ROUND 9 - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Reshuffle

ROUND 9

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, mbuser, jphanned

Re: ROUND 9

Postby statsman88 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:12 pm

9.12 Sasha Pavlovic

I think I got a big steal here with Pavlovic, now that he's healthy he's back to the level he was at before and he can score in bunches. I could actually start him and bring Gordon off the bench if I want
statsman88
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Counting down the days till Barkely gets fired via Imus

Postby sabonis » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:35 pm

9.13 - C.J. Miles
sabonis
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kingctb27 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:43 am

9.14 WALTER HERRMANN!!!

;-D O:-) :-o :-D
2006-2007 Overall H2H record: 561-369-15; The #'s don't lie.
Kingctb27
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby the one » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:16 pm

9.15 shaun livingston PG 6'7
the one
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby plonden » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:48 pm

9.16, Chuck Hayes, PF
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 51)

Postby geodbear » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:14 pm

The Atlanta Hawks select...

9.17 Ian Mahinmi, PF/C

The Hawks need front court help and going with a young prospec is the best option at this point in the draft. Mahinmi, who's only 21 years old, was drafted by the Spurs late first round in the 2005 draft and stayed overseas until this season where he has spent much of the time in the NBDL and has averaged 16.6 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 1.5 bpg, and 1.5 spg on 62% fg and 77.4% ft for the Austin Toros. He's got a good frame, length, and athleticism at 6'10" and 230 lb. Given the Spurs track record for scouting and drafting foreign players, there is much optimism surrounding Mahinmi.

From Draft Express on his play in the NDBL:

"When on the court, he shows excellent footwork on the low block, and improving touch with his right handed hook. Mahinmi also looks comfortable stepping out and hitting a jumper at times, though his future in the NBA lies in the paint. Few young big men in the NBA have the tools of Mahinmi, and the playing time in the D-League has helped greatly with his comfort level on the court. He could crack the Spurs rotation as soon as next season, and he will start in the NBA some day if he remains on his current developmental track."

and:

"Mahinmi has everything it takes physically to play in the NBA, from his strong frame and long arms to his excellent vertical leaping ability. On the low block, the rookie can score using a right handed jump hook with consistency, and he also looked comfortable knocking down the open 12 footer. He has made much progress with his footwork since joining Austin ... There are a few areas Mahinmi needs to work on before he can be called a rotation player in the NBA. He must become a better rebounder, and rely less on his physical tools in this area. The rookie has the leaping ability and length to become a very good NBA rebounder, but is not near physical enough when it comes to boxing out and fighting for boards. Mahinmi’s length and leaping ability allow him to change a lot of shots, but he must learn proper help defense rotations to be effective in this area. With his offensive game and physical tools, Mahinmi looks to be a lock to become at least a decent player in the NBA."
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 219)

Postby tianyi86 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:15 pm

9.18 Eddie House
tianyi86
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RobitusinZ » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:38 pm

9.11 Ronnie Price

Chris Paul's back up was taken earlier this round, and I figured Deron's back up wouldn't be a bad choice to have as a back up PG on my team. Price was able to take the back up PG spot from another guy, and has shown some nice flashes. I wanted either a backup PG, or a vet big man here, and decided to go with the PG, since I could grab the big guys later.
thanks for the sig, soty!

"It takes more than mathematical strategies to beat me." - Shaquille "The Big Aristotle" O'Neal
RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nene » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:45 pm

9.19 Anthony Carter

This gives me a solid proven backup at the PG position.
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mbuser » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:32 am

9.20 Earl Boykins, PG (5'5, 133 lbs, 31 years old)

he'll help up the scoring potential of the second unit and bring the average heighth of the team down significantly
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Reshuffle