Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Heroes Keeper

General Discussion

Moderator: Lilstinkylynx

Re: General Discussion

Postby Netsfan5 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:21 am

saldogg wrote:
Netsfan5 wrote:
Mimicker7 wrote:LOL! For some reason I found the edit comment very funny.

Now onto some general, GENERAL discussion. Heroes: how awesome of a show is it? I hadn't seen any of it before, but I blind-bought it on HD DVD when it came out from Amazon, and boy is it awesome. I sat through the entire thing in two days glued to the TV. Can't wait for next season!

Thats the origin of the league name. Best show on television, glad you like it. We will have to talk about every new episode in here Mimicker. ;-D

haha i blind bought it too, but a good friend (and tv freak like me) told me it was sweet... i watched the whole thing in 2 days too lol... amazing as it is, i have it as the 3rd best show on tv (behind the wire and lost) and as my 4th fave (behind wire, lost and the office) it was great though, and yes i am a tv buff lol, also guys if you're not watching the wire you're missing out B-)

Whats the Wire about? I watch Heroes, House, The Office, 30 Rock, and South Park. I will see how Journeyman is this year since it's right after Heroes and I"m a time-travel nut.
By Netsforce at realgm
Netsfan5
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mimicker7 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:38 am

saldogg wrote:
Netsfan5 wrote:
Mimicker7 wrote:LOL! For some reason I found the edit comment very funny.

Now onto some general, GENERAL discussion. Heroes: how awesome of a show is it? I hadn't seen any of it before, but I blind-bought it on HD DVD when it came out from Amazon, and boy is it awesome. I sat through the entire thing in two days glued to the TV. Can't wait for next season!

Thats the origin of the league name. Best show on television, glad you like it. We will have to talk about every new episode in here Mimicker. ;-D

haha i blind bought it too, but a good friend (and tv freak like me) told me it was sweet... i watched the whole thing in 2 days too lol... amazing as it is, i have it as the 3rd best show on tv (behind the wire and lost) and as my 4th fave (behind wire, lost and the office) it was great though, and yes i am a tv buff lol, also guys if you're not watching the wire you're missing out B-)

Wow, you are a man after my own heart. ;-)

My current favorite TV shows would have to be The Office, Lost, The Wire, and Heroes as well. I wasn't into The Wire about a year ago, but Bill Simmons from ESPN kept on recommending it in his columns, and I rented them off Netflix... and got hooked. It is definitely the most well-made and realistic show on television right now. [btw Netsfan, it is a crime-drama show. I'm not very much into crime-drama's, but The Wire is so well-made I can't help but relate to the show. The best I could way I could describe is it's like a well-written novel, only it's on television [HBO]. Every episode is very connected to each other, so if you want to try it out, I'd recommend renting season 1 disc 1 and see if you like it. It's been voted the #1 television show of the year at least once by critics, but unfortunately it's more critically acclaimed than popular because every episode is so inter-connected, it's hard to understand what's going on if you just happen to catch one episode on one night.]

I am also a big TV fan and am getting giddy over all of next week's premieres. I feel like a kid in a candy store.
Mimicker7
College Captain
College Captain

Cafe Writer

Postby Netsfan5 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:34 pm

I am very excited for premier week. Heroes, Journeyman, House, Bionic Woman (maybe?), The Office (so psyched), and 30 Rock as of now.
By Netsforce at realgm
Netsfan5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby saldogg » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:55 am

hahahah mimicker you're a simmons fan too? were gonna be great friends... thats how i found the wire!! lol heroes and office will be amazing next week... plus HALO 3 for any gamers in here!
saldogg
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Netsfan5 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:28 am

saldogg wrote:hahahah mimicker you're a simmons fan too? were gonna be great friends... thats how i found the wire!! lol heroes and office will be amazing next week... plus HALO 3 for any gamers in here!

Forgot about Halo. I may not get it right away because Bioshock is sick right now. Anyway, sick weak tommorow. Comments on tv premiers are a must in this thread! ;-D
By Netsforce at realgm
Netsfan5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ChipaDub » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:29 am

You guys really need to get out and do some hiking, fishing, camping, etc...
ChipaDub
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wondering who the new idiots runging Yahoo are. GO OBAMA!

Postby Netsfan5 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:49 pm

ChipaDub wrote:You guys really need to get out and do some hiking, fishing, camping, etc...

Hey now, 4 hours in front of the tv a week is way below the national average I bet. Watching only 5 shows is better than sitting on your ass and just scrolling through the channels. I'm sure everyone here goes out and plays sports, etc, but some shows are too good to miss. ;-D
By Netsforce at realgm
Netsfan5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ChipaDub » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:52 pm

Netsfan5 wrote:
ChipaDub wrote:You guys really need to get out and do some hiking, fishing, camping, etc...

Hey now, 4 hours in front of the tv a week is way below the national average I bet. Watching only 5 shows is better than sitting on your ass and just scrolling through the channels. I'm sure everyone here goes out and plays sports, etc, but some shows are too good to miss. ;-D

I don't know how much TV you guys actually watch, but I certainly don't want to be average ;) Not the point though. It's the passion in which you talk about these subjects, and lack of passion toward being human. Pick up a Hunter S. Thompson book.
ChipaDub
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wondering who the new idiots runging Yahoo are. GO OBAMA!

Postby Mimicker7 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:32 am

No more reading for me, I do enough for school. A novel a week in my Major American Novels class. 100 pages a week in my sociolinguistics course. And then all the problem-solving/reading of chapters I have to do in my Mathematical Structures [proofs], Linear Algebra, and Physics II every week. I'll take my mindless TV to give my brain a rest, thanks! :-D
Mimicker7
College Captain
College Captain

Cafe Writer

Postby wakeupmrwest » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:23 am

yeah reading for school is about all the reading i do during the school year. The Office is my favourite TV show by far. Heroes I watched since the beginning as well. Those are the two shows I'm looking forward to watching this fall.
wakeupmrwest
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper