2007-2013 Archived Posts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2010 Off-Season Discussion

Postby plonden » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:36 pm

Rounders Block wrote:I'll be back fellas, let's keep this thing going strong. ;-D

And any extra help we can get would be great.

Alright, RB! Let me know what you need to get this going (I am assuming you're still in charge). I am here to help. ;-D
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby sabonis » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:54 pm

when will this thing start?
sabonis
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby jphanned » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:07 pm

sabonis wrote:when will this thing start?

We plan on getting everything set up this week. PM's with additional info to come shortly. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 333)

Postby TheJordanRulz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:45 am

i'd like to see a little more flexibility in the # of moves that can be made during the year in h2h. maybe 82 max moves for the year and from 4-6 move limit per week? with just a handful of moves to make per week, there's still a lot of tough decisons to be made. a little more flexibility in making moves would make the league more fun for me. a change like this could certainly increase the competitiveness of the overal league, not that we need much improvement there.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Crimedogg32 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:58 am

TheJordanRulz wrote:i'd like to see a little more flexibility in the # of moves that can be made during the year in h2h. maybe 82 max moves for the year and from 4-6 move limit per week? with just a handful of moves to make per week, there's still a lot of tough decisons to be made. a little more flexibility in making moves would make the league more fun for me. a change like this could certainly increase the competitiveness of the overal league, not that we need much improvement there.

I actually think the constraint on moves makes the league more competitive because each move has to be carefully thought out and doesn't really allow churning.
FBC Octagon Champion - 2010-2011
Crimedogg32
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheJordanRulz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:25 am

i mean more competitve in the sense that managers who are complacent and don't pay attention to their teams for chunks of time will be at more of a disadvantage, as they should be. how much churning could there be if a gm can make 4 moves per week (for example)? anyway, i'm fine with it as it is, but since the current rules were put in place prior to yahoo allowing a per week max, i think a change is at least worth a look. it would definitely be more fun to be able to make a few more choices some weeks in terms of roster moves.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jphanned » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:40 am

I'm not gonna make a ruling on it just yet, but if you were to bump it to 82 max moves you might as well make it uncapped all together. 82 is really, really high. I don't think I've ever been in a league where the capped number of moves was any higher than 60. In the BOSF, where guys micro-manage more than any league I've seen, the max moves is capped at 60 and only 2 of the 16 managers hit that mark last year. I was the only manager outside those 2 to hit 50. If you learn to control yourself (like CD mentioned) and don't go on add/drop sprees just for the heck of it then I don't find it very hard to stay within that 50-move range.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 333)

Postby TheJordanRulz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:05 am

good point on the season max moves, rb. the key is the weekly move limit. eiter way, i feel that active gms should be rewarded and a little more flexibility in terms of moves does that.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Shotcaller » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:37 pm

Would someone be kind enough to tell me if I made the championship division this year? Thanks.
"We're not out there reading books, we're out there playing basketball"
Shotcaller
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 32)

Postby the one » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Let me know if I am in when you get a chance. Again I won 2 years ago to advance to the champions league but couldn't be in it last year. I would be happy competing in any league you guys see fit. ;-D
the one
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon