Year 4 Info Here - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Bonanza Keeper

Year 4 Info Here

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful

Re: Are you satisfied with the league thusfar?

Postby bokzg » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:45 am

I'd just like to reiterate that I will always be against using the H2H playoffs to decide the winner of a league, particularly in keeper leagues. I have many reasons for this, but I'll refrain from listing them since I'm sure most of the people in this league have heard all the arguments against Yahoo's H2H playoff system.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby The Thrill » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:53 pm

Thanks for the comments bokzg!

Just so everyone knows, I'm not one who is bothered by change. So, I welcome any and all recommended changes. IMO, many managers in the league are trying to correct the decisions of others who played before them. And, to be honest, that's challenging, entertaing and frustrating all at the same time. :-b I'd like to correct my own mistakes, not those of others. ;-7

Anyway....
Want to redraft the league entirely? Propose it. :-)
Want to change this to a Roto league? Propose it. :-)
Want to restructure how the H2H champion is determined? Propose it. :-)
What to change the league settings, categories, etc? Propose it. :-)
Want to overthrow menyak and Madison and dominate the cafe Bonanza style? Propose it. :-D

I'll go out on a limb and provide my two cents, but you can take 'em or leave 'em as you please. O:-) I'd like to see this league remain a H2H league. I enjoy that aspect of competitiveness and comaraderie -- especially for a cafe league. I'd prefer this is a redraft league every season (would probably be cool with one (1) keeper each season). We could incorporate keeper aspects of the league (draft position based upon the prior season performance). I feel redrafting each season elimantes some of the risk in the playoffs (i.e. a team like bokzg can drop Kaman if he's struggling to get the win that week).

Not a huge fan of changing the playoff system because it creates more work for me. :-b O:-) :-/ (just being honest). That said, if everyone else in the league would like to change it, I'm all ears. ;-)

Any thoughts out there that others care to share?
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 252)

Postby bokzg » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:39 pm

Ok with H2H format, but would like to see a switch to Octagon-style for determining the winner. Not a big deal though, I'll still play if we stick to standard Yahoo-style.

Prefer to stick to keeper format. I'm obviously biased because of how my team looks, but I did come into the league with the expectation that it was a keeper. Same with standard categories.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Turmoil » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:24 am

God damn Thrill I told you not to release information of the overthrow the cafe plan until we had sorted out all the details....

*Goes back to look at the locked bonanza board threads*
Turmoil
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby The Thrill » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:49 pm

bokzg wrote:Prefer to stick to keeper format. I'm obviously biased because of how my team looks, but I did come into the league with the expectation that it was a keeper. Same with standard categories.

Yeah, that makes sense to have that expectation that this would remain a keeper. That's another reason why I threw it out there to see the responses and see if everyone had that expectation and would continue to prefer moving forward under that setup. And I'm ok with that if that's how everyone else would like to move forward as well. :-)
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RobitusinZ » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:00 pm

I'm pondering to do away with the H2H playoffs completely next year in my money league. Just end the season on March 2X, the week before playoffs start.

Maybe we can do the same here. Thoughts?
thanks for the sig, soty!

"It takes more than mathematical strategies to beat me." - Shaquille "The Big Aristotle" O'Neal
RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yilun » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:24 pm

Hey Guys,

I loved the league last year. It's definitely one of the more competitive leagues I've been in.

I've actually worked quite hard to try to obtain the keepers of my liking so I would be kind of bummed out if we ended up re-drafting lol.

As far as the league format, H2H is perfectly fine with me. I also like the comeptitive nature of a week-to-week format for sure.

For the H2H playoffs, I'm 60% for having the winner be determined by the end of the regular fantasy season and 40% for keeping the actual fantasy playoffs intact.
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Postby The Thrill » Sat May 31, 2008 4:09 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone! :-) Keep 'em comin'. :-)
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

Gonna Need A New Commish

Postby The Thrill » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:54 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry to say, but there's no realistic chance I can be the commissioner for the 08-09 season. I'll be able to be active enough to participate in the draft and stay relatively current during the season, but the bulk of the commissioner duties (setting up the league, updating the cafe during the draft, etc), I simply don't have the time for. It's actually not that much time, but it's enough that I'm going to have to step down. :-/

If somebody would like to step up, feel free to post to this thread. :-)

Best of luck in all your leagues in 08-09!
The Thrill
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

Re: Gonna Need A New Commish

Postby silentjim » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:42 pm

As per usual, I will do it if no one else will. :-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 564)

PreviousNext

Return to Bonanza Keeper