Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2010-2011 First Division ROTO Draft Room

Postby plonden » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:29 am

1.03 Lebron James (SF - MIA)
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 77)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010-2011 Champions League H2H Draft Room

Postby thelimey » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:38 am

1.07 Stephen Curry (PG - GSW)
thelimey
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 48)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2010-2011 First Division H2H Draft Room

Postby KalElen » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:35 am

1.1 Kevin Durant (SF - OKC)
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: First Division H2H Draft Commentary

Postby KalElen » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:41 am

i was asleep when the clock struck the midnight est. anyways there you have it, a big shocker. now wake me up in 20 picks :-B
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: 2010-2011 Offseason Discussion

Postby greyone » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:22 am

samo wrote:
Rounders Block wrote:For scoring purposes I figured that we would just eliminate the top-6 rule and go true cumulative all the way through. Everyone plays each other twice and there's no need for us to set an invisible playoff dividing barrier that would differentiate the regular season from the playoffs. What do you think about this samo?

Oh, for sure. The Top-6 "invisible playoff barrier" (for the benefit of those who don't study/memorize the Octagon Rules like it's the Koran or something) was established so an H2H team that finished rank 7th for the (then mandatory) H2H playoffs and was therefore in the lower bracket playing mostly bad/dead teams was precluded from any possibility of going 27-0 or something crazy against said awful teams and "technically" moving past a higher ranked team playing in the "upper" playoff group.

So, yes, no doubt it should just be full-season standings if going with the No Playoff option. ;-D

Samo, Im on board. ;-D Seriously disappointed you are not in the Champions league. :-t How dare you be the Floyd Mayweather to my Manny Pacquiao. !+)

Do you guys know any H2H leagues scored by cumulative wins percentage? Or is the Octagon the only league ever to employ such a system.

In all reality we are applying year end Roto standings to a H2H league. Great idea not widely accepted or used by the fantasy community. Seasoned and tested by the Octagon but remains a progressive idea entering the 5th season.
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: 2010-2011 Offseason Discussion

Postby jphanned » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:56 am

Yeah I do believe the Octagon is the first league to ever employ such a system. samo and I can only so much credit for it though -- gotta say that we're real lucky to have such a good group of forward thinkers who challenge us to make this as progressive of a league as possible. Always looking for new wrinkles to add to the league to make it better, so keep the ideas coming. Next year we're thinking about possibly adding auction drafts into the mix if things go well in the Cafe Auction league that geodbear is running. Expansion is also something we've been toying with as well but that may be looking too far ahead.
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Re: 2010-2011 First Division ROTO Draft Room

Postby the one » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:43 pm

1.04 Dirk Nowitzki (PF- DAL)
the one
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:07 pm

KalElen wrote:i was asleep when the clock struck the midnight est. anyways there you have it, a big shocker. now wake me up in 20 picks :-B

So this really isn't true? O:-)

RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby KalElen » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:27 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
KalElen wrote:i was asleep when the clock struck the midnight est. anyways there you have it, a big shocker. now wake me up in 20 picks :-B

So this really isn't true? O:-)

guess not :-b

if you think me evil now, what will you be saying at the end of the year, when i'm kicking your rear-end in this league :-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: 2010-2011 First Division H2H Draft Room

Postby So-Tex » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:46 pm

1.2 Chris Paul (PG - NO)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon