AST/TO Ratio: The Sleeper Category - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

AST/TO Ratio: The Sleeper Category

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: AST/TO Ratio: The Sleeper Category

Postby silentjim » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:40 pm

mbuser wrote:in general, you want to avoid redundant categories, regardless of what they are

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the o-board, d-board, total board etc stats. It makes non normal roster worthy players jump ahead to much.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: AST/TO Ratio: The Sleeper Category

Postby Goat Punishment » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:36 pm

shawngee03 wrote:in one league last year we had ass, TO, and A/TO as cats. i liked the a/to. it made me look at certain guys differently.

my question is, im setting up a league soon, and am wondering should i just use a/to instead of ass and to, or all 3? are there pros and conns either way?

I've played in a 9 cat H2H league with A/TO instead of TO for about 4 years now. For the first few years everyone just treated it like a standard league. Last year I drafted Paul and Billups with my first 2 picks and ran away with the league. It's very guard heavy and I'm considering tweaking the league this season.

If I added another category to favor bigs, which would be the best one? OREB or DREB or something. Maybe foot injuries would be a good category. :-B

This is a very interesting category though, especially for roto. It really makes you think about the distribution of assists and TO's throughout your roster, assuming you want to remain competitive in both.
Goat Punishment
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers