2007-2013 Archived Posts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2010-2011 Offseason Discussion

Postby TheJordanRulz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:09 pm

i was talking about the yahoo app that i expect to see out soon for nba, not myfan, btw

prettty slick for baseball aside from it's non-support of add/drops in daily-tomorrow leagues
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 113)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TheJordanRulz » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:35 pm

any reason to not move it to same day transactions for the roto league?
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby sabonis » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:52 pm

will we have a different draft for the roto league as well? because I might not have the time for it.
sabonis
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby jphanned » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:29 pm

TheJordanRulz wrote:any reason to not move it to same day transactions for the roto league?

I already laid out my counterarguments, and I still don't think your reasoning is strong enough to necessitate a rule change. Also, we've never been the type of the league to change a rule because of one member. This is a 36-team league and we're going to need a lot more support for a rule change to permanently change it.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby jphanned » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:30 pm

sabonis wrote:will we have a different draft for the roto league as well? because I might not have the time for it.

Yes. The dual format was agreed upon by the majority of the members of the league. The ROTO draft is slated to start on the 13th. Do you need the date to be moved up or something?
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheJordanRulz » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Rounders Block wrote:
TheJordanRulz wrote:any reason to not move it to same day transactions for the roto league?

I already laid out my counterarguments, and I still don't think your reasoning is strong enough to necessitate a rule change. Also, we've never been the type of the league to change a rule because of one member. This is a 36-team league and we're going to need a lot more support for a rule change to permanently change it.

It was just a question suggesting using a new feature. That said, if you do want to argue (which is what it seems like) none of your arguments would apply to roto. You want to see who each team in your roto league is playing the next day? You're worried about churning in roto? Really? I commish 4 leagues and I know it's a task, but is a poll being posted to see if there is support rather than being argued against too much to ask? Whether you care what I have to say or not, it seems like that would be a simple solution.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jphanned » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:35 pm

TheJordanRulz wrote:It was just a question suggesting using a new feature. That said, if you do want to argue (which is what it seems like) none of your arguments would apply to roto. You want to see who each team in your roto league is playing the next day? You're worried about churning in roto? Really? I commish 4 leagues and I know it's a task, but is a poll being posted to see if there is support rather than being argued against too much to ask? Whether you care what I have to say or not, it seems like that would be a simple solution.

Yes, this is mostly a H2H issue. ROTO takes care of itself with 82-game limits on each position. And no, really don't see the need for a poll at this point. Like I said, if multiple individuals bring forward a problem that they have with one of our rules and can articulate good reasons for it to be changed (like bokzg, Red, & So-Tex did with the elimination of H2H playoffs), then the EC will talk it over and decide whether or not to put it to vote. It's inefficient to constantly be stuck on minor details like this and put every little thing to a vote. When we initially established the rules, 95% of it was arrived through back-and-forth discussion. When you take the time to articulate your opinion and lay out good reasons why it should be changed to a certain way, that really shows to me that it is an important issue that at least warrants consideration. The shortage of opinions on this matter thus far would seem to indicate that the rules are fine the way they are.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:37 am

I'm all for limiting churn in the HtH portions of the league. I don't have a problem, per se, with streaming, but I do think it takes a little something away from the game. The only case where I'd really be in favour of adding the same day adds would be in a league that has some sizable proportion of players from vastly different time zones, at which point the same day add does a little to mitigate the time zone differences.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Re: 2010-2011 First Division ROTO Draft Log & Rosters

Postby SC » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:58 am

SC

PG: Deron Williams (1.08)
SG: OJ Mayo (8.05)
G: Russell Westbrook (5.08)
SF: Carmelo Anthony (2.05)
PF: Andrea Bargnani (3.08)
F: Blake Griffin (7.08)
C: Kevin Love (4.05)
C: Andrew Bogut (6.05)
UTIL: Mike Conley (10.05
UTIL: Shawn Marion (11.08)

Bench: Louis Williams (12.05)
Bench: Charlie Villanueva (13.08)
Bench: Mehmet Okur (9.08)
Last edited by SC on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 13 times in total.
SC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby TheJordanRulz » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:08 am

even if the same day adds were limited to the roto leagues, i'd be happy with that. i guess it's up to me to get a group of people behind me if there's changes i want made before "the powers that be" will consider it. less stuff to look at before bedtime is my main motivation.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon