Who does G-State Draft? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Who does G-State Draft?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: Who does G-State Draft?

Postby jphanned » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:25 pm

The chance that Joe Alexander falls to 14 is pretty much equivalent to the chance that Derrick Rose falls out of the Top 2. It's simply not going to happen. ;-) Tough pill to swallow because he was my #1 recommendation, but his stock is soaring right now.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 371)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby baller crimson » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:40 am

While Alexander's stock seems to be rising, reports are that Beasley looks tired and out of shape in workouts that are being shown on ESPN... :-t
baller crimson
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jwhands » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:51 am

Alexander's stock is rising, but for who? What team will take him in the top 13? The only option that I can see is if one of those teams trades down, and then someone snags Alexander.
Check out our summer league recap at http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jphanned » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:55 am

jwhands wrote:Alexander's stock is rising, but for who? What team will take him in the top 13? The only option that I can see is if one of those teams trades down, and then someone snags Alexander.

The Milwaukee Bucks and New Jersey Nets are who. If he falls to 13 I don't see any way the Blazers pass on him.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jwhands » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:15 am

I don't see the Bucks passing on a project like Randolph, and no way New Jersey takes Alexander over someone like Gallinari. I still have Randolph and Gallinari and Randolph ranked higher than Alexander based on projectability. How much more ceiling does Alexander really have?
jwhands
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby jphanned » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:24 am

jwhands wrote:I don't see the Bucks passing on a project like Randolph, and no way New Jersey takes Alexander over someone like Gallinari. I still have Randolph and Gallinari and Randolph ranked higher than Alexander based on projectability. How much more ceiling does Alexander really have?

Gallinari could still end up in New York at 6 and judging from what happened last year with Yi, Milwaukee could certainly draft Gallinari as well, leaving Alexander as the best SF on the board. Randolph's value is up in the air at this point but his stock has certainly dropped with the way he has been working out. And the Bucks need a SF man -- Randolph is much more of a PF.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby jwhands » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:00 am

I have a feeling that Yi may not be in Milwaukee anymore in 2 years, so why wouldn't you take a project and build him up during that time? I'm not sure if the Bucks want to deal with the same headache that they had with Yi last year. That situation turned into some bad PR for them, so why risk it again?
jwhands
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:26 am

Rounders Block wrote:
jwhands wrote:Alexander's stock is rising, but for who? What team will take him in the top 13? The only option that I can see is if one of those teams trades down, and then someone snags Alexander.

The Milwaukee Bucks and New Jersey Nets are who. If he falls to 13 I don't see any way the Blazers pass on him.

I completely agree with all of this as well as the fact that Randolph projects better as a PF. Jwhands, Alexander's stock has SIGNIFICANTLY risen over the last several weeks. The teams RB listed, it has been reported that these teams are really interested in him. I'm pretty sure Chris Ford (over at ESPN), Nba draftnet and Draft express now think the Bucks will grab him with the #8 pick.

Fact is, the Bucks are in a dire need of a SF. They've already got Yi and Charlie V at PF. Alexander fits into their plans more than Randolph. Moreover, I've read Skiles is taking a liking to the kid for his work ethic and character. The biggest problem with Randolph is kind of what you've already stated. He would be a project because he is FAR from a finished product. Although he shows vast potential, consider that it would take a ton of work. There have been a number of these potential kids end up no where...
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 676)

Postby jphanned » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:29 am

I've got a full draft guide coming out sometime tomorrow (whenever the content manager gets a hold of it), so look out for it. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby plonden » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:51 pm

Rounders Block wrote:I've got a full draft guide coming out sometime tomorrow (whenever the content manager gets a hold of it), so look out for it. ;-D

What site is it for?
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers