3.10 Gilbert Arenas (PG - Was)
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby SC » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:05 am

I strongly considered taking Duncan with 3.05. Even that felt like good value in a competitive H2H league. But with Granger and Nash as my first two picks, I couldn't resist Wests' 20 & 8.5 on 47% FG and 88% FT and maintain relatively strong percentages. I do wonder how he'll play with NOH newest additions, and if his BPG can jump to 1+ per game like in 07-08, but other than that he's consistent, and was having 20-30 point games at the end of the RS / fantasy playoffs in 09. not that this league is like other H2H's, it's still nice to have a player finish the season strong.
SC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Fantasy Expert

Re: 2009-2010 First Division ROTO League Draft Thread

Postby tsmartin23 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:12 am

2.08 Caron Butler (SF - WAS)

I hope I don't regret this one
tsmartin23
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Re: Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby thelimey » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:44 am

I wasn't too thrilled with the choices at the turn. I thought the best value around there were the guards but they were all snapped up (Kidd, Harris, Johnson). I actualy toyed with the idea of taking LeBron at 1 because of that (instead of going PG-PG) but figured I would be giving up too much value & at the same time restricting myself to a less flexible strategy. I did consider Lopez & Duncan but after a bit of research I'm a bit wary of Duncan this year, talk of minutes being restricted to make sure he's playoff ready & his post all-star break numbers (on 30-31 mpg) weren't so hot. Obviously if you don't care about ft% he would still represent good value to you.
thelimey
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 47)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Division ROTO Draft Commentary

Postby geodbear » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:24 pm

geodbear wrote:I think it's right for KG. I almost took him, but went with calderon to get a PG. Wanted Billups here or one of the other bigs to slip, but that wasn't in the cards.

Should also mention that I did think about Howard as well and he's a fun player to draft in roto if you're into looking at the numbers and such. I drafted him 2nd round in the Cafe Mock/roto league and I think I ended up with a real solid team.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)

Postby tianyi86 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:11 pm

My issue with KG is that you know Boston will rest him down the stretch or reduce his minutes if Boston locks up a playoff spot. I have a hard time believing Boston will have trouble making the playoffs so he's definitely going to be rested or see reduced minutes in the final 10-12 games. With him coming back from injury, he's going to see reduced minutes early in the season as well. So you are getting kg for 60 games at about 32-35 mpg and 10-15 games for 20-25mpg. That doesn't look so good for a player that is clearly in decline.
tianyi86
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: 2009-2010 Champions League H2H Draft Thread

Postby ggs » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:23 pm

3.11 Kevin Martin (SG - SAC)
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 152)

Re: 2009-2010 First Division ROTO League Draft Thread

Postby phx_2008_champs » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:48 pm

2.09 - Steve Nash (PG - PHX)
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: 2009-2010 Champions League H2H Draft Thread

Postby jphanned » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:02 pm

3.12 Shawn Marion (F - DAL)
4.01 LaMarcus Aldridge (FC - POR)
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby phx_2008_champs » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:07 pm

geodbear wrote:
geodbear wrote:I think it's right for KG. I almost took him, but went with calderon to get a PG. Wanted Billups here or one of the other bigs to slip, but that wasn't in the cards.

Should also mention that I did think about Howard as well and he's a fun player to draft in roto if you're into looking at the numbers and such. I drafted him 2nd round in the Cafe Mock/roto league and I think I ended up with a real solid team.

I was hoping to grab Howard with my 3rd pick. Granger is a good match-up with him in ROTO, though, so I'm not surprised you nabbed him.
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon