Note The Rule Change - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Reshuffle

Note The Rule Change

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, mbuser, jphanned

Note The Rule Change

Postby nebgib5 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:43 pm

Executive Decision: PER will no longer be immediately used to pick for people who miss their picks. After 12 hours have elapsed, the next person is on the clock. After 24 hours the person after that is on the clock, etc. Missed picks can be made up at any time, and the mods will make any outstanding picks on the basis of PER at the end of each round.
nebgib5
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Note The Rule Change

Postby kingmob6 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:24 pm

With the way this draft is slowing down, it might take years to complete it. Its taking longer than 24hrs just to get one pick done. I think the moderators should go back to making it 12 hrs, and then automatic pick.
kingmob6
College Captain
College Captain

Postby sabonis » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:16 pm

what is the difference between the two. in fact skipping is a lot better for the pace of the draft...
sabonis
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Thrill » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:40 pm

kingmob6 wrote:With the way this draft is slowing down, it might take years to complete it. Its taking longer than 24hrs just to get one pick done. I think the moderators should go back to making it 12 hrs, and then automatic pick.

Actually, we're averaging a pick every 4.67 hours. We started on 1/4/08 @ 12:47PM. The most recent pick was 1/23/08 @ 7:07PM. That's 462.33 hours and 99 picks have been made. So, we've actually averaged a pick every 4.67 hours. I think our pace is just fine.

ROUND 1 average pick = 4.70 hours
ROUND 2 average pick = 3.21 hours
ROUND 3 average pick = 5.58 hours (for 28 picks, exclude koven and RB)
ROUND 4 average pick = 3.43 hours (for 9 picks so far)

Keep in mind, this is not some 12 team fantasy league snake draft. There's 30 teams involved. Over double what you're probably use to. The time it takes to snake back to you between rounds is simply going to be longer. :-?

As an aside, the next pick is pick #100! No bonus points unfortunately, just something very cool. B-) :-D
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 263)

Postby sabonis » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:53 pm

7 picks a day is a good pace

right now we're only at 5 which actually is slow.

we're gonna have 8 more rounds (if our rosters will consist of 12 players) meaning 240 picks. so at 5 picks a day that makes almost 50 days (if we calculate the slowing down after the 7th round, it could even take 70 days) which is a very long period.

round 3 was really slow.
sabonis
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby kingmob6 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:50 pm

Just when I posted it, the 4th round took off with 9 picks. Just before that, between pick 26-30 it took like a week it seemed. I don't have a problem with the new rule, but that was a ridiculous stretch.
kingmob6
College Captain
College Captain

Postby nebgib5 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:09 pm

New rule shouldn't be a problem, assuming everybody knows their 12 times table. :-D
nebgib5
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:37 am

The Thrill wrote:Actually, we're averaging a pick every 4.67 hours. We started on 1/4/08 @ 12:47PM. The most recent pick was 1/23/08 @ 7:07PM. That's 462.33 hours and 99 picks have been made. So, we've actually averaged a pick every 4.67 hours. I think our pace is just fine.

ROUND 1 average pick = 4.70 hours
ROUND 2 average pick = 3.21 hours
ROUND 3 average pick = 5.58 hours (for 28 picks, exclude koven and RB)
ROUND 4 average pick = 3.43 hours (for 9 picks so far)

Next time I need some numbers crunched, I know who I'm going to! :-b
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Return to FBC Reshuffle