Who does G-State Draft? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Who does G-State Draft?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Who does G-State Draft?

Postby big.d57 » Tue May 27, 2008 1:26 am

Who do you think would be the best pick for the Golden State Warriors.
Last edited by big.d57 on Tue May 27, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Courtesy of Blamer
big.d57
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Who do G-State Draft?

Postby jphanned » Tue May 27, 2008 1:08 pm

Here you go. ;-D :-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Re: Who do G-State Draft?

Postby MasterX1918 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:10 pm

It depends who'se available. For instance, in my mock draft I have DeAndre Jordan falling all the way to them at pick 14, but I don't think he drops out of the top 10. It also depends if they keep Monta Ellis who'se a restricted free agent, if he leaves then the Warriors would probably draft Batum or Eric Gordon, whomever is available. Realistically i'd say JeVale McGee is the most solid bet, only because of the uncertainty of who drops and who rises. Joe Alexander could be another guy who drops to them.
MasterX1918
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who does G-State Draft?

Postby jphanned » Wed May 28, 2008 2:10 am

Monta and Biedrins are each going to be re-signed to long term deals at around $10 million a year. Those signings are the foundation of Mullin's plan for the future and I'm certain he won't let either one get away. There is no way Eric Gordon drops to 14, and DeAndre is one of the most hyped players right now and I've even heard talk of him slipping into the top 5.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jphanned » Wed May 28, 2008 8:17 am

Chad Ford's v2.0 mock draft has Love slipping all the way to the Dubs at 14. I don't buy that at all. :-?
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby MasterX1918 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:59 pm

there's no way he slips past the bobcats and nets
MasterX1918
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby geodbear » Fri May 30, 2008 3:23 pm

Really don't see Love being available. If Joe Alexander is available, I'd like the Warriors to take him, because of his athleticism. I'm not sold on McGee...Though the Warriors need a big man, I'm in favor of them taking someone like Brandon Rush. He's got questions with the ACL, but can shoot and defend, is skilled, and has good leadership qualities. Slot him as the immediate backup 2/3 since the Warriors will likely lose Azubuike and Pietrus to free agency, and SF of the future. Over the last couple of years with Nelson as coach, I really don't see the Warriors developing a player so might as well not draft a project (like McGee) and take the most solid player available. If he has no injury issues, Rush could well be one of the top swing players to come out of this year's draft.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 279)

Postby jphanned » Fri May 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Being that if Nellie returns to coach this season it will be his last, I am fine with taking a project like McGee. Couple that with how our core group of Monta/Wright/Biedrins is still developing and not good enough to contend right now. Rush is more of a 2 than a 3, isn't he? Jack is signed through 2010 so if the Dubs drafted Rush I'd imagine he would be developed as a 2 rather than a 3.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby geodbear » Sat May 31, 2008 5:07 am

Rush could play either 2 or 3. 6'7" with a 7' wingspan. Even though Nellie's back only for a year, I don't like the idea of just sending McGee down to D-League for a year, and not sure if a year up with the Warriors would help a guy who has a weakness of "gets frustrated far too easily and loses his composure quickly when calls go against him, or when he's struggling" according to nbadraft.net. It seems like around the mid to late-1st, there are a number of big prospects each with great potential positively and negatively - McGee, Speights, Koufos, Ajinca. I'd rather see the Warriors trade for a later pick to nab one of them, and get either Alexander or Rush with 14. Donta Greene from Syracuse is intriguing but it seems like you can never trust a prospect coming from Syracuse to live up to their potential.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 279)

Postby jphanned » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:05 am

Right now I'd say there's about a 65-70% chance we take Kosta Koufus. :-P

No Koufus, Greene, Arthur, or Robin Lopez please. :-/
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Next

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers