Return to FBC Reshuffle

Draft Discussion

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, mbuser, jphanned

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby The Thrill » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Bummer. Was hoping Wade would have lasted to #7. :-[
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 252)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Rizzo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:01 pm

I'm just wondering how the Lakers could have taken Wade with someone else on the board... 8-o
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ggs » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Rizzo wrote:I'm just wondering how the Lakers could have taken Wade with someone else on the board... 8-o

you're doing everything you can but mention names right? :D
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 133)

Postby Rizzo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:29 pm

ggs wrote:
Rizzo wrote:I'm just wondering how the Lakers could have taken Wade with someone else on the board... 8-o

you're doing everything you can but mention names right? :D

I haven't mentioned a name yet. ;-)

But I think everyone in this draft knows who i am talking about and he's not a sleeper, so it's not like I'm taking away a sleek pick in a later round to help someone build their team. This guy everyone knows should be a top pick, so I'm sure everyone that has selected thus far has already considered taking him.
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jphanned » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:31 pm

Rizzo wrote:But I think everyone in this draft knows who i am talking about and he's not a sleeper, so it's not like I'm taking away a sleek pick in a later round to help someone build their team. This guy everyone knows should be a top pick, so I'm sure everyone that has selected thus far has already considered taking him.

That is completely unacceptable Rizzo. He is not a top 29 player in anyone's book except for mine. Thanks for giving people outlandish ideas and ruining my chances. :-)
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 333)

Postby ggs » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:37 pm

Rounders Block wrote:
Rizzo wrote:But I think everyone in this draft knows who i am talking about and he's not a sleeper, so it's not like I'm taking away a sleek pick in a later round to help someone build their team. This guy everyone knows should be a top pick, so I'm sure everyone that has selected thus far has already considered taking him.

That is completely unacceptable Rizzo. He is not a top 29 player in anyone's book except for mine. Thanks for giving people outlandish ideas and ruining my chances. :-)

rofl pick 30 :D
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 133)

Postby Legia13 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:21 pm

So far only real surprise, IMO, is Paul being taken before Wade/Lebron. It wasn't a bad pick by any means, but I'm just surprised and intrigued that it happened. The owner gave a very good explanation that definitely made it clear why he made the pick.

Hopefully with today being a weekend we can get through a couple more picks because I'm very anxious to see who is still left at my ten spot.. :-o
You mess with the best you die like the resT

Legia13
College Captain
College Captain

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rizzo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:22 pm

Should be interesting to see how you ruin... errr... build your team with picks #30 & #31. ;-)
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

Postby nebgib5 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:37 pm

I'm particularly interested to see how well the teams that pick at the end of the first round are able to hang with the teams that picked at the beginning. There's no doubt that in the NBA, much more so than in fantasy (where efficiency is highly valued) having one dominant player can take you a ways (see Cavs, 2006-2007). I'm kind of scared about what is going to be left at 28/33. It will be interesting to see how closely people's rankings of the teams mimics the draft order.
nebgib5
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby nebgib5 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:06 pm

Nene wrote:I just ranked my top 127.

Different than fantasy, to be sure. And a lot of prospecting.

That is pretty intense, Nene. Remember to PM us some of those picks when your turn is coming up, because you'd hate to end up with the top guy based on PER after going to all that work. ;-D
nebgib5
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Reshuffle