The Rules *Please Read* - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Reshuffle

The Rules *Please Read*

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, mbuser, jphanned

Re: The Rules *Please Read*

Postby ggs » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:41 pm

koven wrote:What happens after the draft?

we discuss.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 143)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby sabonis » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:48 pm

in addition to discussion, each player should rank the top 5 teams in their opinion.
sabonis
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby blamer » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:22 pm

nebgib5 wrote:
blamer wrote:What is the final conclusion on time limit? Will it be 12h all the way or 12h for earlier rounds and 24h for the rest?

It this point, I would say it's the latter, although it's still subject to change until the draft actually begins.

Thanks for the info ;-D

Rizzo wrote:About the team building aspect of this draft....

If a team decides to draft a team around a Run N' Gun type of offense, would that penalize them? I would hope people wouldn't look at the roster and say, "You only have one big man who doesn't necessarily play in the post, not a good way to build a team." I'm just thinking that people when analyzing these squads should take team strategy into account.

I agree that we should be analysing team building with respect to team strategy, but we should also analyse team stragey as well. So for example, a manager might get torched because of the Run N' Gun system that he built his squad around, but he should also be praised for the selection of players.
blamer
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Graphics Expert

Postby ggs » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:07 pm

sabonis wrote:in addition to discussion, each player should rank the top 5 teams in their opinion.

excellent suggestion.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Humdinger » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:10 pm

final word on the beginning of the draft yet? not that it matters since im in the 20s, but at least i get to see who i can't get
Humdinger
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby ggs » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:11 pm

Humdinger wrote:final word on the beginning of the draft yet? not that it matters since im in the 20s, but at least i get to see who i can't get

also a final word on trading of draft picks?
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mbuser » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:27 am

nebgib5 said he's got a bunch of PMs out to fill the thing -- i think it's worth waiting to start a few extra days if it means that nobody has more than one team. we'll make sure everyone knows when we are set to go

and please vote in the poll regarding allowing trades of draft picks
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

Postby nebgib5 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:31 am

This baby is full. :-D

Draft will start January 4th at noon EST. For the beginning of the draft there will be a 12 hour time limit, so don't say you weren't warned. }:-)
nebgib5
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby the one » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:14 pm

I like the idea of ranking the top 5 teams.

For me, I would like to discuss just about every aspect of the team. From are they a half court team or run and gun team to do they have an inside/outside game. Obviously a guy who might be suspended for a season because of a brawl with fans but who is a dominant player won't be drafted solely based on talent. Other aspects should be taken into account. The Spurs won those championships with steady players not with guys like that. But then again if you feel you have someone on your team that you think can keep him in line, then you might not mind drafting the guy. Kinda like Jordon keeping Rodman in line.
the one
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby ggs » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:19 pm

the one wrote:I like the idea of ranking the top 5 teams.

For me, I would like to discuss just about every aspect of the team. From are they a half court team or run and gun team to do they have an inside/outside game. Obviously a guy who might be suspended for a season because of a brawl with fans but who is a dominant player won't be drafted solely based on talent. Other aspects should be taken into account. The Spurs won those championships with steady players not with guys like that. But then again if you feel you have someone on your team that you think can keep him in line, then you might not mind drafting the guy. Kinda like Jordon keeping Rodman in line.

right on, just like you cant draft a team of scorers as there's only one ball on the court (as far as i know), you probably want some guys grabbing rebounds and playing defence as well.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Reshuffle