General Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Heroes Keeper

General Discussion

Moderator: Lilstinkylynx

Re: General Discussion

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:19 am

The next Tim Duncan... that is saying a little much. Mr consistent... lets draw the Duncan comparisons when Brook can lead his team to the playoffs at least. Love the kid, but he is no Duncan...

Side note... Any news on Tyrants... Just itching to get the draft started.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 163)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby baller7037 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:25 am

devin harris is already top 23 player on basketball monster. I see harris making top 15 faster then derrick rose, both players have the same style of play and imo devin harris is faster then rose. devin harris also has brook lopez as a player he can defer to so teams won't put all their defenders on stopping devin harris. as for brook lopez, he is young and duncun didn't lead the team until robinson retired. brook lopez is young and has the attainable potential to be like tim duncun baring any injuries
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Nene » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:21 am

You guys need avatars.
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: VOTE: 2010-2011 Keeper Amount Poll

Postby CavemanDoctor » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:11 pm

We're locked in for 5 keepers then.
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby saldogg » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:47 am

somebodys a nets homer lol... comparing lopez to duncan is almost blasphemy... duncan is the best power forward to ever play the game and one of the 10 best players ever... lopez will be lucky to be in the top 100. he's a nice player and projects to be a very good 2nd-3rd banana on solid teams, but tim duncan? come on man lopez is kinda soft, timmy came in hard nosed as they get... you're talking about 2 different levels here... I love derrick rose I think he's gonna be a superstar, I wouldn't start saying he can be like magic johnson... a stronger comparison would be a carlos boozer or elton brand... great players, allstars, not legends
saldogg
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Nene » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:48 am

He's not the first person I have seen make that comparison. And yes, it is a horrible comparison. I believe he will be an all star regular, but not HOF quality.
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:10 am

bump
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby baller7037 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:23 pm

I still will take brook Lopez over duncun and most of u guys would also based on-the-job offers ibeen getting for brook lopez

saldogg wrote:somebodys a nets homer lol... comparing lopez to duncan is almost blasphemy... duncan is the best power forward to ever play the game and one of the 10 best players ever... lopez will be lucky to be in the top 100. he's a nice player and projects to be a very good 2nd-3rd banana on solid teams, but tim duncan? come on man lopez is kinda soft, timmy came in hard nosed as they get... you're talking about 2 different levels here... I love derrick rose I think he's gonna be a superstar, I wouldn't start saying he can be like magic johnson... a stronger comparison would be a carlos boozer or elton brand... great players, allstars, not legends
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 11)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Keeping it alive for you guys....
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:23 pm

Congratulations Saldogg on being the new champ for our league. Looks like the Dwight trade really locked things up for you. Nice run Cave and you were right in the mix till the end. Seems like Gum is always steady but I am guessing a few trades could have sent you right ahead of Saldogg. Looking forward to next season.

Side Note - Nice run at then end Baller. Still bottom five but it seems like you made a bigger push this season to improve your team.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper