Draft Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Reshuffle

Draft Discussion

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, mbuser, jphanned

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:54 am

Coast to Coast wrote:Red, we would be fine. This team would never lose a game. Jamal Crawford could run the point. Lebron could be a point forward. Zach is a monster. Bogut is a force. Regarding Carter, Orlando obviously felt strong enough to dump Turkoglu and go for broke with Vince. On this team, he could play a similar, maybe even smaller role in the offense, given LeBron, Crawford, Zach and Bogut.

This team would be a dynasty....

Don't think dynasty is the right word here. To have Crawford, Randolph, Carter and Bogut all healthy and on the same page is quite a tall order. Not to mention the rest of your team would need a major facelift. O:-)

Seriously, props to you for your incredible foresight on putting this core together. ;-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RedHopeful » Fri May 21, 2010 7:57 pm

We really should do another one of these - maybe during the middle of this upcoming season?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby plonden » Fri May 21, 2010 9:36 pm

RedHopeful wrote:We really should do another one of these - maybe during the middle of this upcoming season?

I was thinking that too. I would be down with during the offseason or during the regular season. I'd like to draft my team from start to finish as opposed to taking one over midway.
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:01 am

B-)
RedHopeful

Postby RobitusinZ » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:04 am

Bosh to the Heat.

I broke the news here first, people. I broke the news.

(Looking back at my Heat roster...there's a chance AI and Ridnour can be on here too. And look, Big Baby is on my bench, so is JChill...not superstars, but dudes doing pretty well for themselves)
thanks for the sig, soty!

"It takes more than mathematical strategies to beat me." - Shaquille "The Big Aristotle" O'Neal
RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nene » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:47 am

Revisiting my team:

PG- Joe Johnson (2.12), 6'7" PG/SG/SF => Just got signed to a monster contract he probably doesn't deserve
SG- Kelenna Azubuike (5.19), 6'5" SG/SF => Should see a good opportunity in NY, if they don't deal him
SF- Hedo Turkoglu (3.19), 6'10" SF/SG => Hopefully he returns to form in PHX
PF- Carlos Boozer (1.19), 6'8" PF/C => Still worth the 19th pick that I took him at. In real life, not fantasy, 20-10 threats are valuable.
C- Joakim Noah (4.12), 6'11" PF/C => Developing into a great rebounder and shot blocker.
B- Brandon Bass (6.12), 6'8" PF => Sat an entire season on a contender
B- Bostjan Nachbar (7.19) 6'9" SF => Europe
B- Vlad Radmanovic (8.12) 6'10" PF => Still a good chucker to bring off the bench
B- Anthony Carter (9.19) 6'2" PG => Solid backup PG, returned to Denver
B- Elton Brown (10.12) 6'9" PF/C => Never played in the NBA, never will
B- Tony Battie (11.19) 6'11" PF/C => Injured all last year, probably has another season or two left in the tank
B- Fred Jones (12.12) 6'2" SG => No idea what happened. He's not in the NBA anymore, though.
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Following Nene's lead:

Jamaal Tinsley (6.26) - nothing like an experienced bust
Kobe Bryant (1.05) - up to five championship rings
Ron Artest (2.26) - he CAN win alongside Kobe you naysayers!
Marcus Camby (3.05) - still going strong
Nenad Krstic (4.26) - serviceable big body
Louis Williams (5.05) - would likely see most of the minutes at PG
Carl Landry (7.05) - would get significant run moving Camby over to Center
Matt Carroll (8.26) - fell off a ledge, no?
Charlie Bell (9.05) - serviceable backup
Aaron Gray (10.26) - still playing in the NBA
Kris Humphries (11.05) - serviceable PF
Mike James (12.26) - off to the junkyard
RedHopeful

Postby silentjim » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:49 pm

PG: Chauncey Billups (1.24) - Still a great leader for a team. Has a few years left of being a game changer.
SG: Rudy Gay (2.07) - Like Joe Johnson, signed a massive contract. I like him alongside Billups
SF: Thaddeus Young (6.07) - Last year in Philly was a disaster for all involved. Things should turn around
PF: Antawn Jamison (3.24) - Again, as a third option I like Jamison
C: Spencer Hawes (7.24) - Hopefully Hawes starts getting screwed around with and can play well for once
BN: Travis Outlaw (4.07) - Great 6th man, could possibly start for a lot of teams
BN: Daniel Gibson (5.24) - Three point shooters off the bench are always clutch
BN: Erick Dampier (8.07) - Nice grizzled veteran to go with the inconsistency Hawes might bring
BN: Travis Diener (9.24) - Blah!
BN: Cheikh Samb (10.07) - Technically on the Raptos summer league roster this season, but it might have been too big of a project
BN: Josh McRoberts (11.24) - On occasion he does show some decent skill set. Only time will tell.
BN: Chris Quinn (12.07) - Another Blah! My backup guards are weak to say the least.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby Nene » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:15 pm

silentjim wrote:PG: Chauncey Billups (1.24) - Still a great leader for a team. Has a few years left of being a game changer.
SG: Rudy Gay (2.07) - Like Joe Johnson, signed a massive contract. I like him alongside Billups
SF: Thaddeus Young (6.07) - Last year in Philly was a disaster for all involved. Things should turn around
C: Spencer Hawes (7.24) - Hopefully Hawes starts getting screwed around with and can play well for once
BN: Travis Outlaw (4.07) - Great 6th man, could possibly start for a lot of teams
BN: Erick Dampier (8.07) - Nice grizzled veteran to go with the inconsistency Hawes might bring
BN: Cheikh Samb (10.07) - Technically on the Raptos summer league roster this season, but it might have been too big of a project
BN: Josh McRoberts (11.24) - On occasion he does show some decent skill set. Only time will tell.
BN: Chris Quinn (12.07) - Another Blah! My backup guards are weak to say the least.

Josh McRoberts love:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4164 ... is-a-beast

I watched him in summer league and he became one of my favorite players. I compare him to a horrible version of Bill Laimbeer.
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Nene wrote:
silentjim wrote:PG: Chauncey Billups (1.24) - Still a great leader for a team. Has a few years left of being a game changer.

Josh McRoberts love:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4164 ... is-a-beast

I watched him in summer league and he became one of my favorite players. I compare him to a horrible version of Bill Laimbeer.

Nice. Saw him play in high school a lot when I was in college in Indianapolis. At one point he played Oden in high school and there was all kinds of talk about who would be the better college and NBA player. Oden has obviously had some of his own issues, but its pretty obvious he's still winning the race by a ton.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Reshuffle