General Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Heroes Keeper

General Discussion

Moderator: Lilstinkylynx

Re: General Discussion

Postby baller7037 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Lilstinkylynx wrote:Any other thoughts on trades made so far or team make up? Who has made the best move, who has made the worst move (Ahem... Pulled a Baller), who looks primed to give Sal a run for first. I know not all keepers are declared yet and there will probably be a few more trades before our draft starts, but would love to hear some input. Damn, I love fantasy BBall.

sometimes you have to pay a premium to get to a place you want to be or in business sometimes the cost to get into the game can be high but the rewards are worth it; otherwise you will always be a worker (nothing wrong with workers, we need them and can't run a business without them)

I put myself in a position to do well with a great core and next season I have gave up only my 1st or 2nd pick which means I will be in contention will all my draft picks except one with a great core. I paid alot for the core but its an investment for the future, no way i get this core without giving up draft picks and I paid alot but if i didn't my team is idle with the draft picks I had.

without risks you won't get great rewards if all you do is play by the book. if sal played by the books he would never be in the position he is if he didn't draft durant, rose and even blake griffen in the 1st round.

and another thing is the people in the bottom with the exception of tekkop will have a difficult time cracking top 5 unless they upgrade their core or get lucky in the draft and get young stars that pan out or trade well either way they have at least 3 seasons of rebuilding before they get to the top
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:25 pm

baller7037 wrote: sometimes you have to pay a premium to get to a place you want to be or in business sometimes the cost to get into the game can be high but the rewards are worth it; otherwise you will always be a worker (nothing wrong with workers, we need them and can't run a business without them)

without risks you won't get great rewards if all you do is play by the book. if sal played by the books he would never be in the position he is if he didn't draft durant, rose and even blake griffen in the 1st round.

Hey, I am not arguing the idea that you should play a premium for an elite player. That goes without saying. Neither am I arguing that you don't get great rewards without taking risks.

I am just going to make a few points and hopefully for once you address them instead of speaking your blah, blah, blah.

1. Sal made ballsy moves during the draft since this leagues inception. Reaching for players often and taking calculated risks, but he had the draft picks and was willing to use them to get the players he banked on. Not to mention, he stuck with those players through and through and did not bail on them after a bad season. He kept Durant even when he was not putting up 1st round production. He did the same for Rose. Where are your draft picks again? All gone. Not to mention, players who enter your team are more likely to be gone next season since you trade so much.

2. So you paid a premium for an elite PG as you would like to say. But lets rewind it a bit. I think Sal would not argue that he would have preferred your 1st/2nd/or even 3rd round pick over what he got (Not to mention I am sure you would have still thrown in another 1st round pick for next season and other pick upgrades). Higher pick means higher chance at better value. My question is why waste trading your picks for players you aren't even keeping? How is that good business? More importantly, why didn't I get any of this action. If you want to throw picks away for players you aren't even going to use, hell, I got a players I am more than willing to ship your way.

3. Wouldn't it be simpler just to admit you make some foolish moves. We (well its mainly just me) do crack on you quite a bit, but we (I) do give you props when you make a nice trade. Like your Amare for K. Mart last season. Pure gold. Sorry Barrec, still don't know how Baller pulled off that one. I mean, look at the trade he does. You got mad shiested last season.

4. Your whole diamond in the rough thing. You have yet to draft such a player and keep him on your roster to get any value out of him. What makes you think you all of a sudden obtained the magic touch?

Just Saying
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 164)

Postby baller7037 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:15 am

Lilstinkylynx wrote:
baller7037 wrote: sometimes you have to pay a premium to get to a place you want to be or in business sometimes the cost to get into the game can be high but the rewards are worth it; otherwise you will always be a worker (nothing wrong with workers, we need them and can't run a business without them)

Hey, I am not arguing the idea that you should play a premium for an elite player. That goes without saying. Neither am I arguing that you don't get great rewards without taking risks.

I am just going to make a few points and hopefully for once you address them instead of speaking your blah, blah, blah.

1. Sal made ballsy moves during the draft since this leagues inception. Reaching for players often and taking calculated risks, but he had the draft picks and was willing to use them to get the players he banked on. Not to mention, he stuck with those players through and through and did not bail on them after a bad season. He kept Durant even when he was not putting up 1st round production. He did the same for Rose. Where are your draft picks again? All gone. Not to mention, players who enter your team are more likely to be gone next season since you trade so much.

2. So you paid a premium for an elite PG as you would like to say. But lets rewind it a bit. I think Sal would not argue that he would have preferred your 1st/2nd/or even 3rd round pick over what he got (Not to mention I am sure you would have still thrown in another 1st round pick for next season and other pick upgrades). Higher pick means higher chance at better value. My question is why waste trading your picks for players you aren't even keeping? How is that good business? More importantly, why didn't I get any of this action. If you want to throw picks away for players you aren't even going to use, hell, I got a players I am more than willing to ship your way.

3. Wouldn't it be simpler just to admit you make some foolish moves. We (well its mainly just me) do crack on you quite a bit, but we (I) do give you props when you make a nice trade. Like your Amare for K. Mart last season. Pure gold. Sorry Barrec, still don't know how Baller pulled off that one. I mean, look at the trade he does. You got mad shiested last season.

4. Your whole diamond in the rough thing. You have yet to draft such a player and keep him on your roster to get any value out of him. What makes you think you all of a sudden obtained the magic touch?

Just Saying

the foolish moves I made gave me a better team. if I didn't do those foolish moves my team would not be in a better position. I would have draft picks that are equivalent to 5-8 th round picks. and as for trading my draft picks down; how much difference in talent is there between a mid 5th round pick which is a 10 round and the end of the 5th round pick. not much and I get an elite pg in rondo by going down in draft picks.

as for players that are diamond in the rough, you forget i got channing frye in ww and brook lopez, same as nick young and a bunch of relevent role players.

one day you will be wishing you can pull a baller to make your team top notch just like pulling a saldog

just saying
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 12)

Postby saldogg » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:21 am

Guys ill be keeping ibaka as my 5th keeper just saying... ;-)
saldogg
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:28 pm

Nice Sal. BTW, just post it in the Keeper section what your tentative list is. It isn't locked in until 11:59pm on the 11th but I need to have a list so I can update everything before the draft. Just keeping it official you know.

Now, in regards to Oni's team. Still haven't heard back from him. I have already informed the new manager to post in the league forum to introduce himself so that he at least has a few days to make some trades if he likes before keepers are due and draft begins.

On a personal note, Stern just ruined the NBA by vetoing that trade (BTW, where was Stern when Baller needed him, and thanks for still not addressing any of the points I laid out for you Baller and going on your tangents yet again). Hope he can figure things out, because it is looking real bad for the NBA. As a Laker fan, the past 24hours has been a roller coaster I rather not live through again. BTW, if Boston gets Paul (I know this would make Cave real happy), that would be it for me and the NBA. Hoping for one more LA and Boston Final w/ CP3 a Laker of course.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby CavemanDoctor » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:25 pm

It's been a crazy 24 hours. I have a lot more thoughts but that's all I'll say lest I ramble.
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby UpDog » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:51 am

Hi, I'm taking over for Oni's team. Where do I get the league info for yahoo?
UpDog
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:56 am

Lilstinkylynx wrote:League ID# - 959
Password - iheartcamby

For those who have not signed up. Please sign up on yahoo.

Leauge Info. Welcome Updog.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby UpDog » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:01 am

Thanks! It says, "There was a problem There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. To join, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)"
UpDog
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:04 am

UpDog wrote:Thanks! It says, "There was a problem There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. To join, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)"

Will send a message to Cave who set up the league and will get back to you.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper