Pick #30: Raptors (ggs)

Picks should be made in this format:
1.01 Danny Ainge, SG

You have 12 hours to make each pick.

PM THE NEXT PERSON IN LINE.
nebgib5
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: ROUND 6

Postby blamer » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:10 pm

Here comes my next pick.

With the pick 6.02 the Chorlatte Bobcats selects:

Morris Peterson

I guess I should've been backing up my bigs but I just didn't wanted to miss out MoPete. He is a good veteran who can shoot the three ball and unlike Dunleavy, he is a decent defender. He can back up both SG, SF spots and can be a veteran presence. He should be getting enough playing time, backing up both Iggy and Dunleavy so hopefully, he will provide this team some scoring punch of the bench.
blamer
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Graphics Expert

Postby nebgib5 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm

The Boston Celtics select:

6.03 Eddy (Mc)Curry, C

Testimonials:

The Thrill wrote:And I would agree to some degree what you're suggesting that Eddy Curry isn't the end-all-terminal-cancer that some suggest he is. However, it's all relative to your competition quite frankly.

mbuser wrote:throwing curry into a starting five would dramatically changes things no matter where you place him, since he needs the ball so much, turns it over a ton, plays no defense, etc

Humdinger wrote:He doesn't hustle for rebounds, doesn't get blocks, and barely scrapes a steal every now and then. So how exactly is he a "top 5" center again?

mbuser wrote:tell me one thing outside of scoring in the post -- one -- that eddy curry does at a high level. once you are done, i'll tell you all the aspects of his game that are average or worse

the one wrote:What Curry does well
score in the low post

What Curry does satisfactory
nothing

What Curry does poorly
Rebound
mid range shooting
defense- ALL aspects
hanging onto the ball
passing

Thomas Paine's Obituary wrote:Eddy Curry has lived long, done some good and much harm.

bokzg wrote:Curry is ATROCIOUS in EVERY category except scoring from within 10 feet of the basket.

Rounders Block wrote:Curry makes Amare look like Tim Duncan on the defensive end.

charliebrown2 wrote:I understand when people argue about Kobe to no ends....but Eddy Curry? WOW. I never thought anyone can aruge for Eddy Curry

ed wrote:Curry couldn't guard the worst WNBA center.

nebgib5 wrote:You can see what great lengths I will go to to hate on Curry.
nebgib5
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby deadshot11 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:34 pm

The Los Angeles Clippers select:

6.05 Zaza Pachulia C (6'11" 280 lbs. about to turn 24 years old)

It's amazing that Zaza's only turning 24 since he's been the in league for 5 years already. He's still very young and getting better as player, yet he has a good amount of experience as well, essentially playing professional basketball since he was 16. He has a big frame, can rebound alright (and is improving), can score inside, passes well out of the post, has a great basketball IQ, can handle the ball, and he's got good hands on defense. He's not a traditional shot blocking center, but rather strips the ball and comes up with a good amount of steals. He has been set back this current season by a few injuries, hampering his production numbers, but he does not have a history of injuries and is expected to bounce back at full force. He also has a great work ethic and consistently works hard on his game to improve as a player.

With the big bodies left in the draft, Zaza fits well with the Clippers organization. He'll be a solid starting center for years to come. He doesn't need to be a wowing shot blocker, as we already have a good amount of length on defense and don't expect any of our perimeter players to be constantly getting beat on defense. He also has very good interior scoring skills, which will free up our other creative scorers in Pierce and Davis. He doesn't give us a hugely outstanding interior defense, but I believe our overall team defense will still be very good. Zaza does give us one of the most potent offenses in the league. Scoring can come from anywhere at anytime, and the Clippers are full of team players who can help create for themselves and also get teammates involved. He gives us a very balanced team on both ends of the floor, and a roster full of great players whose games compliment each other's well.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Yilun » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:00 pm

With the 6th pick of the 6th round, the Golden State Warriors select:

6.06: Nate Robinson
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Postby silentjim » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:35 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers select:

6.07 Thaddeus Young - SF, PF

I probably should be taking a center right now, but who cares. Young is 19, 6'8", and 220lbs. He and Outlaw will be the two best forwards coming off of anyones bench, and once Jamison gets too old to play, he'll become one of the premier forwards in the game.

My favorite part about him is that he is a good person and intelligent. His father coached college basketball, he has a GPA over 4.0, and everyone's comparing him to Paul Pierce.

The potential is limitless IMO and did I forget to mention he's a lefty? :-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby Humdinger » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:49 pm

6.08 The Bucks select PF Channing Frye

He will be turning 25 later this year, giving him plenty of time to develop into a great player. He is a solid big man who can play both the 4 and 5, and can come off the bench and give good minutes. He is an above average foul shooter, and can play both the post and hit the mid-range jumper

We thought long and hard about going with a 3 point shooter with this pick, but solid big men are becoming harder and harder to come by, and there will be shooters left later in the draft.

I'm fairly confident we have one of the youngest teams in the league, but each and everyone of them play like vets already.
Humdinger
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby fbc_fan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:41 am

With the 9th pick in the sixth round the Seattle Supersonics select:

6.09, Nick Collison, PF/C

he won't even have to change uniforms. :-D collison can play both the 4 and 5 in a pinch and start at either, though i get the feeling that he's more adept at playing the 4 due to his size. regardless of what he is better at doing, my team needed some size, a good backup/sixth man for the pf/c spots and another guy who can score inside to compliment my jumpshooters. collison fits well with those needs and covers injuries to smooth and darko as he has shown that he can be consistent as a starter. while he isn't an animal in the post, he can still get it done and is very competent at grabbing offensive rebounds. considering there are going to be missed shots from all my jumpshooters, i feel this pick is warranted. he's neither here or there on defense, but he certainly won't kill the team in that area.
^^^thanks to Idahofan1 for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
College Captain
College Captain

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Aftermath » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:52 am

Well I have most of my pieces in place. I have a nice solid foundation of veterans (Nash, Bowen, Fisher) and players nearing their prime (West and Garcia), so I really wanted to get a spark in this round. I do believe Garcia is going to be huge for us (19 points a game when averages 30min), but as Hopeful pointed out I need someone with athletisim/playmaking abilities, that Nash can just lob it up too(ie Marion). So for the 10th pick in the 6th round THe Rockets select...

TREVOR ARIZA

Yeah a little to early, but I had to get him. He is 22, athletic, lanky and very raw. However my team wants to win now, so when drafting these "potential guys", I made sure he could play defense and score in the paint. He doesn't have the greatest jumper (I have Garcia and Bowen), but he is an amazing defender with great hands. He is an excellent rebounder and an excellent finisher.

THe scary thing is he hasn't had a mentor when he was with the Knicks and Magic. He will become a great player under Bowen's watch.
Aftermath
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby geodbear » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:47 am

I'm going with my first really young/potential player, so...

The Atlanta Hawks select Atlanta native Javaris Crittenton.

Good size, athleticism, handle, quickness, plus the bonus of being a hometown player. Despite what Iavaroni says, he can be and should be developed to be a point guard, though he has the scoring ability and size to play the 2. He needs to develop his decision making. Coming out of high school, he was ranked ahead of Conley.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 237)

Next

Return to FBC Reshuffle