2007-2013 Archived Posts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2010-2011 Offseason Discussion

Postby jphanned » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:16 am

bokzg wrote:Sent out a PM with the League ID# and password for the Octagon Champions H2H league to all members except for greyone (not sure what "pending" means.. RB?). Please register ASAP, thanks.

He basically just checked in yesterday after going MIA for 2 months. I'm still not sold on him being completely committed to the league. Consider him in for now, but I'll give you the word when I finalize things in the next day or two so you can send out that last PM with the league info. Thanks for being on top of it.

CDoc -- looks like you're on Champions ROTO league duty then. If you could do the same as bokzg (make league, send out PM's) I'd appreciate it. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:22 am

PM sent to all members currently listed for First Division H2H this season. ;-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby bokzg » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:22 am

I figured I'd take the H2H league since he expressed a preference for Roto in previous posts. I'll hold off on PMing greyone until you say otherwise then.
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 113)

Postby CavemanDoctor » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:21 am

Rounders Block wrote:
bokzg wrote:Sent out a PM with the League ID# and password for the Octagon Champions H2H league to all members except for greyone (not sure what "pending" means.. RB?). Please register ASAP, thanks.

He basically just checked in yesterday after going MIA for 2 months. I'm still not sold on him being completely committed to the league. Consider him in for now, but I'll give you the word when I finalize things in the next day or two so you can send out that last PM with the league info. Thanks for being on top of it.

CDoc -- looks like you're on Champions ROTO league duty then. If you could do the same as bokzg (make league, send out PM's) I'd appreciate it. ;-D

PM sent
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Grey1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:05 am

Cmon guys...Im here.

My bad for not signing in the last few months. But I have popped my head in a few times to read through some topics. While not commenting. I specifically visited this forum about a month or so ago to see what was happening. And there wasn't much going on at the time other than posting to save the subforum. I was also here to read thoughts on the MiaMe and other free agent signings.

I worked hard last season for 6 months to earn this spot. I checked in internationally from Feb to May while in Manila for 12 weeks. Not counting the yearly prep and years of cafe membership.

I would greatly appreciate all of your consideration to keep me in this league. I promise to make it up to the league and cafe should you decide to have me around.
Grey1
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby jphanned » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:35 am

Sounds good greyone -- you're all set. CDoc and bokzg will fill you in with the details. ;-D

It really wasn't anything personal so I hope you don't take it the wrong way. I just wanted to avoid having to stop the draft to find a replacement at all costs. A real inconvenience and unfair to the other 11 guys. Thanks for checking in again.

EDIT: the fact that you earned a spot to the Champions League made us keep you around this long even when we didn't hear from you. A lot of the First Division holdovers have already been replaced because they responded back too late or didn't reply back at all.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Cavemandoc

Postby CavemanDoctor » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Aight fellas, both FBC Champion leagues are set up and we're good to go in a few days.

Draft order has been randomized (verification E-mail sent to Rounders).

Here are the results:

For ROTO:

1. Crimedogg32
2. big.d57
3. DamnLies
4. Lorenzo
5. Sabonis
6. thelimey
7. bokzg
8. ugk34
9. CavemanDoctor
10. Shotcaller
11. TheJordanRulz
12. grey1

For H2H (reverse of ROTO):

1. grey1
2. TheJordanRulz
3. Shotcaller
4. CavemanDoctor
5. ugk34
6. bokzg
7. thelimey
8. Sabonis
9. Lorenzo
10. DamnLies
11. big.d57
12. Crimedogg32

edit: to clarify which leagues I'm talking about.
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: 2010-2011 Manager List & League Rosters

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:25 pm

H2H First Division Octagon Draft Positions

1 - KalElen
2 - So-Tex
3 - tsmartin23
4 - ardilla
5 - Fenris-77
6 - phx_2008_champs
7 - Redhopeful
8 - Dvauthrin
9 - silentjim
10 - biznac
11 - TekOPP
12 - CelticsFan

Emailed everyone with the results of the fftoolbox random generator who has registered in our league. Only two still missing I think were biznac and phx_2008_champs.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby KalElen » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:37 pm

top pick, i can see i'm gonna love this league :-D ;-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby So-Tex » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:53 pm

KalElen wrote:top pick, i can see i'm gonna love this league :-D ;-D

Heh...you've got it easy.

I've got to decide between gal-pals LeBrat and CP3... :-o
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)