General Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Heroes Keeper

General Discussion

Moderator: Lilstinkylynx

Re: General Discussion

Postby CavemanDoctor » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:12 am

Welcome to the league UpDog. I've changed the settings. Let me know if you still can't get in.
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby UpDog » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:21 am

Thanks! Got it. You guys work fast!
UpDog
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby saldogg » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:05 am

Guys, i had my draft for my other keeper league last night. unfortunately i couldn't make the draft and my team was autopicked from the deep list i put together... was hoping to get you guys' opinions on it...

it's a 16 team standard h2h... 15 players per roster 10 starters (same positions as here)
we keep 3 + a rookie/sophomore

I kept:
Durant
Deron Williams
Noah
Cousins (Rookie)

then i ended up with this squad:

PG: Deron
SG: Batum
G: Lowry
SF: Durant
PF: Derrick Williams
F: Thad Young
C: Noah
C: Cousins
U: OJ Mayo
U: B. Bass
Bench: Taj Gibson, Roddy Beaubois, Patrick Patterson, Iman Shumpert Aaron Brooks.

what you guys think? I'm not gonna lie, i don't think i've ever had a pre-ranked draft go so well... i'm thinking i have to be a top 3 team in a 16 teamer with that no?

all opinions are appreciated
saldogg
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:03 pm

saldogg wrote:Guys, i had my draft for my other keeper league last night. unfortunately i couldn't make the draft and my team was autopicked from the deep list i put together... was hoping to get you guys' opinions on it...

it's a 16 team standard h2h... 15 players per roster 10 starters (same positions as here)
we keep 3 + a rookie/sophomore

I kept:
Durant
Deron Williams
Noah
Cousins (Rookie)

then i ended up with this squad:

PG: Deron
SG: Batum
G: Lowry
SF: Durant
PF: Derrick Williams
F: Thad Young
C: Noah
C: Cousins
U: OJ Mayo
U: B. Bass
Bench: Taj Gibson, Roddy Beaubois, Patrick Patterson, Iman Shumpert Aaron Brooks.

what you guys think? I'm not gonna lie, i don't think i've ever had a pre-ranked draft go so well... i'm thinking i have to be a top 3 team in a 16 teamer with that no?

all opinions are appreciated

For an outopick team, I think you made out well (especially if you never did your rankings). However, for H2H, your bench is looking pretty mediocre. Anything left on the waiver wire?
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 168)

Postby saldogg » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:37 pm

I did get to do mt rankings... 16 teams man theres balance in all categories. You cant have a star studded team in a league so big and so deep... I like taj a lot and roddy is s forgotten young potential stud, brooks will be back in a month and a half and i think the rest is solid... Sixteen teamer!
saldogg
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:43 pm

saldogg wrote:I did get to do mt rankings... 16 teams man theres balance in all categories. You cant have a star studded team in a league so big and so deep... I like taj a lot and roddy is s forgotten young potential stud, brooks will be back in a month and a half and i think the rest is solid... Sixteen teamer!

I like Taj and R.B., just not a fan of the rest. In a sixteen teamer it is hard to have a solid bench, but besides Iman, I don't see anyone else getting enough playtime to help your squad. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that might help you accumulate stats on a weekly basis. Not sure if you guys go daily or weekly as well.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby CavemanDoctor » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:45 am

Fellas,

I've entered all the rosters. Please check your teams to make sure everything is up to snuff.

Just a note, I didn't want to risk putting in the rosters tomorrow for fear that we wouldn't be able to set our lineups on Sunday so I went ahead and put the rosters in today even though Fenris hadn't picked yet. Fenris, I just put the highest available Yahoo player on your team (Battier). If prior to the expiration of your 12 hour period you would like someone else, just let me know and I'll commish-switch him out for you.
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:59 pm

No worries. I already dropped him anyway. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Bump
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:54 pm

;-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper