The Rules *Please Read* - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Reshuffle

The Rules *Please Read*

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, mbuser, jphanned

Re: The Rules *Please Read*

Postby Rizzo » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 pm

Assuming this draft gets completed, we could be looking at a good 3 months of drafting and discussing the realm of possibilities that would be the entire NBA season. Should be very interesting where this one goes.
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby deadshot11 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:35 pm

ggs wrote:
the one wrote:I like the idea of ranking the top 5 teams.

For me, I would like to discuss just about every aspect of the team. From are they a half court team or run and gun team to do they have an inside/outside game. Obviously a guy who might be suspended for a season because of a brawl with fans but who is a dominant player won't be drafted solely based on talent. Other aspects should be taken into account. The Spurs won those championships with steady players not with guys like that. But then again if you feel you have someone on your team that you think can keep him in line, then you might not mind drafting the guy. Kinda like Jordon keeping Rodman in line.

right on, just like you cant draft a team of scorers as there's only one ball on the court (as far as i know), you probably want some guys grabbing rebounds and playing defence as well.

Easy. Draft 4 scorers, and then use your 5th round pick on a 2nd basketball. Isaiah Thomas FTW!
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Yilun » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:26 am

deadshot11 wrote:
ggs wrote:
the one wrote:I like the idea of ranking the top 5 teams.

For me, I would like to discuss just about every aspect of the team. From are they a half court team or run and gun team to do they have an inside/outside game. Obviously a guy who might be suspended for a season because of a brawl with fans but who is a dominant player won't be drafted solely based on talent. Other aspects should be taken into account. The Spurs won those championships with steady players not with guys like that. But then again if you feel you have someone on your team that you think can keep him in line, then you might not mind drafting the guy. Kinda like Jordon keeping Rodman in line.

right on, just like you cant draft a team of scorers as there's only one ball on the court (as far as i know), you probably want some guys grabbing rebounds and playing defence as well.

Easy. Draft 4 scorers, and then use your 5th round pick on a 2nd basketball. Isaiah Thomas FTW!

nice ;-D

Or....I will just build the Portland Trailblazers and call it a job well done ;-)
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Postby Coast to Coast » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:58 pm

Hey guys...where do we submit our picks...what is the central location? thanks ;-D
Coast to Coast
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Rizzo » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Coast to Coast wrote:Hey guys...where do we submit our picks...what is the central location? thanks ;-D

Round 1 thread in this forum. :-)
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to FBC Reshuffle