Trades - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Heroes Keeper

Trades

Moderator: Lilstinkylynx

Re: Trades

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:04 pm

dude I offered him more for amare. I offered him my 1st and 2nd pick and anyone else on my team except my keeper. and I only put hibbert as my keeper to throw people off trying to plan their draft. I always intended to keep arenas or mayo

Let me get this straight... I find this amusing btw. You offered your 1st and 2nd round pick which is equivalent to a 6th and 7th rounder plus a non-keeper [Which in this case could include Hibbert since you threw us all off with that one] and you think that all of that is better than Kevin Martin. It would be pretty hard for me to say which is a better deal since when I trade I like to get close to equal value which means if I trade a late 1st rounder I expect close to a late 1st rounder in return. Either way, personally I think both offers are pretty bad and I am sure I am not the only one. You made out with a good trade, but like all your postings Baller, they never seem to make any fantasy sense or just general sense in that matter. Nevertheless, I am happy for ya since I always support my fellow colleagues.

On a side note, I was hoping to keep the trash talking down to a minimum between us this year but it is just too hard. I first tried to hold out on the whole Hibbert thing but the trade brought it out of me. Now, I have this response from you that you somehow offered a better deal and he rejected it [Which would look pretty bad on Barrec's end for turning down a better deal, and IMO Kevin Martin + 1st round + 2nd round might get me to trade Amare but I still be hard pressed.] Haha, anyways, hope life is going well and let me know when you get your practice up and running since I am always looking for an employer.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby baller7037 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:38 am

when people trade someone always comes out of the trade ahead because we want to upgrade our team and if you accept a trade you obviously think its a good trade based on your projection, so why are people giving barec a hard time. we all know you guys try to offer me trades in which the pendulum is more towards their end(way more) so whats the big deal that I got the trade I got. last season you guys gave caveman a hard time when he traded for felton. fantasy is all based on projection and if barec's projection about martin is correct and amare gets injured then he made out with a steal. but based on current data then the trade is in my favor. we can't knock barec for making the trade, if the roles were reverse and you got amare for martin you would do it in a heartbeat. martin is still no chop liver martin started hot and was a top 12 player last season before his injury, if martin starts out and continues the whole season like how he started last season and amare does what amare normally does then the trade is fair straight up.

Lilstinkylynx wrote:
dude I offered him more for amare. I offered him my 1st and 2nd pick and anyone else on my team except my keeper. and I only put hibbert as my keeper to throw people off trying to plan their draft. I always intended to keep arenas or mayo

Let me get this straight... I find this amusing btw. You offered your 1st and 2nd round pick which is equivalent to a 6th and 7th rounder plus a non-keeper [Which in this case could include Hibbert since you threw us all off with that one] and you think that all of that is better than Kevin Martin. It would be pretty hard for me to say which is a better deal since when I trade I like to get close to equal value which means if I trade a late 1st rounder I expect close to a late 1st rounder in return. Either way, personally I think both offers are pretty bad and I am sure I am not the only one. You made out with a good trade, but like all your postings Baller, they never seem to make any fantasy sense or just general sense in that matter. Nevertheless, I am happy for ya since I always support my fellow colleagues.

On a side note, I was hoping to keep the trash talking down to a minimum between us this year but it is just too hard. I first tried to hold out on the whole Hibbert thing but the trade brought it out of me. Now, I have this response from you that you somehow offered a better deal and he rejected it [Which would look pretty bad on Barrec's end for turning down a better deal, and IMO Kevin Martin + 1st round + 2nd round might get me to trade Amare but I still be hard pressed.] Haha, anyways, hope life is going well and let me know when you get your practice up and running since I am always looking for an employer.
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:38 pm

baller7037 wrote:when people trade someone always comes out of the trade ahead because we want to upgrade our team and if you accept a trade you obviously think its a good trade based on your projection, so why are people giving barec a hard time. we all know you guys try to offer me trades in which the pendulum is more towards their end(way more) so whats the big deal that I got the trade I got. last season you guys gave caveman a hard time when he traded for felton. fantasy is all based on projection and if barec's projection about martin is correct and amare gets injured then he made out with a steal. but based on current data then the trade is in my favor. we can't knock barec for making the trade, if the roles were reverse and you got amare for martin you would do it in a heartbeat. martin is still no chop liver martin started hot and was a top 12 player last season before his injury, if martin starts out and continues the whole season like how he started last season and amare does what amare normally does then the trade is fair straight up.

Again, all I read is blah blah blah. No one is saying they wouldn't have taken the trade. Anyone in their right mind would have hit the accept button. We can definitely knock Barrec for this trade since it changes the landscape of a fantasy team dramatically. Obviously we are all experienced in fantasy where if you hit the accept button then we know what we are getting into. Doesn't mean others can't comment on it.

Martin was top 12 last year in the beginning of the season on a depleted Sac team. Again, when I hear your arguments, I just hear blah blah. Last I remember, Houston has a lot more weapons and is one of those teams that can be considered a possible 8th seed in the Western Conference. For you to say that you think this trade can even be close to fair straight up is a joke. Your injury argument is weak as well. Did I not point out already the games played for the past 4 seasons. Trends say that Martin is more likely to get injured than Amare. Care to respond with something useful for once. Haha. Just messing with ya.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby baller7037 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:55 pm

blah blah blah :) can't wait for season to start with my new team. still a work in progress but thats how you rebuild a team you didn't draft. I had a 3 year plan and this is the year I beat your team lilstinkylynx

Lilstinkylynx wrote:
baller7037 wrote:when people trade someone always comes out of the trade ahead because we want to upgrade our team and if you accept a trade you obviously think its a good trade based on your projection, so why are people giving barec a hard time. we all know you guys try to offer me trades in which the pendulum is more towards their end(way more) so whats the big deal that I got the trade I got. last season you guys gave caveman a hard time when he traded for felton. fantasy is all based on projection and if barec's projection about martin is correct and amare gets injured then he made out with a steal. but based on current data then the trade is in my favor. we can't knock barec for making the trade, if the roles were reverse and you got amare for martin you would do it in a heartbeat. martin is still no chop liver martin started hot and was a top 12 player last season before his injury, if martin starts out and continues the whole season like how he started last season and amare does what amare normally does then the trade is fair straight up.

Again, all I read is blah blah blah. No one is saying they wouldn't have taken the trade. Anyone in their right mind would have hit the accept button. We can definitely knock Barrec for this trade since it changes the landscape of a fantasy team dramatically. Obviously we are all experienced in fantasy where if you hit the accept button then we know what we are getting into. Doesn't mean others can't comment on it.

Martin was top 12 last year in the beginning of the season on a depleted Sac team. Again, when I hear your arguments, I just hear blah blah. Last I remember, Houston has a lot more weapons and is one of those teams that can be considered a possible 8th seed in the Western Conference. For you to say that you think this trade can even be close to fair straight up is a joke. Your injury argument is weak as well. Did I not point out already the games played for the past 4 seasons. Trends say that Martin is more likely to get injured than Amare. Care to respond with something useful for once. Haha. Just messing with ya.
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby barrec » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Barrec trades Tyrus Thomas, 3.2 and 6.11 to Lilstinkylynx for Andrew Bynum, 4.4 and 6.4
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:42 pm

barrec wrote:Barrec trades Tyrus Thomas, 3.2 and 6.11 to Lilstinkylynx for Andrew Bynum, 4.4 and 6.4

Yup
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Nene » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:30 am

baller7037 wrote:dude I offered him more for amare. I offered him my 1st and 2nd pick and anyone else on my team except my keeper. and I only put hibbert as my keeper to throw people off trying to plan their draft. I always intended to keep arenas or mayo

F-king brilliant plan *rolleyes*
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CavemanDoctor » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:06 pm

CavemanDoctor trades Aaron Brooks and his last pick to baller for his 3.5 pick.
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby baller7037 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:40 am

CavemanDoctor wrote:CavemanDoctor trades Aaron Brooks and his last pick to baller for his 3.5 pick.

confirmed
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby CavemanDoctor » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:02 am

baller trades his 5.5 pick to CavemanDoctor for Raymond Felton and his second-to-last round pick.
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper