2007-2013 Archived Posts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2010-2011 Offseason Discussion

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:56 am

Good to see the yahoo leagues are open, even better to see the rankings are up of course.

This response got a chuckle:

random yahoo user wrote: WHO'S justin and what are his credititials

credentials sorry. I trust your knowledge is better then that one guy on the so-called experts, We all know who i'm talking about

:-D
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deadshot11 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:Good to see the yahoo leagues are open, even better to see the rankings are up of course.

This response got a chuckle:

random yahoo user wrote: WHO'S justin and what are his credititials

credentials sorry. I trust your knowledge is better then that one guy on the so-called experts, We all know who i'm talking about

:-D

Is there a link somewhere to the Champions Leagues. If there is, I can't find it. Or didn't look hard enough.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby sabonis » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:03 pm

I'd like to see the playoffs go on
sabonis
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Re: 2010-2011 First Division H2H Draft Log & Rosters

Postby TekOPP » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:08 pm

Gunslinger

PG: Deron Williams 1.11
SG: Tyreke Evans 3.11
G: John Wall 7.11
SF: Jeff Green 5.11
PF: Hedo Turkoglu 6.02
F: Tim Duncan 4.02
C: Brook Lopez 2.02
C: Roy Hibbert 8.02
UTIL: Greg Oden 10.02
UTIL: Micheal Beasley 9.11

BN: Boris Diaw 11.11
BN: DJ Augustin 12.02
BN: Terrence Williams 13.11
Last edited by TekOPP on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
TekOPP
College Captain
College Captain

Response Team
(Past Year: 25)

Postby TheJordanRulz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:04 pm

Hey guys, I have another request for a settings change. Yahoo now has a new feature where you can make roster moves for that same day. If the yahoo fantasy nba iphone app is like their fantasy mlb app, you are only able to make roster moves via the app if your league is set up where you can make same day moves. It would also not penalze the non-west coast guys who might want to get to bed by 10 pm or so and may want to make a move for the next day while seeing what has transpired during the previous night's play.

Here's what yahoo has to say about it:

If you choose to configure your league to allow transactions to take effect on the day they are made, you will be able to add free agents to your roster for the current day so long as all transactions are completed no later than five minutes before the start of each player's game. None of the players involved in a move can have played or be within five minutes of their game's start time, or the transaction will not be allowed. So, for example, transactions for all players who play at 4:30 pm PT must be completed by 4:25 pm PT.

Thoughts?
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 108)

Postby jphanned » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:23 pm

TheJordanRulz wrote:Hey guys, I have another request for a settings change. Yahoo now has a new feature where you can make roster moves for that same day. If the yahoo fantasy nba iphone app is like their fantasy mlb app, you are only able to make roster moves via the app if your league is set up where you can make same day moves. It would also not penalze the non-west coast guys who might want to get to bed by 10 pm or so and may want to make a move for the next day while seeing what has transpired during the previous night's play.

Here's what yahoo has to say about it:

If you choose to configure your league to allow transactions to take effect on the day they are made, you will be able to add free agents to your roster for the current day so long as all transactions are completed no later than five minutes before the start of each player's game. None of the players involved in a move can have played or be within five minutes of their game's start time, or the transaction will not be allowed. So, for example, transactions for all players who play at 4:30 pm PT must be completed by 4:25 pm PT.

Thoughts?

As a West Coast guy and a frequent MyFanTeams iPhone app user, I don't really see an issue here. I made plenty of add/drops last year (especially in a hyper-active league like the BOSF) via the MyFanTeams app without a problem. The first issue that comes to mind when implementing a same-day transaction rule is churning. We're already pretty loose with our rules here with a weekly limit of 10 moves. Also I like the idea of knowing which players the opposing managers will have going the next day so you can be prepared to change/alter your strategy of who to pick up, sit, start, etc. With a same-day transaction rule owners will have the ability to make last-minute adds that will not be in the spirit of fair play.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 402)

First Division H2H Draft Commentary

Postby jphanned » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:33 pm

Goes here. ;-D

No mentioning of undrafted players please. :-)
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

First Division ROTO Draft Commentary

Postby jphanned » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:33 pm

Goes here. ;-D

Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby jphanned » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:34 pm

Goes here. ;-D

Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby TheJordanRulz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:51 pm

it's not a problem. just an opportunity to make managing a team easier......and save me and others with similar schedules some sleep here and there. i'll be requesting this in all of the leagues that i'm in that i don't commish and will be pretty much forcing it unless anyone objects in the 3 leagues that i commish. i've been playing yahoo how we have it set up for years. not a big deal if this change doesn't happen, but keep in mind that I wake up before 5am west coast time during the week.

In terms of churning, many of us who were just trying to manage teams regularly with picking up (and holding) risers, managing injuries, etc came very close to the 50 move limit and/or met it last year so with the 50 move limit in place I wouldn't think this would be a factor. We all should know that every move in this league should be heavily scrutinized or you will use up your resources too quickly.

I assume most (if not all) of us try and check in before and during games. I see your point about a potential unfair advantage by making a move right before game time and I don't believe we have enough moves to make where you can make any roster moves with the intention of helping your team for one day or even for that week. Pertty much all moves need to be long term moves in this league so that makes me much less concerened about this being a strategy thing as opposed to an ease of use thing.

I have really enjoyed this same day transaction feature in the ESPN leagues I've been i nover the past few years.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 108)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon