Who does G-State Draft? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Who does G-State Draft?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: Who does G-State Draft?

Postby MasterX1918 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:56 am

How about DeAndre Jordan? His stock is falling and it's very likely that he could be available at pick 14.
MasterX1918
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jphanned » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:19 am

MasterX1918 wrote:How about DeAndre Jordan? His stock is falling and it's very likely that he could be available at pick 14.

There's a reason why his stock has been falling and the knocks on him are legitimate. Koufus is much more of a Mullin type of player than DeAndre anyways and chances are both will be there at 14. If it came down to the two though, I guess I'd rather we go with DeAndre.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 402)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby baller crimson » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:37 am

Rounders Block wrote:
MasterX1918 wrote:How about DeAndre Jordan? His stock is falling and it's very likely that he could be available at pick 14.

There's a reason why his stock has been falling and the knocks on him are legitimate. Koufus is much more of a Mullin type of player than DeAndre anyways and chances are both will be there at 14. If it came down to the two though, I guess I'd rather we go with DeAndre.

I already commented on DeAndre on one of the other threads a while back. Scouts are seeing right through the massive holes in his game. Here's my post from before:

A Memphis Grizzlies blog that was present at the workouts described Jordan as "as advertised". He was extremely athletic and had a large frame but "didn't know how to play". Besides his athleticism, his other basketball skills seem to be lacking. He struggled with passing, shooting, ball-handling, and free-throw shooting as well. Besides that, Jordan didn't even do that well in college -- averaging just about 8 pts and 6 rebs...not exactly domination.

For me, Jordan just seems like he'll be more of a Patrick O'Bryant (irony? ;-) ) than an Andrew Bynum. He certainly has the physical attributes and the athleticism but the question is his desire to get better. Hopefully he has the will to realize that his athleticism is not enough. My feeling is that the Warriors should pass on the kid.
baller crimson
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby geodbear » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:31 am

I hope Golden State avoids Jordan...he's physically impressive but warning signs about his mental approach (or lack of) is too great. There's no doubt that he would be a long term project that might not pan out. Don't care for Koufos either - if the Warriors could work some trades to get a couple of late 1st rounders or late 1st/early 2nd, I think that's better than drafting #14 for them. They could still get a big man - Robin Lopez, Ajinca, Hickson, Hibbert, Thompson, Ibaka, Hardin, Jawai and get a wing player - possibly Douglas-Roberts, Courtney Lee, or Bill Walker.

Draft has good depth.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 262)

Postby plonden » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:33 am

It looks like the T-Wolves are looking at this kid Jason Thompson. Any thoughts?
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 77)

Postby jphanned » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:37 am

They're looking at Thompson at 31 and 34 but 14 would be real early. He'll probably be drafted around 28.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:40 am

G-State fans - do you think you guys could still make a champ run with the team you have now? Or do you feel you need to move someone (Baron? Captain Jack?) for more pieces?

All those Chris Mihm avatars are really confusing me :-S
JasonSeahorn
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jphanned » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:50 am

The plan is to build towards 2010 around Monta, Biedrins, and Wright. Baron is out the door soon but Captain Jack should still be around until his contract expires (he has a pretty damn reasonable contract). So no, we won't be able to contend right now.

Ya'll should post more then and drown us out. ;-)
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby big.d57 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:11 am

G-state needs a new small forward unlike S-Jax 3 point chucking ways and a real center or power forward who can bang with the other big men.
Courtesy of Blamer
big.d57
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby jwhands » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:44 pm

I actually just posted my team-by-team analysis (with some insider info) on my site. Golden State was fairly difficult to predict, since they could have holes in several positions. Let me know what you think, http://www.stinkytee.com
Check out our summer league recap at http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers