2007-2013 Archived Posts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

2010-2011 Offseason Discussion

Postby jphanned » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:27 am

Anything and everything goes here regarding the league -- concerns, questions, comments, etc. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010-2011 Offseason Discussion

Postby jphanned » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 am

Just looking over the league rosters, and wow these leagues are stacked. You can't argue with the quality of the Champions League guys who can just point to last year's results as proof that they can hang (and beat) the best of the best. I gotta say that I'm even more impressed with the depth of the First Division leagues though. Is there a single weak spot anywhere in either league? It may be a First Division league but I feel like I'll be going up against Champions league type talent.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Yeah man, for sure. I took a quick look at the spread of GMs and I was mightily impressed. I'm looking forward to this season in a big way. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby Crimedogg32 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:54 am

Looks like a talented group of managers as always in the ocatgon
FBC Octagon Champion - 2010-2011
Crimedogg32
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bokzg » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:06 am

Rounders Block wrote:Just looking over the league rosters, and wow these leagues are stacked. You can't argue with the quality of the Champions League guys who can just point to last year's results as proof that they can hang (and beat) the best of the best. I gotta say that I'm even more impressed with the depth of the First Division leagues though. Is there a single weak spot anywhere in either league? It may be a First Division league but I feel like I'll be going up against Champions league type talent.

First division roto in particular seems stacked with roto talent. I expect some insane competition in that league.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 117)

Postby CavemanDoctor » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:12 am

Fellas,

Have we decided on whether the Champions League will be dual-format again this year? If not, let's get a vote going soon.
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CavemanDoctor » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:20 am

To add:

Since the Lakers won Game 3 of the Finals last year, the Champions League will consist of an H2H league, at a minimum.
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jphanned » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:34 am

CavemanDoctor wrote:To add:

Since the Lakers won Game 3 of the Finals last year, the Champions League will consist of an H2H league, at a minimum.

Correct.

CDoc -- still waiting to finalize those last 2 spots in the Champions league. Can you send out a PM to the following guys in the meantime asking if they would prefer to play a dual format this year? Thanks.

2) bokzg
3) Crimedogg32
4) DamnLies
5) Lorenzo
6) sabonis
7) Shotcaller
8) TheJordanRulz
9) thelimey
10) big.d57
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby bokzg » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:57 am

Rounders Block wrote:
CavemanDoctor wrote:To add:

Correct.

CDoc -- still waiting to finalize those last 2 spots in the Champions league. Can you send out a PM to the following guys in the meantime asking if they would prefer to play a dual format this year? Thanks.

2) bokzg
3) Crimedogg32
4) DamnLies
5) Lorenzo
6) sabonis
7) Shotcaller
8) TheJordanRulz
9) thelimey
10) big.d57

No need to send me a PM, I'm willing to go dual format if that's the majority. Just H2H is fine as well.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 117)

Postby CavemanDoctor » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:06 am

Sent a PM cause not sure people are actively checking boards this early yet.

I vote for keeping it to one league.
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon