this is collusion but when I saw the trade, that's the first thing that came to mind.
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:52 pm

phx_2008_champs wrote:

*shrugs*

I'm not saying that this is collusion but when I saw the trade, that's the first thing that came to mind.

I think it is just super perplexing. With that said, I thought it might be nice as a league to have other managers rate or analyze the trades in this league just as an additional learning tool for fantasy purposes.

IMO, Barrec - Grade D. Baller7037 - Grade A+.

Barrec traded away a player that has played 82,79,53,82 games in the past 4 seasons for a player 80, 61, 51, 46. Trading for a more injury prone player who seems to have peaked fantasy wise seems to be a counter strategy in a keeper league. Martin has seen a consistent down turn since his break out campaign in '06. The main factor that jumps out at me in Martin's game is his fg% efficiency has taken a tremendous downturn each season since that breakout campaign. Law of averages would show that he has probably bottomed out but probably won't be returning to top form anytime soon. Without a decent fg%, Martin's inability to really contribute in any cat other than ft% and threes means more than likely he will never provide 1st round potential. Amare has already established himself prior as first round potential. Also, I like his situation in NY.Felton is no Nash, but he should be a very serviceable PG and there is always the possibility of CP3 coming to town [I can only pray since it would bolster my stud that much more if he landed in NY]. Not to mention, NY seems dedicated to making Amare a centerpiece and I expect Amare to have a great season. Great steal Baller [Eventhoug you will still lose and get spanked by me for yet another season]. With that said, we never thought Marion would drop like he has and so fast, maybe Barrec knows something. Good luck guys. I must say this should be a very exciting season.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby barrec » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Lilstinkylynx wrote:
phx_2008_champs wrote:

*shrugs*

I think it is just super perplexing. With that said, I thought it might be nice as a league to have other managers rate or analyze the trades in this league just as an additional learning tool for fantasy purposes.

Barrec traded away a player that has played 82,79,53,82 games in the past 4 seasons for a player 80, 61, 51, 46. Trading for a more injury prone player who seems to have peaked fantasy wise seems to be a counter strategy in a keeper league. Martin has seen a consistent down turn since his break out campaign in '06. The main factor that jumps out at me in Martin's game is his fg% efficiency has taken a tremendous downturn each season since that breakout campaign. Law of averages would show that he has probably bottomed out but probably won't be returning to top form anytime soon. Without a decent fg%, Martin's inability to really contribute in any cat other than ft% and threes means more than likely he will never provide 1st round potential. Amare has already established himself prior as first round potential. Also, I like his situation in NY.Felton is no Nash, but he should be a very serviceable PG and there is always the possibility of CP3 coming to town [I can only pray since it would bolster my stud that much more if he landed in NY]. Not to mention, NY seems dedicated to making Amare a centerpiece and I expect Amare to have a great season. Great steal Baller [Eventhoug you will still lose and get spanked by me for yet another season]. With that said, we never thought Marion would drop like he has and so fast, maybe Barrec knows something. Good luck guys. I must say this should be a very exciting season.

Whoa, I am sorry for all the commotion. Especially since I am new to the league and forum, I want to be sure to say this is not collusion at all. I e-mailed Baller myself. Here's what I can say - Martin was a player I wanted, and I definitely misjudged how much I could get for Amare. That was my bad. I'd be happy to go into why I like Martin via PM. Credit Baller for taking a good deal when offered one - credit me for not getting more than I coulda.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:08 pm

barrec wrote:
Lilstinkylynx wrote:
phx_2008_champs wrote:

Whoa, I am sorry for all the commotion. Especially since I am new to the league and forum, I want to be sure to say this is not collusion at all. I e-mailed Baller myself. Here's what I can say - Martin was a player I wanted, and I definitely misjudged how much I could get for Amare. That was my bad. I'd be happy to go into why I like Martin via PM. Credit Baller for taking a good deal when offered one - credit me for not getting more than I coulda.

Let's not give Baller too much credit... he hasn't done anything to earn it yet... haha. I thought Baller offered the trade when I saw it since it seems like a trade Baller would propose from my experience with him. I mean, Baller did intend to keep Hibbert as his 5th keeper. Shocked you were the one that offered it. I guess I am just in shock. No need to explain yourself unless you want to and you can do it in this forum since it helps all the managers get a better sense of how each manager thinks so we don't have to offer deals to each other that have no chance of being accepted.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby baller7037 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:06 pm

dude I offered him more for amare. I offered him my 1st and 2nd pick and anyone else on my team except my keeper. and I only put hibbert as my keeper to throw people off trying to plan their draft. I always intended to keep arenas or mayo

Lilstinkylynx wrote:
barrec wrote:
Lilstinkylynx wrote:

Let's not give Baller too much credit... he hasn't done anything to earn it yet... haha. I thought Baller offered the trade when I saw it since it seems like a trade Baller would propose from my experience with him. I mean, Baller did intend to keep Hibbert as his 5th keeper. Shocked you were the one that offered it. I guess I am just in shock. No need to explain yourself unless you want to and you can do it in this forum since it helps all the managers get a better sense of how each manager thinks so we don't have to offer deals to each other that have no chance of being accepted.
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper