Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: First Division H2H Draft Commentary

Postby DVauthrin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:47 pm

So-Tex wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:
So-Tex wrote:I was wondering who was going to bite on Bogut. And why am I not surprised it was DV? :-B

What's that supposed to mean?

All it means is that it didn't surprise me you were the one willing to take the roll of the dice on Bogut - especially considering your record number of trades in the last few weeks over in Kal's Salary Cap League. ;-)

Then it meant exactly what I thought it meant. Don't be jealous that you didn't make 4 offseason trades in the span of two weeks. :-D

in all seriousness, my salary cap team needed a lot of work and now i'm happy with it
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DVauthrin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:48 pm

phx_2008_champs wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:What are point guards? I don't see one of those on my roster. :-D

I'll keep that in mind. }:-)

I can be mischievous too. The burning question is do I even want point guards? You may never know. :-D
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)

Postby So-Tex » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:23 pm

DVauthrin wrote:Then it meant exactly what I thought it meant. Don't be jealous that you didn't make 4 offseason trades in the span of two weeks. :-D

;-D

DVauthrin wrote:in all seriousness, my salary cap team needed a lot of work and now i'm happy with it

And I don't blame you - my squad in that league is not a walk in the park either - although I too, am now happy with where I'm at, especially with the deal we made. B-)

And sorry guys, if we're bringing in other leagues here - promise I'll keep the smack talk more "league specific" going forward. :-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby Shotcaller » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:43 pm

Can we vote on reducing the amount of time between picks to twelve hours? Clearly, nobody in our league is sending anyone a list of players in the event they will be away from the computer for a while. As a result, this draft has slowed to a glacial pace because of 3-4 managers. Those of us who do check in frequently are being forced to wait for 18-23 hours between picks. My impression is that some managers are using this 24-hour period to decide who they will pick rather than having their pick ready when they're on the clock. Additionally, we start our ROTO draft in a week. I shudder to think how horribly slow the drafts will be then. Just my opinion, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.
"We're not out there reading books, we're out there playing basketball"
Shotcaller
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 32)

Postby TheJordanRulz » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:02 pm

greyone was online about 2.5 hours ago. hopefully he's back to pick soon. i'll be able to pick shortly thereafter. i don't really oppose a 12 hour pick limit, but not sure that the draft would be moving more quickly if that was the case.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 113)

Re: First Division ROTO Draft Commentary

Postby jay_00 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:46 pm

On a side note, Brook Lopez was at Target again today buying a game and some shirts. My brother told him that i picked him for my fantasy team, and hes like "again? thanks alot bro!". I will take this as a sign for good luck this season. Amare was at Target the day after he signed his contract to buy a Nav system, but he didnt talk to much so im happy i didnt draft him. ;-D
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 75)

Postby Crimedogg32 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:08 pm

I don't think I have come close to user the 24 hour period in this draft but I would vote to keep it at 24 just because of awkward checking times at night with people having different schedules for going to sleep and waking up because of work, school, etc.
FBC Octagon Champion - 2010-2011
Crimedogg32
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2010-2011 First Division H2H Draft Room

Postby biznac » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:19 pm

5.10 Marcus Thornton (NOH - SG)
thanks soty!
biznac
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 34)

Postby jphanned » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote: I would vote to keep it at 24 just because of awkward checking times at night with people having different schedules for going to sleep and waking up because of work, school, etc.

Agreed. No real need to cut it to 12 yet. CDoc & bokzg -- if you're having consistent problems with certain members making picks on time then just send them a PM so everyone is on the same page. ;-D
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Re: First Division ROTO Draft Commentary

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:43 pm

jay_00 wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:Oden seemed early, ditto on Holiday.

deadshot11 wrote:EDIT: Oh, oops, nevermind, I saw what I did. But it wasn't me that mentioned him first!

Grounded Polo wrote:A dynamic option at SF over a stiff this year is concerning for Thornton's rise.

If you meant me, I didn't name names. ;-)

Lol, its technically the same thing man.

As for Arenas, i seem to be the only one who really wanted him but i was forced to get Baron and Devin at the 5th/6th turn since all the good assist guards would have been gone by the 7th/8th turn. If Collison had fallen to me earlier, I would have taken Arenas at the 6th and been very happy.

Yeah, you can count me in the I would've taken Arenas if my 3/4 turn went better club. If I landed Bargs, Arenas would've been my choice at 5.11 but didn't happen and I needed size as bad as you need assists. Bargain here. Too much upside to slide so far. I can't imagine he makes it out of Round 5 in any H2H league, works even better there.
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon