2007-2013 Archived Posts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2010-2011 Offseason Discussion

Postby deadshot11 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:13 am

samo wrote:
deadshot11 wrote:Holy cow. I just saw the list. That's going to be my first taste of a Cafe league? 8-o Great. Can I change my preference to H2H now? jk. :-{

Judging by your taste for players in the current Cafe Mock draft, I think you'll hold your own here just fine. We all have our own particular style, but you managed to take just about every player in every round I'd have probably snagged at your draft position. I win some and I lose some, but for what its worth I loved your draft picks there - so stop that now and please draft players I don't want in this league aight? :-b

Ha, thanks. I started realizing maybe I shouldn't divulge ALL the thoughts I'm having on players until after the Octagon drafts. :-D
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:26 am

Fenris-77 wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:First Division H2H isn't going to be any easier. You have five of the cafe mock drafters in the league(Red, Jimmy, myself, celticsfan, and Kal) for starters. In fact, the five of us have been a part of the mock draft each of the last two seasons.

Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is chopped liver. :-D Why participating in the mock is the mark of distinction I'm not sure. ;-7

I kid, but yeah, stacked league, jesus murphy. I love it. ;-D

I love it too. Trust me, I know how difficult it is to win in the Octagon. My teams have hovered right around .500 the last two Octagon seasons.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CavemanDoctor » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:06 am

Rounders Block wrote:
CavemanDoctor wrote:
ugk34 wrote:I'll change from single to dual as well, keep the tradition

Great. Now with 6 for, and 2 against,and only 3 to vote, we have a majority vote for dual format regardless.

Dual league it is.

;-D

CDoc and bokzg -- since you guys are gonna be kinda tag-teaming commish responsibilities in the Champions League, how bout one of you takes on commish duties of the H2H league and the other commishes the ROTO league? Sound good?

Coo.
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KalElen » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:40 pm

i have to warn you all, we used to have 2 tiered league (a and d league) with many regulars participating, back in the day at fanball. i won a-league 2 times in a row over 3 years that i participated. then it was disbanded after fanball went down. just so you guys know who you're messing with :-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby samo » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:34 pm

Loving the smack I'm hearing. Loving the talk of crazy stacked leagues. Isn't it interesting that all the chatter is coming from us down here in the First Division? It's like the guys in the Champion's League (hopefully, soon the be the FBC Octagon) are just focused on the significant task at hand. All that training. All the hours of working out weirdly-obscure fantasy hoops technique to put themselves in this position.

I'm guessing its like the last few moments before an Olympic 100 meter dash - all these finely tuned massive egos ... just ... saying ... nothing. :-*

Since I get my requested break from the high-intensity fish-bowl, is there any objection to asking our Yahoo! contacts if the upper league(s) can be made publicly-viewable (similar to the Y! Friends/Family league) to give these guys some recognition/audience for competing at the highest level? Or do we just want to keep the Octagon our little secret - Fight Club style?
samo
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:16 pm

samo wrote:Since I get my requested break from the high-intensity fish-bowl, is there any objection to asking our Yahoo! contacts if the upper league(s) can be made publicly-viewable (similar to the Y! Friends/Family league) to give these guys some recognition/audience for competing at the highest level? Or do we just want to keep the Octagon our little secret - Fight Club style?

Sounds good to me.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:43 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:First Division H2H isn't going to be any easier. You have five of the cafe mock drafters in the league(Red, Jimmy, myself, celticsfan, and Kal) for starters. In fact, the five of us have been a part of the mock draft each of the last two seasons.

Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is chopped liver. :-D

If we're using culinary descriptions, go ahead and just call me:

:-D ;-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby plonden » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:32 am

Looks like all leagues are full -- excellent. I've gotta say this is the most excited I've been about a league in a long time.
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 51)

Postby So-Tex » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:06 am

RedHopeful wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:

Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is chopped liver. :-D

If we're using culinary descriptions, go ahead and just call me:

:-D ;-)

Oh yeah? Well try slicing through my...

:-D ;-) B-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 179)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:54 am

I feel like a victim of a severe lack of context. :-C You guys and your fancy culinary metaphors, and your fancy gifs, and your fancy smack talk. Great googly-moogly.

I have a fancy little white sports car icon under my name and a large and unshakable ego, and that's all I need (the car for style, and the ego just to fit in ;-D ). Your twitting bothers me not in the least. :-D

Damn this is going to be a good league. B-)
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon