Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Bonanza Keeper

Year 5 Info Here

Moderators: geodbear, RedHopeful, silentjim

Re: Trade: plonden and Yilun

Postby silentjim » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:36 pm

That's 4. Make sure to updates your rosters. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Yilun » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:39 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Approved as well. ;-D

Yilun, just gotta ask, did you take Artest thinking it'd help your flow? :-D

Haha, good one.

But by now, I think people can see the strategy that I'm taking with my team. Plonden and I were discussing and it just felt like a good trade for both of us. Honestly, Redd doesn't really fit with my team concept at all. His 3's and FT% are pretty useless to me as I'm not competitive in either. Artest is extremely valuable to me (assuming he keeps a straight head) because he gives me cats that plays to my team strengths. His weakness in FG% and FT% are offset by the fact that my team shoots solid FG% and tanks FT%. All I have to do now is hope that he gets through the season more or less in one piece. ;-D

If I'm not mistaken, he is playing for a contract year right?
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:33 pm

Yilun wrote:If I'm not mistaken, he is playing for a contract year right?

Yep - so use him well then trade him away prior to next season. ;-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Re: 2008-2009 Draft Commentary

Postby Yilun » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:02 pm

geodbear wrote:3. yilun – this team is made for h2h play as it clearly dominates 3 categories – rebounds, blocks, and field goal percentage – while tanking 2 categories – turnovers and free throw percentage. He has two other categories of strength in points and assists, but is very weak in threes and steals. While he is likely not to win the regular season, his team can win the championship as there are only a few teams that he does not match up well against.

I wonder how my Artest trade now shifts this analysis? (thanks for even given one first and foremost ;-D )

If I look at my core players, I think with Artest and Smoove, I'm much more competitive in steals. I'm also banking on the fact that Ridnour will obtain and hold onto the starting PG job in Mil. Based on all the raving reviews I've seen about how MIL ownership loves Luke, I'm wishfully hoping that he's going to be a great 3rd string PG for me. He's shown that when given minutes in Seattle, he was a solid source of steals.

I took a hit in rebounding by losing Chandler but at a glance, I think my team is clearly trying to capture FG%, PTS, REBS, ASTS, STLS, and BLKS every week. I am punting FT%, treys, and TO's. Many people seem to think that it is H2H suicide when you tank more than 2 categories simply due to the fluctuating variability of weekly play.

By that, I totally agree. However, I'm considering this: last year my core keepers were Nash, R. Allen, Smoove, Okafor, Amare. It was probably one of the most "balanced" core of keepers I've seen. I tried to draft players that complimented them well and I tried for the "balanced" approach and ultimately got mopped the floor with by the rest of the league...

I realized that in a regular H2H league of 12 managers that go 13 deep, my team would have done alot better, i.e. the balanced methodology would have been pretty dominant. However, with our 15 deep league, it suddenly makes a big difference, imo. Having learnt my lesson from last season, this is the reason why I'm switching gears and going for a specialized team tailored for these competitive, deep leagues. I think you were spot on with your analysis that I will probalby not win the regular season. However, I'm hoping I can hang around to make the playoffs and really give my opponennt a run for their money as anything can happen during the playoffs.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Obviously, I have better peace of mind this time around knowing that I have some sort of strategy that I'm following. Hopefully, I can make some competitive FA pickups to buff my cats some more. It is indeed a high risk, high reward strategy. If everyone stays relatively healthy and puts up solid numbers, I'll look like a genius. On the other hand, if I catch the injury bug and certain players fizzle, I'm sure I'll get the "I told you so" speech :-b In any case, if I get owned again this year, I'll just admit that I suck at fantasy ;-)
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Re: 2008-2009 Draft Commentary

Postby Nene » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:21 pm

A couple ppl have not filled their rosters all the way in the rosters thread. It would greatly aid mistar thrill if you did that for when he has to imput the rosters! :-o B-)
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

League Open???

Postby Nene » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:26 pm

When are you gonna set up the page??
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: League Open???

Postby silentjim » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:13 am

Nene wrote:When are you gonna set up the page??

Soon. I've been out of town on business. I'll PM everyone tonight when I get it all up. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby baller crimson » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:15 am

No worries. ;-D
baller crimson
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Nene » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:23 am

Next question from Pushy Nene is: When are the rosters gonna be imputted?
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby silentjim » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:07 pm

Nene wrote:Next question from Pushy Nene is: When are the rosters gonna be imputted?

As soon as everyone joins the league. We're still short one manager.
silentjim

PreviousNext

Return to Bonanza Keeper