ROUND 3 - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Reshuffle

ROUND 3

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, mbuser, jphanned

Re: ROUND 3

Postby RobitusinZ » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:37 pm

With pick 3.11, the Miami Heat select Josh Childress.
thanks for the sig, soty!

"It takes more than mathematical strategies to beat me." - Shaquille "The Big Aristotle" O'Neal
RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Legia13 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:53 pm

3.10 Chicago Bulls select:

Lamar Odom, Forward

Sorry for the delay.
You mess with the best you die like the resT

Legia13
College Captain
College Captain

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby statsman88 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:14 pm

3.12 Ben Gordon-SG

I have reunited Gordon and Okafor and thrown in Timmy Duncan for good measure. With my inside game sealed up, I needed to get a player who can score from outside to open the offense up, and Ben Gordon is a young guy who fills those needs. Gordon is a pure scorer who is known for his perimeter jumpshot, but can also take it to the rim, plus he is also one of the most clutch players in the NBA today.
statsman88
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Writer
Location: Counting down the days till Barkely gets fired via Imus

Postby sabonis » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:24 pm

3.13 Monta Ellis - SG

don't have time to write up something about him. but I guess he is a great young talent who can mesh with harris and durant.
both harris and monta are slashers. who'll create open jump shots or free layups/dunks for others. I like this idea a lot.
sabonis
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:17 am

SG: Ray Allen

Teams up with Marion and Brand to form the new "Big 3."
2006-2007 Overall H2H record: 561-369-15; The #'s don't lie.
Kingctb27
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby the one » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:38 am

3.15 Randy Foye- PG

With two young guys in my frontcourt, it is time to get another promising young guy in the backcourt. There was a lot of excitment about Foye in the preseason. The injury set him back but we are about to see what he can do. Foye can shoot from the outside to give room to Jefferson/Horford or he can drive it to the hoop. Scoring won't be a problem for him. More of a scorer than a distributer, I hope he can learn to distribute the ball with more experience. I really don't know much about his defense. From what I have read he isn't bad and hopefully he can improve in that area with more seasoning. Best of all at age 24, he will age with Jefferson 23 and Horford 21.
the one
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Rizzo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:41 pm

3.16 Zydrunas Ilgauskas - Philadelphia 76ers

Not exactly where we wanted to go with this pick, hoping that Camby, Dalembert or Bogut fell to us, but Zydrunas was the best big man available, so we had to jump on him. He's a tough matchup for opposing centers due to his size and outside jumpshot, but loves to get physical and is a good defender.
Rizzo
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby geodbear » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:21 pm

The Atlanta Hawks select...

3.17 Mike Bibby, PG

At 29 years of age and 10 years in the league with playoff experience, Bibby will provide veteran leadership. Coming back from under-performing due to various injuries over the past two years, a change in scenery should also help for the 2008-2009 season.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 237)

Postby tianyi86 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:27 pm

The New York Knicks select...

3.18 Jason Terry

Drafting terry at this spot serves three purposes. The first is that it adds some veteran experience and especially at the point position to run the offense. Many believe that terry is more of a scoring guard than an actual point guard but remember that before Devin Harris, Terry was the point guard in Dallas and back in his hawks days, he was an above average passer.

The second purpose is that terry stretches the opposing defense to guard against the 3. Bynum is obviously not an outside threat and I would argue that Tmac is not an outside threat either as his true range maxes at about 20 ft, a little bit less than the NBA three.

The third purpose is that terry adds some speed to the current Knicks roster, which is a little on the slow side. Some people attribute bynum's current success due to the Laker's slashers which give him open dunks. Although the highlights you see of Jason is mostly about his 3 pointers, but for those that have watched mavs game would know that Jason can indeed go through lanes for the basket.

We feel that Terry can provide some offensive spark if needed and run an efficient offense for the Knicks.
tianyi86
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mbuser » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:09 pm

gave Nene as much time as i was able to..

3.20 -- utah jazz select Mike Miller (6'8, 218, 27 years old)

i love miller's flexibility and his 3PT prowess (career 40.1%) will help take pressure off of both roy and aldridge. he doesn't exactly help the team defense situation, but i've now got three players that can play multiple positions and miller's offensive game is about as multi-faceted as it gets
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Reshuffle