2007-2013 Archived Posts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2008-2009 Off-Season Discussion

Postby jphanned » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:56 am

sabonis wrote:what is the dual system? I feel stupid asking this :-D

The Bible wrote:2.3 The Champions League will be required to play a minimum of one mandatory league, either H2H or rotisserie, and will have the option, upon the vote of 9 of 12 managers, to establish and play a second league of the opposite format, the results of which shall have equal weight as the mandatory league in determining Champions League final results. The Champions League mandatory format will be determined randomly each year, as follows: the format will be H2H if the Western Conference representative wins Game 3 of the prior season's NBA Championship series and rotisserie if the Eastern Conference representative wins Game 3.

If a Champions League elects to play a single league, the winner of that year's league shall have the right to use "Champions League Winner" in his Cafe signature. If a Champions League elects to use the dual H2H-Roto format, that year's league shall be referred to as "The FBC Octagon" and the winner may use "FBC Octagon Champion" in his Cafe signature.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 333)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby tianyi86 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:39 am

Sorry for being away for so long, but school finished and I started a new job so never had time to check in. Anyways, I'm back and excited for next season if a spot is still available.
tianyi86
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jphanned » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:40 am

tianyi86 wrote:Sorry for being away for so long, but school finished and I started a new job so never had time to check in. Anyways, I'm back and excited for next season if a spot is still available.

Check your inbox -- you're good to go. Check back sometime early August for check-ins and such. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sabonis » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:59 am

when will the draft approximately start? late august? early september?
sabonis
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby jphanned » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:07 pm

sabonis wrote:when will the draft approximately start? late august? early september?

The message board drafts should start around September 1st like they did last year. Live draft dates TBD within your assigned league.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby samo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:57 am

Rounders Block wrote:
sabonis wrote:when will the draft approximately start? late august? early september?

The message board drafts should start around September 1st like they did last year. Live draft dates TBD within your assigned league.

I know its not technically part of the "rules," but in the crazy event the "Champions League" elects to go with a dual league format and become the "FBC Octagon," I wonder if we might consider voting on whether to make one of the drafts an auction-type draft. I've only done one auction draft and it was super easy to figure out and only took about 2-3 weeks. Best of all, it took out all the frustrating randomness a snake draft can impose on managers. You like three sleepers? Simple, you pay the price and they're yours.

Just another off-season suggestion to consider.
samo
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby geodbear » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:28 am

Auction is intriguing and I think I'd be up for something different. In any case, I officially vote for the dual league format.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 219)

Postby jphanned » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:24 pm

If we were to do an auction we're not doing here at this forum. Already 3 leagues hosted here and there's no need for adding to the clutter and having another 50+ threads.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby baller crimson » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:49 pm

Man, I'm really psyched for this league especially. ;-D
baller crimson
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jphanned » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:38 am

A ton of turnover in the Champions league this season as Dutch and jay dropped out while Knicks4ever and saldogg have been replaced due to inactivity. I've already found a ton of replacements this offseason and I think I've pretty much exhausted the Cafe's pool of active managers, so we're going to go with a 12-team First Division H2H league and a 10-team First Division Roto league this season.

Bottom 6 of the Champions league will still be replaced but the thing that will be different is the guaranteed spots to advance to the 2009 Champions league. The top 3/12 (25%) First Division H2H managers and the top 2/10 (20%) First Division Roto managers will be guaranteed spots. The 6th spot will be determined by calculating the manager's H2H record or roto point total in relation to the league's median.

If your league is going to go with a message board draft keep in mind that the tentative start date for all of them will be on September 1. Live draft dates will be determined within your league by your commissioner.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon