2007-2013 Archived Posts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2010-2011 Offseason Discussion

Postby CavemanDoctor » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:27 am

You know fellas, you're right. Didn't realize this would be the first non-dual year if we voted that way. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Plus, Yahoo! is giving us 8 leagues per ID, making it an easier decision for me. I'm going to change my vote to dual as well.

Plus, I feel like I'm much better at roto than I am at h2h. Not sure why I'd want to screw myself over here. }:-)

So the count so far is 5 votes for dual, 3 against, and 1 can go either way.
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ugk34 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:19 am

I'll change from single to dual as well, keep the tradition
ugk34
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 8)

Postby samo » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:24 am

deadshot11 wrote:Holy cow. I just saw the list. That's going to be my first taste of a Cafe league? 8-o Great. Can I change my preference to H2H now? jk. :-{

Judging by your taste for players in the current Cafe Mock draft, I think you'll hold your own here just fine. We all have our own particular style, but you managed to take just about every player in every round I'd have probably snagged at your draft position. I win some and I lose some, but for what its worth I loved your draft picks there - so stop that now and please draft players I don't want in this league aight? :-b
samo
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CavemanDoctor » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:27 am

ugk34 wrote:I'll change from single to dual as well, keep the tradition

Great. Now with 6 for, and 2 against,and only 3 to vote, we have a majority vote for dual format regardless.

Dual league it is.
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jphanned » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:55 am

CavemanDoctor wrote:
ugk34 wrote:I'll change from single to dual as well, keep the tradition

Great. Now with 6 for, and 2 against,and only 3 to vote, we have a majority vote for dual format regardless.

Dual league it is.

;-D

CDoc and bokzg -- since you guys are gonna be kinda tag-teaming commish responsibilities in the Champions League, how bout one of you takes on commish duties of the H2H league and the other commishes the ROTO league? Sound good?
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:13 am

deadshot11 wrote:
baller crimson wrote:
Rounders Block wrote:Just looking over the league rosters, and wow these leagues are stacked. You can't argue with the quality of the Champions League guys who can just point to last year's results as proof that they can hang (and beat) the best of the best. I gotta say that I'm even more impressed with the depth of the First Division leagues though. Is there a single weak spot anywhere in either league? It may be a First Division league but I feel like I'll be going up against Champions league type talent.

All I can say is that it's definitely going to be a battle in First Division Roto...

Holy cow. I just saw the list. That's going to be my first taste of a Cafe league? 8-o Great. Can I change my preference to H2H now? jk. :-{

First Division H2H isn't going to be any easier. You have five of the cafe mock drafters in the league(Red, Jimmy, myself, celticsfan, and Kal) for starters. In fact, the five of us have been a part of the mock draft each of the last two seasons.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 162)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jphanned » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:21 am

DVauthrin wrote:First Division H2H isn't going to be any easier. You have five of the cafe mock drafters in the league(Red, Jimmy, myself, celticsfan, and Kal) for starters. In fact, the five of us have been a part of the mock draft each of the last two seasons.

Precisely, I really do think the two are very similar in terms of competitiveness. And that's what samo and I have aimed for when redistributing the managers amongst the First Division leagues (competitive balance). The ROTO league may be a bit more top-heavy, but whatever the H2H leagues lacks at the top it is made up for in depth.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:33 am

Rounders Block wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:First Division H2H isn't going to be any easier. You have five of the cafe mock drafters in the league(Red, Jimmy, myself, celticsfan, and Kal) for starters. In fact, the five of us have been a part of the mock draft each of the last two seasons.

Precisely, I really do think the two are similar in terms of competitiveness. And that's what samo and I have aimed for when redistributing the managers amongst the First Division leagues (competitive balance). The ROTO league may be a bit more top-heavy, but whatever the H2H leagues at the top it is made up for in depth.

It's going to be how it is every year in the Octagon: Whoever avoids the injury bug and hits on as many middle to late round picks as possible will be the cream of the crop in each league.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 162)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:36 am

Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is chopped liver. :-D Why participating in the mock is the mark of distinction I'm not sure. ;-7

I kid, but yeah, stacked league, jesus murphy. I love it. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 366)

Postby bokzg » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:01 am

Rounders Block wrote:;-D

CDoc and bokzg -- since you guys are gonna be kinda tag-teaming commish responsibilities in the Champions League, how bout one of you takes on commish duties of the H2H league and the other commishes the ROTO league? Sound good?

I'm okay with that.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 113)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon