C- Joakim Noah (4.12), 6'11" PF/C
B- Brandon Bass (6.12), 6'8" PF
B- Bostjan Nachbar (7.19) 6'9" SF
B- Vlad Radmanovic (8.12) 6'10" PF
B- Anthony Carter (9.19) 6'2" PG
B- Elton Brown (10.12) 6'9" PF/C
B- Tony Battie (11.19) 6'11" PF/C
B- Fred Jones (12.12) 6'2" SG

My starting 5 and 6th man Bass should be pretty damn good. On my bench we have Nachbar who has defected to Europe. Vlad Rad is still pretty much what I expected. Carter is a decent backup. Brown was a mistake. Battie is on his way out. And I'm not sure where Fred Jones is anymore.
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:53 pm

Building up my post count. :-b
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Postby silentjim » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:56 pm

PG: Chauncey Billups (1.24)
SG: Rudy Gay (2.07)
SF: Thaddeus Young (6.07)
PF: Antawn Jamison (3.24)
C: Spencer Hawes (7.24)
BN: Travis Outlaw (4.07)
BN: Daniel Gibson (5.24)
BN: Erick Dampier (8.07)
BN: Travis Diener (9.24)
BN: Cheikh Samb (10.07)
BN: Josh McRoberts (11.24)
BN: Chris Quinn (12.07)

I still like my team too. The end of my bench is about useless now, but my starting five could make a nice push into the playoffs I think. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby nebgib5 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:06 pm

PG: Jose Calderon (2.03)
SG: Josh Howard (1.28)
SF: Andrea Bargnani (4.03)
PF: Antonio McDyess (5.28)
C: Eddy Curry (6.03)
BN: Sean Williams (3.28)
BN: Marco Belinelli (7.28)
BN: Earl Watson (8.03)
BN: Wilson Chandler (9.28)
BN: Jermareo Davidson (10.03)
BN: Stephen Graham (11.28)
BN: Yakhouba Diawara (12.03)

God, my team is a mess. :-b Josh Howard as my first rounder. 8-o Bargnani and Chandler might have ended up being decent value though.
nebgib5
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:04 pm

nebgib5 wrote:PG: Jose Calderon (2.03)
SG: Josh Howard (1.28)
SF: Andrea Bargnani (4.03)
PF: Antonio McDyess (5.28)
C: Eddy Curry (6.03)
BN: Sean Williams (3.28)
BN: Marco Belinelli (7.28)
BN: Earl Watson (8.03)
BN: Wilson Chandler (9.28)
BN: Jermareo Davidson (10.03)
BN: Stephen Graham (11.28)
BN: Yakhouba Diawara (12.03)

God, my team is a mess. :-b Josh Howard as my first rounder. 8-o Bargnani and Chandler might have ended up being decent value though.

Haha...I remember when you picked up Chandler. I DESPERATELY wanted him at my next pick but he exploded for a couple of nice games his rookie season...
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:09 am

Hmm...I'd take my starting 5 over any of you any day of the week!!!

PG: Lou Williams
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Ron Artest
PF: Carl Landry
C: Marcus Camby
RedHopeful

Postby Coast to Coast » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:37 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Hmm...I'd take my starting 5 over any of you any day of the week!!!

PG: Lou Williams
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Ron Artest
PF: Carl Landry
C: Marcus Camby

Red - just found this old post....I would probably start Telfair or Crawford at PG rather than Acie Law, but my team would still absolutely dominate..Better than any team in the NBA right now, including the stocked Lakers, Celtics and Magic...and way better than the current LeBron Cavs team... :-b

Coast to Coast wrote:Image

Brooklyn never looked so good. With 19 million people in New York–Northern New Jersey and Long Island, the Tri-State Region is the most populous metropolitan area in the US and one of the most populous in the world. 19 million people ACHING for a championship, which they haven't seen since the Knicks in 1973. Who better to deliver that championship than the King himself -- LeBron James.

LeBron, in his short, impressive and highly successful career, has never been blessed with the supporting roster the Nets have assembled, a wildly athletic and talented team, infused with youth at all positions with a few solid veterans to ensure poise and grace in the heat of the playoffs.

First, the Brooklyn Nets roster and depth chart.

PG- Acie Law IV (6.28) 23 years old; 6'3,195 lbs.,Texas A&M, #11 draft pick
SG- Vince Carter (2.28) 31 years old; 6'6, 220 lbs., North Carolina, #5 draft pick
SF- LeBron James (1.03) 23 years old, 6'8, 240 lbs., High School, #1 draft pick
PF- Zach Randolph (4.28) 26 years old, 6'9, 260 lbs., Michigan State, #19 draft pick
C-Andrew Bogut (3.03) 23 years old, 7'0, 245 lbs., Utah, #1 draft pick
B-Jamal Crawford (5.03) - PG/SG Sixth man 28 years old, 6'5, 190 lbs., Michigan, #8 draft pick
B-Shelden Williams (7.03) - PF/C 24 years old, 6'9, 250 lbs., Duke, #5 draft pick
B- Sebastian Telfair (8.28) - PG 22 years old, 6'0, 168 lbs., High School, #13 draft pick
B- Mouhamed Saer Sene (9.03) - C 21 years old, 7'0, 235 lbs., High School, #10 draft pick
B- Quentin Richardson (10.28) - SF 27 years old, 6'6, 235 lbs., DePaul, #18 draft pick
B- Sam Cassell (11.03) - PG 38 years old, 6'3, 185 lbs, Florida State, #24 draft pick
B- Raef LaFrentz (12.28) - PF/C 31 years old, 6'11, 245 lbs., Kasnas, #3 draft pick

Nets Depth chart:
PG: Acie Law, Sebastian Telfair, Sam Cassell, Jamal Crawford
SG: Vince Carter, Jamal Crawford, Sam Cassell
SF: LeBron James, Quentin Richardson, Vince Carter
PF: Zach Randolph, Shelden Williams, Raef LaFrenz
C: Andrew Bogut, Mouhamed Saer Sene, Raef LaFrenz

Up and down the roster, Nets are overflowing with talent. Every single member of the Nets was chosen in the FIRST ROUND of the NBA draft at an average drafting position of 9.8, seven top ten picks and two #1 overall picks. Half of the roster is 24 and under. Excluding 38 year old championship winner backup PG Cassell, the average age of the roster is a spry 26 years old (27 with Cassell).

Big Three Anchors the Team. An offensive juggernaut for sure, but also strong defenders at each position to dominate both ends of the floor. I sport a "Big Three" (King James, Vinsanity, Zach Randolph) which rivals the famed "Big Three" of the 2008 Celtics (Garnett, Allen, Pierce). Comparing like years (2006-7), before the Celtics Big3 were reunited, the Nets Big Three actually made MORE FGs, had MORE points per game, MORE assists per game and were virtually identical in rebounds. My big three combined per game average (27.6 FGs, 76.2 points; 13.0 assists; 22.8 rebounds) vs. the Celtics Big3 (25.5 FGs; 73.8 points; 12.4 assists; 23.2 rebounds). Bet you are surprised. Who would have thought?

Now, add to that ---> #1 NBA draft pick and 23 year old seven footer Andrew Bogut, who averaged 14.4 ppg, 9.8 rpg and 1.7 bpg.

Now, add to that ---> not one, but two incredibly young and talented playmakers, 22 year old BROOKLYN NATIVE hometown hero Brooklyn's own Sebastian Telfair, who averaged 6.2 assists in 50+ games this years as a starter and 23 year old Acie Law, the 11th pick in last year's draft who is a solid, smart PG with great ballhandling skills.

Now, add to that ---> a leading sixth man - Jamal Crawford - who this year averaged 20.6 ppg, 5.0 apg, 2.2 3pt per game and 1 spg. Jamal will spend his time working his magic against the second unit to keep the crazy fireworks going non-stop.

Now, add to that ---> THREE strong DEFENSIVE minded bigs - Shelden Williams, a former Duke BlueDevil and #5 pick in 2006 draft who is a young, high upside defensive PF beast and two seven footers who know how to rebound and block shots - Mouhamed Sene (9.0 rpg and 1.7 bpg) and Raef LaFrenz (career 6.1 rpg and 1.6 bpg) to augment offensive-minded Zach Randolph who despite his offensive focus, still averaged 10.3 rebounds this year.

Now, add to that ---> a hurricane of solid three point shooters - LeBron, Vince, Jamal, Quentin Richardson (former NBA 3pt shootout champion in 2005) and one of the greatest 3pt shooting 7 footers to ever play the game (a la Sabonis and Dirk) 31 year old Raef LaFrenz.

Now, add to that ---> the glue - one of the smartest playmakers and best scorers in the NBA - Sam I Am Cassell - a proven championship winner, a bundle of energy and the best motivator who will coach, teach and prod my young PGs and keep my youthful energetic roster focused on the prize - an NBA championship for the tri-state area

Under the leadership of the fiercely determined LeBron James, who NEVER in his short career had even a modicum of the talent he has on my Nets team (except in the Olympics and All-Star game appearances). My opponents will dread playing my Nets because you can NEVER afford to double team because my BIG4 (don't forget Bogut) will make you pay.....

Talk about tough matchups for opponents...-- LeBron is a nightmare matchup for anyone, including Artest and Bruce Bowen
-- Vince Carter, an incredible playmaker, for the first time is his storied All-Star career, no longer gets the top defender - WATCH OUT!!!
-- Zach Randolph - a perennial 20/10 threat and a young defensive monster Shelden Williams to spell Zach and contain tougher PF matchups
-- Jamal Crawford and Quentin Richardson - two legitimate starting NBA players now feasting against the second unit
-- FOUR versatile seven footers, all of which can block and rebound, and one of whom averages 10 ppg, another which is deadly behind the arc
-- Two 6 foot 3, decent size PGs (Acie and Cassell) and one lighting quick hometown hero, young playmaker in Telfair

This team is built to win now AND for the next ten years. With only 1 player over 31, Nets have the best combination of win now mentality AND significant youth to build a dynasty around. 19 million people in the Tri-State area will rally behind the King and Vinsanity to bring a ring for the first time in 25 years.
More to Come!
Coast to Coast
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:25 pm

Coast to Coast wrote:Red - just found this old post....I would probably start Telfair or Crawford at PG rather than Acie Law, but my team would still absolutely dominate..Better than any team in the NBA right now, including the stocked Lakers, Celtics and Magic...and way better than the current LeBron Cavs team... :-b

Lol - Zach has indeed been a revelation and Bogut, when he's been motivated, has been solid. However, Carter has lost his vinsanity and your PG's would get ravaged! }:-)
RedHopeful

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:01 am

Just kicking the tires.
RedHopeful

Postby Coast to Coast » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:37 am

RedHopeful wrote:
Coast to Coast wrote:Red - just found this old post....I would probably start Telfair or Crawford at PG rather than Acie Law, but my team would still absolutely dominate..Better than any team in the NBA right now, including the stocked Lakers, Celtics and Magic...and way better than the current LeBron Cavs team... :-b

Lol - Zach has indeed been a revelation and Bogut, when he's been motivated, has been solid. However, Carter has lost his vinsanity and your PG's would get ravaged! }:-)

Red, we would be fine. This team would never lose a game. Jamal Crawford could run the point. Lebron could be a point forward. Zach is a monster. Bogut is a force. Regarding Carter, Orlando obviously felt strong enough to dump Turkoglu and go for broke with Vince. On this team, he could play a similar, maybe even smaller role in the offense, given LeBron, Crawford, Zach and Bogut.

This team would be a dynasty....
Coast to Coast
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Reshuffle